Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sheryl Jane - I have had a few concerns re 5:2 and mood issues, beyond 'low blood sugar' stuff. I posted a thread a while back in the 5:2 forum abt 5:2 and women, as there is some (very little yet) indication that women may react differently due to hormonal issues. It's pretty thin but seems more will be coming I hope.

Feed can you give me a link to the thread that you were talking about where someone got into it with Laura!

I am going to pm her right now.

I don't know what to do about Queen of Crop. We have 4 other people who have asked to join and I have just ignored the requests. It wouldn't be good to invite her and ignore the others, but then again, how would they know?

It was discussed in the Hosts forum but now I can't find it... the original thread was in the atheists room...its gone now. Butter might know something, he was involved too.

Dorrie, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. HUGS to you my friend. Nothing is TMI in this group. We are here for you when you need us. Sometimes I just come on here and type away. I get my feelings out that way. There are times people don't even comment and I'm ok with that. I just need to get it out. I'm the type also, that hides under a shell when I am upset or stressed so it's nice to be able to come here and talk to everyone.

Sheryl, I don't think depression has anything to do with 5:2. I agree with what Dorrie said about it. I bet if you put up a poll on the main page of the forum that you would have 90% of the people say they suffer with this. That is if they are honest about it. I think that those of us in this group feel much more comfortable opening up to each other rather than the thousands of people plus on the main forum and that's why you see if more here. How did the appointment go?

Denise, who else wants to join? Not sure what to do about that situation. Did you remove the people from the group that haven't been a part of it?

I'm worried about Laura, too. I completely understand needing a break but it's not like her to even get on the forum in days. Maybe Butter knows what's going on with her, they are close. Butter are you still here reading? If so, can you let us know how Laura is?

I have some exciting stats to share with you. Things have really changed for me since starting 5:2. I will share them tomorrow though because I need to get my measurements tomorrow night. Today my trainer did body fat. Exciting news to come...stay tuned...

Sheryl, I train with a trainer and do hard workouts. What kind of questions do you have?

I may not always comment, but I always listen.

Where is this hosts forum? I tried to find it.

I pmed laura but have not heard back. I hope I do !!

The people who have asked to join are Wyomin Girl

Cat tracks pharmgirldee and Kristy Azian

I don't know any of these people because I rarely get all around the board anymore.

I really want to find that host forum!

I don't know any of these people because I rarely get all around the board anymore.

Ummm, I don't know any of those people either. pharmgirldee looks familiar. How can people request to join our group when it's private?

Kim, I don't expect you or anyone else to comment on everything. I can't either. I know everyone here reads and cares!

They probably asked to join before the group went totally private.

So what do you think we should do everyone? I can send messages to those people and tell them to start their own group, that we had agreed to hold it to 20 when we first formed the group.

We don't have 20, since I deleted someone that never posted. I am going to pm Legal and see if she still wants to be in our group.

I am going to invite Queen of Crop. I think she would fit in here personality wise with our group, and she's not really super young , which I don't think would fit in.

They probably asked to join before the group went totally private.

So what do you think we should do everyone? I can send messages to those people and tell them to start their own group, that we had agreed to hold it to 20 when we first formed the group.

We don't have 20, since I deleted someone that never posted. I am going to pm Legal and see if she still wants to be in our group.

I am going to invite Queen of Crop. I think she would fit in here personality wise with our group, and she's not really super young , which I don't think would fit in.

That sounds good to me.

The hosts forum is at the bottom of the General Weight Loss Forum

BariatricPal Hosts

I have gotten the word that Laura is taking a break, it has nothing to do with the forum or anything that has happened on it. There is no word if she will be back or not, and she wants us to respect her decision to keep her privacy about whatever it is thats going on in her life.

I was on that thread. Dumb, why have an atheist forum if you are then attacked for perhaps making light of some religious beliefs. Anyway, can't wait to hear from Laura but she should take time as needed!

Appointment went well...have a six week plan back to sanity. Hope it works but I am better this week than last...journaling really helped me pinpoint the anxiety wind up before it becomes consuming.

Why DO people take themselves so seriously? Kim - the Edwardian Ball!!!!! I have wanted to go to that for YEARS, so jealous... Denise - we have two totally different takes on the situation; I think you have a great set up, one guy for one thing, one guy for another... I think it is a mistake to expect all things from one person and as an aside, I think this is why closed-group polyamory is becoming such a thing with the "kids" (under 30s) these days. I am a single woman and I make friends with men easier than I do with women, so I have buds that I dance with, play chess with, argue ethics with, exchange dirty jokes with... finding one man to satisfy all the facets of who I am... that's a tremendous expectation for a human. I love what my Grandma used to say about relationships or situations, "they are like buses, if it's not going where you need to go, get a transfer".

Oh and the reason I haven't said anything about care packages is because I may be medivacing to Germany anywhere from next week to mid-February, things are really up in the air, and since it takes about 3 weeks for a parcel from the West coast, it's dicey if it would get here while I am still here.

Coops - did you see this? http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/francis-medley-left-blog-entry-6503648

I too ventured into the thread which may/may not have upset LV as the title drew me in. However, after reading a couple of posts I was really really offended but then I went back and checked which forum it was on and as it was the atheist/agnostic I left the room as people are allowed to have their space yo say what they want. If I hadn't checked where the posting was it would have been quite easy to post a reply which could have upset people in the room. It is hard when viewing on a tablet or phone ( I think) to see the area you are venturing into as the subject of the post is bold and you automatically just click on it if it appeals to you. Maybe we should have a notice somewhere reminding people to check the area of the forum they are in before sending a reply which is the opposite or might cause controversy with the original post.

Florida, meant to say that your new pic is so good, I would love to have the side profile you have, your tummy is so flat.

Cathy - sadly that is an optical illusion from the shadows and flash of the camera, I have a substantial lower overhang.

Good to know Laura is ok.everyone needs space every so often. On the 5:2 front I am doing surprisingly well. I have lost the few extra holiday pounds and hit a low for me. I have added a longer fasting period which may be helping. Now once I can work in more exercise maybe scale will keep moving

BROWN!!! That is so exciting! Great news, a new low! Hope it continues for you.

Glad we know Laura is ok.

Sheryl, Glad the appointment went well and you left with a plan. If after six weeks you aren't doing better, does she want to start you on something?

I had a good fast day yesterday. Today I'm not hungry. I love 5:2! We are expecting a snow storm to start over here at any moment. It's supposed to be blizzard like later on so I don't know if I'll make it to boot camp tonight. If not, I'll have to workout on my own at home.

Happy Tuesday, Ladies!

Kim, I just googled the Edwardian Ball. How cool is that? I certainly hope you will be taking a lot of pictures for us. What are you going to wear? Will you take a picture of your art that will be displayed so we can see it? So exciting!

Dee, I was just thinking of you and wondering how things are going with your apartment. Do you think you will get in any time soon?

Kelly, I forgot to comment yesterday that I'm sorry about your job. Hopefully you will have more time to focus on art and well, life in general.