Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good to know Laura is ok.everyone needs space every so often. On the 5:2 front I am doing surprisingly well. I have lost the few extra holiday pounds and hit a low for me. I have added a longer fasting period which may be helping. Now once I can work in more exercise maybe scale will keep moving

At last Wanda! So happy things have kicked in. So you are using a bigger fasting window? I have thought of doing this too... I am happy to stay the same right now, but see a couple of things I could do to get the ball rolling again when Im ready, this is one of them. Cheers!

Kim, I just googled the Edwardian Ball. How cool is that? I certainly hope you will be taking a lot of pictures for us. What are you going to wear? Will you take a picture of your art that will be displayed so we can see it? So exciting!

Dee, I was just thinking of you and wondering how things are going with your apartment. Do you think you will get in any time soon?

Kelly, I forgot to comment yesterday that I'm sorry about your job. Hopefully you will have more time to focus on art and well, life in general.

I will be taking pics... too bad my camera is so big, I might have to make a wig for it and wear it as an accessory! I have a trunk of cloths, I will bring to the hotel and mix and match. I have my new corset, a couple of 24 meter skirts and some hats... I used to like to dress up a lot, and luckily I can fit into some of those old things again (yeah!) it is a fantasy event, not tied down to only Edwardian style, it has steam punk, and circus/burlesque elements too... so we will see!

http://www.google.com/search?q=edwardian+ball&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=u1TVUvmOIYLaoASs84DIBA&ved=0CEsQsAQ&biw=1309&bih=807

I was thinking the corset would be perfect for this!

Would love to see your corset photo. I think I want one. :)

Okay, went to the ARNP phscologist that can write prescriptions. We have a six week plan out of insanity..haha. It made me feel better to talk to her because I think she accurately pinpointed that all other issues aside, the fact that I am ending a co-dependant relationship is a huge stressor and could account for all of it. Well, I never thought about co-dependancy since he isn't a drinker or druggie - but - when she said it I recognized it. We have a very unhealthy "need" for each other that has nothing to do with typical man-woman couple need for each other. Small example - I awoke in a panic from a nightmare that I blew a fuse in the house and didn't know what to do to fix it...

Anyway, his car broke down so he has been borrowing my truck. Can you see why I am stressed - he is supposed to move out in January but I am not sure he has a clear plan on HOW that is supposed to happen. And I haven't been able to use my truck to haul my second horse out to the barn for conditioning rides... not the end of the world, but it has impacted my plans. I guess I don't care about that very much, but it is more the point that he has absolutely nothing except for what I have bought. It is really sad and he deserves better I just don't know how to fix him and need to give up.

Since the car breakdown on Saturday he has been even more out of his mind than usual so I have felt uncomfortable adding to his stress by confronting him over all the stuff he didn't do that he promised. I think I need to let THAT go and just focus on getting him out of the house.

I care deeply for him and he is a good person, but I simply cannot keep my own head above Water with someone who is floundering so terribly in life and cannot seem to get help for it. It is so sad to me... and for him I know.

anyway, when she told me that ... in essence that I am in an epic battle to break free of a very unhealthy co-dependant situation it put it in a light that I can understand.

I feel very ashamed that I totally lost my cool with Steven and he is really pissed at me - I accused him of nutty things and it was really just insanity on my part. Craziest part - I didn't even realize I was saying horrible things. It was totally undeserved and just happened due to my exhaustion and lets face it, wrong ways of thinking. He at least finally sent me a text that was ... friendly... although he has yet to say if he forgives me for it (oh, and I have apologized and taken full responsibility for it). I don't care if we never play again at this point, I just hate that I did that to someone I care about. I don't want to end on this note and this is NOT how I treat people. That was the incident that made me realize that I needed to do something serious to get my mind under control.

Anyway, hoping that the six week plan works...

They probably asked to join before the group went totally private. So what do you think we should do everyone? I can send messages to those people and tell them to start their own group, that we had agreed to hold it to 20 when we first formed the group. We don't have 20, since I deleted someone that never posted. I am going to pm Legal and see if she still wants to be in our group. I am going to invite Queen of Crop. I think she would fit in here personality wise with our group, and she's not really super young , which I don't think would fit in.

I would start with QoC and leave the rest. If they are seriously pursuing 5:2 I think they will be on the other thread, don't you?

I too ventured into the thread which may/may not have upset LV as the title drew me in. However, after reading a couple of posts I was really really offended but then I went back and checked which forum it was on and as it was the atheist/agnostic I left the room as people are allowed to have their space yo say what they want. If I hadn't checked where the posting was it would have been quite easy to post a reply which could have upset people in the room. It is hard when viewing on a tablet or phone ( I think) to see the area you are venturing into as the subject of the post is bold and you automatically just click on it if it appeals to you. Maybe we should have a notice somewhere reminding people to check the area of the forum they are in before sending a reply which is the opposite or might cause controversy with the original post.

I agree with this totally, Cathy. I also ventured onto the site and was upset by posts not realizing where I was. Like you, each has a true right to their own "voice" and I respected that by exiting without commenting. There was another thread started by someone who obviously had an ax to grind against LV and she was ultimately banned and the thread removed also.

The bad thing was it was HOSTS so it really kicked up a stir. The other host is no longer a host from what I see. :).

So come back, come back wherever you are LV! We need your caustic posts to keep us laughing and not maudlin! LOL

I think it is kind of silly that a support forum like this even has THOSE boards. I mean, what what's next - a place to discuss gun control, reproductive rights? Important subjects, but very controversial and really has nothing to do with the reason we are here. Nonetheless, it was dumb that Laura got smacked down for kidding around with Butter in a place that was appropriate for it.

I am sure she is fine and that the real issues are just needing to focus on house, home, family and real life....

Man, I am so out of touch! 

florinda, Why are you going to Germany?

Sheryl, are you talking about your ex husband? Who is living with you? I am glad you're taking steps to take care of everything and being good to yourself.

Feed, can't wait to see pictures!

I am going to Eugene which is half way between here and Portland. I am meeting Nex and we are going to hang out for the day. I love going out of town but I hate driving. It's only 2 hours and it would be 4 hours if I had to go to Portland.

My eating has been good. I lb below goal today. I am scared to death of gaining anything back so that really helps.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

CGJ, here is a link to the type of corset I bought, just a diferent color (blue and black)

http://www.corset-story.com/cdf-121.html Look at the sale price! only 17 dollars.....!!! it can restrict the waist by 4 inches. I looks like a really well made item... I will let you know how it goes.

post-110343-0-98062800-1389726385_thumb.jpg

Edited by feedyoureye

CGJ, here is a link to the type of corset I bought, just a diferent color (blue and black) http://www.corset-story.com/cdf-121.html Look at the sale price! only 17 dollars.....!!! it can restrict the waist by 4 inches. I looks like a really well made item... I will let you know how it goes.

I love it!'

Man, I am so out of touch! florinda, Why are you going to Germany? Sheryl, are you talking about your ex husband? Who is living with you? I am glad you're taking steps to take care of everything and being good to yourself. Feed, can't wait to see pictures! I am going to Eugene which is half way between here and Portland. I am meeting Nex and we are going to hang out for the day. I love going out of town but I hate driving. It's only 2 hours and it would be 4 hours if I had to go to Portland. My eating has been good. I lb below goal today. I am scared to death of gaining anything back so that really helps. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

You too,OD

You don't get back fat / skin with that?

My EX is my ex sig other - and yes he is STILL in my house and I am losing faith that this will end anytime soon...sigh. He has some serious emotional/mental issues that I never really understood until recently. IT is so sad.

Woah, so many posts to catch up on.  I don't mention everyone either, I too forget ... but I do read.

Florinda, I read the link.  How sad.  Sounds like she was a very talented and intelligent woman, even though I don't know her work as such.   She lived just 'down' the road... we often go to Barry for a day or afternoon, there is a little beach there and the kids used to love it when they were kids.  

Oh, I've done well so far this week - a good fast day Mon, a clean low cal day today and I intend to fast again tomo.  Insanity in work Thursday, so I won't be able to walk again Fri...lol.

I am still at the top end of my bounce range and I really don't like it - hoping that it will come off soon as I am 'due' a 'whoosh' on the scale.  If I remember right, the last time I hit the top of my bounce I stayed a while and then dropped to a new set point.  I have been at this set point for 4-5 weeks, so fingers crossed my pattern will continue and I will see some positive movement soon.

On another note, I have an amazing NSV - I tried my old signate ring on today, my mam and dad bought me it for my 21st birthday.  I haven't been able to wear it for about 18 years as it was too small.  It fits perfectly again!  I am wearing it as I type,  But the strange thing is that, I am at least 14lbs heavier now than I was when I was 21... hmmm, I really do think that my body composition has changed a lot in the last 22 years!!!

It's a fast day for me too and it couldn't come quickly enough. I have had a "heyday" with PB crackers ( craving them) and general junk.

Still in my bounce but glad to be disciplined today. Hungry too! LOL

Florinda, I read the article too. Seems like such a beautiful person.