Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ms Skinniness - did you have fresh batteries in, for this 6 lb miracle? Was the scale on a hard level surface ie, not a carpet? I have been sadly disappointed after momentary joy when these things have interfered. :/

Aaargh, I really want to weigh myself! Also, I've got over 660 cals to eat for dinner but it has to be pure 100% Protein, as my carb count for the day is already nutso - easily over 70g's!

Aaargh, I really want to weigh myself! Also, I've got over 660 cals to eat for dinner but it has to be pure 100% Protein, as my carb count for the day is already nutso - easily over 70g's!

The not weighing for 30 days...I couldn't do it! Oh I've done it before when I was hiding from my scale but not when I'm trying to lose, lol.

Yesterday was a feed day (Georgia, I eat fairly clean on feed days, but the reduced hunger/reduced snacking makes it hard to eat more...) and after dinner I was just over 1,070 cals. So I had some greek yogurt with PB2 in it and then drizzled a bit of choc. sauce over the top. Ended the day just shy of 1,200. Normally I do not eat anything after dinner, but this was like a nice dessert. I just couldn't stomach the thought of more meat.

M2G in my totally non-medical-expert opinion, I think you aren't eating enough. What is your TDEE and BMR?

Also, I don't think I will be strong enough to keep from weighing myself! But I have a bra that currently uh.. my cups runneth over ;) So I will use that as a marker since I lose from boobage first :)

M2G in my totally non-medical-expert opinion, I think you aren't eating enough. What is your TDEE and BMR?

I don't know my TDEE, but I did my BMR when I was about 16 months post-op (paid a sports medicine guru to stand on his big fancy scale...it spit out a big ole sheet of paper with a lot of info on it, most of it confusing...) BUT the bottom line was that my BMR at the time was 1,450. I've tried eating more than that and I always gain. Always.

I have never bothered to figure out my TDEE, because it seems confusing to me also. I never "count" or try to "eat back" my calories burned through exercise.

I just fished out the paper...it was called an InBody 720 (I think that might have been the name of the actual piece of equipment.) Anyway, my NUT agrees that my BMR is on the low side. So I think she has been ok with the lower calories.

My actual number was 1,459 kcals.

Anyway, I've always gained when I creep over 1,400 and I only seem to lose when I go below >800. Gah!

I am so excited I weighed this morning After first Fast day and it was 153.4. pounds. That's 24 pounds. 2.6 pounds to go

Well, I have been reading here, but not posting lately, just haven't had much of a chance. We were away last week, my husband is gone again for over a week, and I am getting ready to go back to work, so things have been a little crazy!

I am embarrassed to say that I have let my eating get way of track. My holidays at my parents was terrible as food choices go. My mom always has junk in the house (this time, it was oreos and chips) and I had no will power. With the vacation we took, birthdays, and trips, I have let my habits slide back into old ways. So when we got back from holidays, I have been working really hard on eating clean and have been doing good for the most part. Not perfect, but much better. And I got back to fasting on Monday and came in under 500 calories. My weight has been holding steady between 4.5 and 5.5 pounds lost (I always seem to fluctuate). I am thankful that I did not gain any weight while away at my parents, but I know I was just lucky this time!

I hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe summer is coming to a close. My kids start back in a little less than 2 weeks. My son is starting grade one, so will be going to school everyday now. And my daughter will be coming to preschool with me and then daycare. It is going to be a huge adjustment for everyone since I have been a SAHM for almost 7 years!

Have a great day everyone!

Ms Skinniness - did you have fresh batteries in, for this 6 lb miracle? Was the scale on a hard level surface ie, not a carpet? I have been sadly disappointed after momentary joy when these things have interfered. :/

I had put new batteries in and stepped on the scale a few times in disbelief. Today I got back on the scale and it told me I had gained back 5 lbs. :( So done with the scale. Basically only ate Protein for the day yesterday too. I didn't get in as much Water as I had the day before so I most likely lost water weight. The good news is, at least 1 lb stayed off. :P

M2G and Laura, don't be too frustrated. Really. I mean, I know I feel the same way when it happens to me but you can't let it bother you too much or it will ruin your mood. I have trouble every time I drop out of one range into another on the scale, Laura. Every single time. I go up and down and up and down for weeks before finally settling in at a lower weight. And Sheila, I had no real results for several weeks running - and even started GAINING after my fast days until this past week, so don't let it bother you. I think eventually your body just agrees to give those few pounds up.

Update:

I've been busy and sleep deprived, what else is new? I am reluctant to share because I keep getting disappointed but I've weighed for the last several days in my maintenance range. Last time I reported it I swiftly gained that pound back! In any case, I saw 139 on the scale today but even if that bounces back up tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll still be 141 or less.

That makes me officially in my maintenance range, and everything from here out is gravy. Or the cherry on top. That sounds more appetizing.

Labs came back. No issues with my thyroid. Seriously deficient in Vit D and Iron (as always) so they put me on a supplement for the D. And I'm already on Ferralet for Iron so the're putting me back on Bifera. We'll see what happens. I was told that if my labs are still low in 90 days, I'll need to go on the IM iron shots. Yay for that. (HARDLY!) I have repeat labs ordered for 30, 60 and 90 days already to measure my levels. I'm hoping that between the two supplements, I will feel less like a zombie. I know that feeling tired with a baby is part of it all but I seem to be having a real hell of a time.

Oh, and per doc the hairloss is normal. I'm not sure losing a small rodent a day is normal, even if you've just had a baby but I'm tired of arguing with them so until I have bald Patches I guess I'll deal with it.

I did adjust my feast day calories downward to see if it would help my loss a bit. Instead of aiming for maintenance levels, I'm shooting for 1,200-1,300 a day. It means I've been going to bed hungry and waking up hungry. But I've also lost three pounds in the last week. If it stays off, well worth it the trouble. And the going to bed hungry? Not so much real hunger, methinks. I built the habit of late night Snacks with my pregnancy and only kept it up while the kids were here and we kept longer hours. Now my body just wants to eat at night. I shut that nonsense up with Protein Shakes. Good news? My Protein has been upwards of 100 grams all week. Bad news? I really do wake up hungry. :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Now that our guests are cleared out I'm working hard on finishing up the last dozen boxes we need to unpack and getting all of the organization done. I hate moving. I also hate that my husband travels so much and can't grow a beard. He's clearly in the wrong career field. He can retire next spring but I think we're in for a bit more. The job market is just plain ugly out there and most of the jobs he'd transition to are contract/DOD things and I think we're ready for a big change. He's talking about going back for his PhD...we'll see!

~Cheri

Cheri,

You're in your maintenance window! That's awesome!

I think my stress comes from my son starting school again.. I've already been there twice and he's only on his third day!!

Oh and I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and I'm stressing about the weight loss and how he's going to react (silly I know)

So I'm wanting to lose more to impress but instead I'm stress and eating :P

What a flipping head case!! :D

I did good with nighttime eating last night though! because after that mountain biking yesterday I could not stay up past 8:30!

Vitamin D yes mine keeps coming out low too so I'm on a prescription D for now but I just took yet another blood test on Monday so we will see if a month made a difference...

Hurray Cheri!

I so can't wait to get to goal... and on to the job of maintinance. I have NEVER made goal during weight loss attempts. I am 60 freaking years old, and have been dieting from the age of 8. I am so excited to get there this time. I have achieved many things in my life, but this one thing, I have never reached.... I have been a failure....(In my own mind). The two pound loss stuck again today, and down another .2 . In the groove... no doubt a stall is around the corner, but not today!

M2G and Laura' date=' don't be too frustrated. Really. I mean, I know I feel the same way when it happens to me but you can't let it bother you too much or it will ruin your mood. I have trouble every time I drop out of one range into another on the scale, Laura. Every single time. I go up and down and up and down for weeks before finally settling in at a lower weight. And Sheila, I had no real results for several weeks running - and even started GAINING after my fast days until this past week, so don't let it bother you. I think eventually your body just agrees to give those few pounds up.

Update:

I've been busy and sleep deprived, what else is new? I am reluctant to share because I keep getting disappointed but I've weighed for the last several days in my maintenance range. Last time I reported it I swiftly gained that pound back! In any case, I saw 139 on the scale today but even if that bounces back up tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll still be 141 or less.

That makes me officially in my maintenance range, and everything from here out is gravy. Or the cherry on top. That sounds more appetizing.

Labs came back. No issues with my thyroid. Seriously deficient in Vit D and Iron (as always) so they put me on a supplement for the D. And I'm already on Ferralet for Iron so the're putting me back on Bifera. We'll see what happens. I was told that if my labs are still low in 90 days, I'll need to go on the IM iron shots. Yay for that. (HARDLY!) I have repeat labs ordered for 30, 60 and 90 days already to measure my levels. I'm hoping that between the two supplements, I will feel less like a zombie. I know that feeling tired with a baby is part of it all but I seem to be having a real hell of a time.

Oh, and per doc the hairloss is normal. I'm not sure losing a small rodent a day is normal, even if you've just had a baby but I'm tired of arguing with them so until I have bald Patches I guess I'll deal with it.

I did adjust my feast day calories downward to see if it would help my loss a bit. Instead of aiming for maintenance levels, I'm shooting for 1,200-1,300 a day. It means I've been going to bed hungry and waking up hungry. But I've also lost three pounds in the last week. If it stays off, well worth it the trouble. And the going to bed hungry? Not so much real hunger, methinks. I built the habit of late night Snacks with my pregnancy and only kept it up while the kids were here and we kept longer hours. Now my body just wants to eat at night. I shut that nonsense up with Protein Shakes. Good news? My Protein has been upwards of 100 grams all week. Bad news? I really do wake up hungry. :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Now that our guests are cleared out I'm working hard on finishing up the last dozen boxes we need to unpack and getting all of the organization done. I hate moving. I also hate that my husband travels so much and can't grow a beard. He's clearly in the wrong career field. He can retire next spring but I think we're in for a bit more. The job market is just plain ugly out there and most of the jobs he'd transition to are contract/DOD things and I think we're ready for a big change. He's talking about going back for his PhD...we'll see!

~Cheri[/quote']

Way to go, Cheri! Wondering now looking at less than 3 lbs from goal what maintenance will look like for me too. I know last time I for there and over a few months changed eating habits and began to slowly gain. CAN'T happen again so like you said, I'm thinking continue on "as is" for a little lower "gravy" ( bad choice of words/food! Lol) weight to allow for bounce of 2-3 lbs within goal range. I guess I'll just continue 5:2 and at some point go to 6:1 and see if I maintain there. Or up calories on feed days and leave 5:2 alone. Who knows!?

As to your labs, there are soooo many women who test low for ViT D. I do every time my blood work is checked. Another round of prescribed D for six weeks or so. I think it's because they figured out the correlation between heart attack and Vit D for women is being much more closely monitored.

I can truly imagine the tiredness from low iron. With a baby to care for too?!! No wonder your hair is falling out!!!

Cheri' date='

You're in your maintenance window! That's awesome!

I think my stress comes from my son starting school again.. I've already been there twice and he's only on his third day!!

Oh and I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and I'm stressing about the weight loss and how he's going to react (silly I know)

So I'm wanting to lose more to impress but instead I'm stress and eating :P

What a flipping head case!! :D

I did good with nighttime eating last night though! because after that mountain biking yesterday I could not stay up past 8:30!

Vitamin D yes mine keeps coming out low too so I'm on a prescription D for now but I just took yet another blood test on Monday so we will see if a month made a difference...

[/quote']

Isn't that truth??!! Everytime I have a Dr appt I KNOW I need to eat good and have lower weight but them I REALLY screw it up and eat Snacks etc!!!

ms skinni - that's why I've retired my scale for a month, I can't take the ups and downs! Like I said, I will monitor via a bra that I'm overflowing currently, at my lowest weight that bra was on its tightest hooks and the top of the cups were empty. Yesterday I got in just under 1700, and today am hoping for just under 600, we'll see.