Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the short time I have been following this plan, I have taken several "breaks"(read that eating out for days on end, missing fast days and other vacation behavior) and have found that as long as I stay mostly moderate, and fast before I go and after I get back... I stay the same or gain just a little and it comes right off. So sweet!

And an update on my eating more whole grains, so far so good! I know carbs are some peoples devil, but so far, my weight loss is a little better than normal, and I am eating whole grains (ancient grain types) every day.

Had a nice surprise this morning' date=' down 2 pounds! Lowest yet this year.... 4 pounds to lowest after WLS... then on to goal![/quote']

You Rock!

GT I couldn't go for 30 days without weighing' date=' I'd have several panic attacks. LOL

Happy Birthday Swizzly!

Today I got up and weighed myself. My scale said I lost 6lbs since yesterday. I weighed in at my lowest today ever at 142.2. I did reweigh myself a few times and it came out the same. I am not sure I can believe this though. I think maybe some of it was Water weight???? This so confuses me. But I really want to believe it....Is it possible to lose 6 lbs by fasting 1 day? Is this just my body readjusting to everything. I will have to wait and see what tomorrow's weigh in says. :P [/quote']

Possibly :). And what brand scale so I can order mine??

I call that chunk losing. I did that all the time during losing stage. I would all of a sudden drop 5 lbs. But then I would stall for a few weeks.

Happy birthday Swizz!

tomorrow I get my cast off. Then I am heading straight out of town to stay with a friend. It's foggy and windy here on the coast. I am headed inland to have some summer. (and shop) She has a pool. I'm excited to go out of town.

I hope there won't be thing tempting me to go off track. So far' date=' I have really been into this and I have been able to resisit.[/quote']

Yay for the cast off! ( doesn't sound right, does it? ). Enjoy your fun in the sun and don't buy out the baby stores!!!

Possibly :). And what brand scale so I can order mine??

Chunk losing, I like that! :P

The scale is a top of the line Withing. I always have to replace the 4 triple A batteries.....But I do like the numbers..... LOL :P

http://www.52fastdie...p?mode=register

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

Both forums that FYE has mentioned before also. The first is one started by a enthusiast and the second is the main one by the original creator guy. Both excellent reading and info on many, many, MANY people doing this lifestyle.

Thank you so much Georgia!

Just read this, pretty cute account of a British comedian that tried 5:2.

http://www.watoday.c...0702-2p9pv.html

Haha, thank you so much for sharing that FYE!

I so agree with you, FYE! Fast day pulls me "into line", so to speak, mentally. And the weird thing is to me is that I feel extremely anxious or "fat" if I eat all the way to my full calorie margin on feast days! I am finding the " do my own thing" snack wise creeping up so today working on back to 3 meals, 2 Snacks and not mindlessly eating a little here or there even if within my goal calorie expenditure.

But, hey, at 154 and four pounds from my lowest/goal is so totally mind blowing to me. After struggling to figure it all out, I'm very pleased.

Good luck, all fasters today. And all feasters, clean eating to you!!! ;)

Okay have to catch up on what's going on around here. Had some family in town for a few days so I was out of the loop.

I went and had a visit with my favorite NUT today and I've been keeping her in the loop on the whole 5:2 thing. Educating her, really, as she had not heard of it. She had given me the green light to try it and I started on Tues July 17th. Exactly 5 weeks ago today. I'm down -9lbs. The past two weeks, I have fasted 2x per week, with zero results (or at least not any that I can SEE on the scale, lol.) So my biggest losses thus far have been in the first 3 weeks of this. But I am NOT one to give up and I refuse to give up. So I'm going to continue with this and hopefully this is just a plateau, and my body is trying to figure out what the he)) I'm doing and if I don't give up then maybe it will give me some more loss. I'm only 20lbs away from goal...sooooo close yet sooooo far! But at least I have a whole new perspective and a lot of hope doing the 5:2. My NUT noticed on Feed Days when I've really only hit about 950 - 1,000 calories and she is ok with that but also said if the plateau continues maybe try to bump those days up to 1,200. The low cal days are because I'm NOT very hungry even on feed days. But I think adding in one more Protein dense meal would probably be wise on those days when I'm falling short.

Thanks ladies!

And happy birthday to you Aug. ladies, hope you are having wonderful bdays!

Measure too, I read someplace that the 5:2 burns more fat, so might show up on the tape before the scale.... also the website says expect one pound a week, so really you are ahead of the game!

I only lost a half a lb this last fast which I will probably put back on today just eating normally.

I can't wait until I can get back to the gym. That won't be for awhile though. I have my membership on hold bc of my broken wrist. At the beginning of Sept, my brother will be here from Chicago for 2 weeks. I won't be going to the gym then, either.

I am at work. My boss is on vacation so I can use the computer at work for a change. I normally don't work this much but she's in a bind bc her full time girl quit.

Hi girls. Oregon even when you get the cast off no gym??

Well it's 2:40 pm and I'm just now having my first meal of Greek yogurt and blueberries. So far so good today.

My weight has not been great the last week I just can not get into the 150's and stay there! Up and down, up and down! Fingers crossed that something good happens this week though.

FYE I have never taken measurements. I should but then again it might just give me more numbers to fixate on.....

Laura, don't stress. I did that too getting settled into the 150s. Took me a couple three weeks to firmly be rooted there ( and probably if I really ate well for a week would be out! Lol).

M2G, as FYE said, 9 lbs is nothing to sneeze at and maybe not having enough calories has slowed down your loss but I would make sure also WHAT your calories are on your feed days. I know for me if I don't eat clean even on feed days, I tend to bounce around more.

Wow, FYE, just can't get over that you are almost at your all time low! That is simply wonderful.

Even though I am getting this hard cast off tomorrow, I'll still have a removable cast for quite awhile. I am not sure about going to the gym with that on. I can do legs and my bottom half. I feel better, as I am not in pain all the time now, so I can start cardio too.

Yay! I am sure that's what it's going to take to get any lower.

It is amazing to me that a full cup of stirfry veggies has 30 calories!!! So with my 2 ounces grilled chicken stirred in that's a grand total of 100 calories!! Ha!

At this point (6pm) I have had 233 calories. Believe, I'll have a snack now. :)

I was more hungry than usual mid day today for some reason. Might be because I only ate two baby bel cheeses at noon for my first "meal"

Take heart, ye slow losers and stallers!! I've been doing 5:2 since three months now and have still not lost weight lol! But I believe FYE is right abt measurements (not that I've taken any lol) cos I do feel a bit smaller and my snuggest things are fitting a bit better I believe. :-)

Lol swizzly! Yep slow here too but feeling better so that counts for a lot!

Daisy, I know you will feel better once your able to work out again!

Georgia, yep that's why I like a big ole bowl of veggies with my protein!

Ok 7pm finishing the day at 582 I had an a salad tonight with Protein of course. But I usually eat it "dry" I was feeling dangerous tonight so I put some dressing on it :P

I went mountain biking today so I actually burned some calories on a fast day :D

Broke a little bit yesterday, fast day, caved and had some Peanut Butter and dried apple rings before bed which bumped my cals up to 682 :/ Two days since I weighed myself and I'm already jonesing for it!! This is gonna be harrrrd!