Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast day today! I find some comfort there for sure. My "I want to do everything I want" voice is complaining' date=' but thats the voice that got me into trouble in the first place! This morning I got back to my lowest 5:2 weight, after 11 days of vacation, fancy dinners, a birthday party and house guests. Not bad! I threw in a couple of fast days where I could, and never gained more than 3+ pounds... and now its off. I hope I can break this low this week a little more. Onward to goal! And I have a hope in hell that I can maintain as well! Have a nice day everyone.[/quote']

I so agree with you, FYE! Fast day pulls me "into line", so to speak, mentally. And the weird thing is to me is that I feel extremely anxious or "fat" if I eat all the way to my full calorie margin on feast days! I am finding the " do my own thing" snack wise creeping up so today working on back to 3 meals, 2 Snacks and not mindlessly eating a little here or there even if within my goal calorie expenditure.

But, hey, at 154 and four pounds from my lowest/goal is so totally mind blowing to me. After struggling to figure it all out, I'm very pleased.

Good luck, all fasters today. And all feasters, clean eating to you!!! ;)

GT: Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.....

I've found myself resisting logging the food that I eat still......I need to get back on track with that......

I am finding that old habits come back really fast and I recognize that I am eating out of boredom when I'm not even hungry.....

Something in my brain keeps telling me that I need to eat.......So I will be adjusting that.....

This is totally hard work. I had to put new batteries in my scale and at first it scared the P*** out of me. It said I had gained 8 lbs.... :angry: So I got back on the scale and it readjusted and said I had gained 1 lb.... :mellow:

So that's much better....Today is my fast day and I will be drinking a lot of tea and crystal lite. Will be increasing my exercise by going to the mall and walking.....and avoiding the See's candy store for the freebie chocolate.

I have found myself quite lost with what to eat so I have been researching what other's eat on MFP. Thank you Georgia bc I love what you eat. I seem to have been stuck on Protein Shakes and Protein Bars and those are quite high on calories for fasting days.... Have a wonderful day everyone! :P

GT: Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.....

I've found myself resisting logging the food that I eat still......I need to get back on track with that......

I am finding that old habits come back really fast and I recognize that I am eating out of boredom when I'm not even hungry.....

Something in my brain keeps telling me that I need to eat.......So I will be adjusting that.....

This is totally hard work. I had to put new batteries in my scale and at first it scared the P*** out of me. It said I had gained 8 lbs.... :angry: So I got back on the scale and it readjusted and said I had gained 1 lb.... :mellow:

So that's much better....Today is my fast day and I will be drinking a lot of tea and crystal lite. Will be increasing my exercise by going to the mall and walking.....and avoiding the See's candy store for the freebie chocolate.

I have found myself quite lost with what to eat so I have been researching what other's eat on MFP. Thank you Georgia bc I love what you eat. I seem to have been stuck on Protein Shakes and Protein bars and those are quite high on calories for fasting days.... Have a wonderful day everyone! :P

Don't those scales drive you crazy? I swear could weigh eight times and usually wind up with different weight. Now if its low, I will take it! Lol.

Happy b-day, GT!! Mine is tomorrow. :)

Given that, I caved after fasting perfectly all day, and added a bit of chocolate, Peanut Butter and white wine to dinner with the hubs. For a total of 983 cals. Hey, okay. I'll take it. It's my b-day week! I'm going to enjoy it. :D

Happy b-day' date=' GT!! Mine is tomorrow. :)

Given that, I caved after fasting perfectly all day, and added a bit of chocolate, Peanut Butter and white wine to dinner with the hubs. For a total of 983 cals. Hey, okay. I'll take it. It's my b-day week! I'm going to enjoy it. :D[/quote']

Happy early birthday! Enjoy!!!

Swizzly happy early Bday :)

I've had a food fest weekend and I'm up 2 pounds.. I saw the 150's briefly, but the scale is telling me 160 again :(

I was definitely stress eating school started today and I've been doing the mother worry thing about my sons first day back, so I ate my worries away (not) topped off by a glass of wine because I couldn't sleep last night.

You name a rule yesterday and I broke it :P

Swizzly happy early Bday :)

I've had a food fest weekend and I'm up 2 pounds.. I saw the 150's briefly' date=' but the scale is telling me 160 again :(

I was definitely stress eating school started today and I've been doing the mother worry thing about my sons first day back, so I ate my worries away (not) topped off by a glass of wine because I couldn't sleep last night.

You name a rule yesterday and I broke it :P

[/quote']

Well, this too shall pass. Let it go

My internet was down and I was going through withdrawl!

I am not sure how many calories I had for my fast day. I was supposed to be done eating. I bought a bunch of baby girl clothes for my new baby grand daughter that is coming and I took them to my daughter's house. She had one of those rotisserie chickens sitting out and I ate a bunch of moist chicken breast. You would of thought I was chowing down on chocolate chip Cookies, the way I scarfed that down. It was only 7pm so I wasn't past my time, but I have to add that to my 500 calories plus 2 delicious home grown strawberries.

Laura I'm with you I am afraid with a gain after the weekend. The alcohol, food and chocolate was to blame and I am back on track today. It was a weekend away and I did really enjoy it, family celebrations turn up all the time so I have to learn better coping mechanisms. Or realise that the parties occur, enjoy them and get straight back on track. That is what I like about the 5:2 the fast days get you back in the right frame of mind.

Here's to a good fast day.

Looking like I will come in at 530 cals today. I've started a new gym routine, focusing solely on muscle building, so I've decided to not weight myself for 30 days!!! Day before yesterday I weighed in at 191.2, I will not weight again until September 18th, I hope!!!!

Good for you globe! I really need to do some strength training myself!

Oregondaisy! I love babies! (And roasted chicken)

Cathy, yes the weekend was a food fest and I'm feeling the after affects today! I'm fasting today and it should be interesting my stomach is already awake and wants food!

I'm going mountain biking this morning with my husband so food will have to wait until later.

I know some of you girls like to workout on a empty stomach. I find it psychologically hard!

Like I feel I'm weakened :P

Food... food...food... It's always food!

GT I couldn't go for 30 days without weighing, I'd have several panic attacks. LOL

Happy Birthday Swizzly!

Today I got up and weighed myself. My scale said I lost 6lbs since yesterday. I weighed in at my lowest today ever at 142.2. I did reweigh myself a few times and it came out the same. I am not sure I can believe this though. I think maybe some of it was Water weight???? This so confuses me. But I really want to believe it....Is it possible to lose 6 lbs by fasting 1 day? Is this just my body readjusting to everything. I will have to wait and see what tomorrow's weigh in says. :P

I call that chunk losing. I did that all the time during losing stage. I would all of a sudden drop 5 lbs. But then I would stall for a few weeks.

Happy birthday Swizz!

tomorrow I get my cast off. Then I am heading straight out of town to stay with a friend. It's foggy and windy here on the coast. I am headed inland to have some summer. (and shop) She has a pool. I'm excited to go out of town.

I hope there won't be thing tempting me to go off track. So far, I have really been into this and I have been able to resisit.