Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coops, it might also be the result of withdrawing from sugar? I felt this way when I started ADR, that sugar withdrawal is no joke.

I take hormones. I wish I didn't. I am 60. I see so many post menopausal women with huge bellies. I know hormones play a huge part in weight loss/gain.

I can't wait until I can type again. This one handed typing sucks. It's still over 2 weeks until I get this cast off.

Why would the hormones make you accumulate belly fat? I thought that pudgy middles were something that everyone battles in middle age, fat or thin.

...tummy cramps and my tummy is super swollen (not TT swollen)!

Coops -- did you start eating gluten again? If you go off it for a bit and then eat it again, it seems to cause worse tummy troubles for some than they were having to begin with. ?

Why would the hormones make you accumulate belly fat? I thought that pudgy middles were something that everyone battles in middle age, fat or thin.

http://www.healthcentral.com/menopause/c/727598/105292/menopot-avoid/

Ugh.

thanks ladies... I am 42 now, all this peri menopausal stuff was 'diagnosed' when I was 39 but I had the symptoms for many years before, especially the irregular periods and they always put it down to being morbidly obese (by they, I mean the docs).

Swizzly, I have deviated from the primal a little, mainly eating a bit of bread - that is going now, good point. But the areas of cramps is in the pelvis which is why I thought it was to do with Aunt Flo.

GT - yea, sugar is a bi*ch! She won't get the better of me though...

I just gotta keep the faith, right?

Gonna fast today - want my head back in the game and I think that by fasting at the start of the week, it will help give me the control I want. Normally the week before I go away I wouldn't worry about what I eat - this year, I want it to be different!

It is so good to read how everyone is doing. I just got back from my mini vacay and am scared to death to step on the scale tomorrow morning. I have been eating everything and it feels like a lot of food. :( Tomorrow the truth will be known and I will be fasting. I get hungry an hour after I eat and then I eat more.....I started taking my PPI again and i hope it's acid in my stomach causing the hunger and will need to work on the head hunger too. i am working on making food a nonpriority too.

Any advice is welcome.........

Glad you had a good time my skinny friend! Don't worry about the scales tomo - life is for living and when you are away, that is living.

When you go back to your fast days, just remember to get plenty of fluids in and that should help with the hunger.

Remember your BMI is perfect, so for you, this is now a maintenance thing long term ... never forget how far you have come and the success you have had!

The week of relatives and eating out took its toil but I reigned it in over the weekend resulting in my weigh- in today being exactly the same as last week. I'm pleased with this and so it is a 'normal' week this week.

I'm on my summer break from work (return 1st September ) and I think I prefer to be in work when it comes to controlling what I eat. Work is so busy that I don't have time to think about food. I only work part time but the days at home are busy in that there are jobs to be done. At the moment there seems to be too much spare time. I will have to look out some of those boring jobs that I have been meaning to do for some time - maybe I could sort out the wardrobe and drawers and get rid of anything that does not fit.

Today could be a fast day if I want, just haven't decided yet.

The week of relatives and eating out took its toil but I reigned it in over the weekend resulting in my weigh- in today being exactly the same as last week. I'm pleased with this and so it is a 'normal' week this week.

I'm on my summer break from work (return 1st September ) and I think I prefer to be in work when it comes to controlling what I eat. Work is so busy that I don't have time to think about food. I only work part time but the days at home are busy in that there are jobs to be done. At the moment there seems to be too much spare time. I will have to look out some of those boring jobs that I have been meaning to do for some time - maybe I could sort out the wardrobe and drawers and get rid of anything that does not fit.

Today could be a fast day if I want, just haven't decided yet.

Well, good on you for the week of relatives not causing a gain! I'm in fear for spending two weeks in the US soon...I'm going to have to really watch out...

I agree about fasting in work instead of at home -- it's so much easier in the office especially on a quite busy day. At home I'm thinking, oh what could I have for lunch, dinner, snack, etc... :lol:

Yeah that is so true, I'm at under 500 cals right now, end of the work day, I could make this a fast day by having a shake for dinner, or go to the dining hall and get real food ... Luckily I am so exhausted the idea of chewing seems like an effort, so it may end up being the shake :/

Fasting. Will start with a Protein coffee in an hour or so.

Coops, good luck with the hormones - they do wacky things to our bodies.

I'm winding down and some house guests will be gone by Wed, the rest by the following Friday. I am so ready to have my house back! I'm also tired of making large meals. I love cooking but two meals a day for six to nine people for seven weeks gets pretty old, pretty fast.

Weight is holding steady where it's been since the 23rd of July. I go up and down the same four tenths of a pound but never log an actual loss by the end of the week. My last loss of more than four tenths of a pound was my second or third week, I think.

I just want to lose five more pounds so that I can be at the bottom of my maintenance window again, but it appears it will be a challenge to do it. In better news, I can at least button the snuggest pants from my pre-baby wardrobe, even if I don't want to wear them out just yet. Husband thinks they look great, go figure. Between the residual baby puffiness (especially in my upper arms, middle and thighs) and the seven extra pounds that won't go away I'm just finding that I feel more frustrated keeping it in my mind and focusing on it, partly by doing 5:2 - which I really think is just reinforcing an eating method and not really doing anything to help me shed weight.

I can see why there was such a strong push for a private group - too many of the PMs I got and questions being asked assumed 5:2 was a quick was to log a lot of loss and it's just not. If I'm feeling this frustrated, I can only imagine how those that haven't lost are feeling.

I'm just in a mood, apparently. I'll log back on later to detail my fast day. I'm going to stick with it - no giving up and saying forget it, even though I have serious doubts that it's actually doing anything.

~Cheri

Cheri -- do you like how you feel doing 5:2? That's enough to keep me going most of the time. I hope to eventually see a loss, but hey -- in the meantime, I am convinced that fasting is helping me in other ways.

I'm fasting today except I just ate a crapload of pistachios that were not intended to be on the plan today... I think I need to get all the food out of my desk area, full stop. I used to (pre-sleeve) have a self-imposed rule against having or eating any food at my desk (eg, drawer of Snacks or so). The SLEEVE actually changed this cos I had to have three snacks per day at first, and the (now-bad) habit has remained... So I think to help myself on fasting days, I will get rid of the nuts and dry fruit (and chocolate sigh) in my cupboard and just make it harder to grab something when I'm hungry and have low will power LOL.

So I'm going to pretend I did NOT eat the pistachios calorie-wise -- meaning, I'll log them, but not take them into account for overall calories today so that I can have my proper dinner when I get home. C'est la vie, an extra 175 calories isn't a crime or anything. :D

Today is such a beautiful day. It feels good when we are getting something accomplished...

I weighed in today at at 149.2 lbs. So I need to get 4.2 lbs off to be at my happy weight. :P

Today I am fasting and will try not to eat until lunch time......

Cheri I'm glad to hear your house guest are going, it will be nice to get back into a regular routine and not have to cook so many large meals. You've done a great job too.....

Coops keep up the good work and we do store estrogen in our stomach fat when we are in perimenopause, but as we lose weight the estrogen is released into our bodies. Perhaps that's a reason for having a meno. :P I do have a mireno IUD and I know that that helps with my progesterone levels. Haven't had a period since the surgery, very thankful tooooooooooo..

Laura ad Coops thank you for the encouragement and support, I am really about to just give up and get derailed, but I won't, I'm on trak right now with maintenance.Have a wonderful day everyone.......:P

Wow, everyone is doing so well. And a point that should be made is none of us have gained since starting 5:2, so that has to count for something!

Today is a fast day for me and it is a good thing. We had a busy weekend and were out eating a lot. I feel so bloated so I am happy to have the fast. I drink a ridiculous amount on my fast days to keep from feeling hungry that it really flushes everything out!

Cheri, you have done so well, you should be proud!

Coops, I would get your levels checked out again. Even though I am not in that stage, I have heard that your periods can stop and start sporadically before it finally stops all together. I know that it does not help with your weight loss goals. Hang in there!

Have a great week everyone!

Good point sweetums! I like good news on a Monday morning.

Just caught up with all the new posts, good fast day for all of you Monday faster's :)

I will be there tomorrow.