Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lots of ups and downs on my 'catch up' ... sending hugs to you all... I hate bad news, but I am impressed with how you all handle it!

So, supposed to be fasting today, and well, it hasn't gone to plan. Didn't eat til late, then being unorganised has meant grabbing whatever is in, which isn't a lot as we go away tomo! Defo haven't eaten too much, but more than my fast day allowance permits. Never mind.

Oh well... perhaps tomo I can be 'careful'?

Not sure how this holiday will pan out... there is a gym and I've packed my work out clothes, hoping to make some time to go for a lil jog? I've decided that I have to watch the liquid cals this year, as I know that last year they caught me out. The sleeve did its job on the food front! So, no pop for me, and if I do, it will be diet or light!

Ok... back to sorting my suitcases out... there is wi fi at the hotel so I will try to pop on whilst I'm away... xx

lots of ups and downs on my 'catch up' ... sending hugs to you all... I hate bad news, but I am impressed with how you all handle it!

So, supposed to be fasting today, and well, it hasn't gone to plan. Didn't eat til late, then being unorganised has meant grabbing whatever is in, which isn't a lot as we go away tomo! Defo haven't eaten too much, but more than my fast day allowance permits. Never mind.

Oh well... perhaps tomo I can be 'careful'?

Not sure how this holiday will pan out... there is a gym and I've packed my work out clothes, hoping to make some time to go for a lil jog? I've decided that I have to watch the liquid cals this year, as I know that last year they caught me out. The sleeve did its job on the food front! So, no pop for me, and if I do, it will be diet or light!

Ok... back to sorting my suitcases out... there is wi fi at the hotel so I will try to pop on whilst I'm away... xx

Have a wonderful trip my dear! You so deserve it.... Hope you hear more about your adventure on vacay.....:P

Ok you ladies must be out living fabulous lives today! I hope everyone doing Thursday had a good day. I'm wrapping up the day at 495.

Drank tons of Water and got rid of that bloat.

Now I just have to make it through the witching hours until bedtime.

Oh have fun coops!!

Fast day...great plan but terrible execution.

My girls wanted pizza for lunch (just from the freezer to oven kind) and I literally hid in the basement with the sewing maching (I'm not great at sewing but my 12 yo wanted some jeans to go from "bootcut" to "skinny" ...gotta love youtube!) so I drank a cup of broth while sewing to avoid the smell of pizza!

Then we all decided to go to the movies. I caved. Who knew that Dots have like 200+ calories for 1/2 cup? Aaargh. So my "fast" day ended at 931...and like 200 of that was from Dots. Sigh.

Oh and dinner at Olive Garden. I did have salad, one breadstick and a tiny chicken breast. So yeah fasting...notsomuch.

Tomorrow is a new day.

I went in today and asked if they could shave off a little of my cast because it was hurting my knuckles. They decided to take it off and recast it. Now my knuckles are free but he put it on really tight. It's so tight it hurts. I hope it loosens up.

I'll be gone all weekend with limited internet. I'm going to cheat and take an appetite suppressant at the 60th birthday party. I really don't want to gain any weight.

Then we all decided to go to the movies. I caved. Who knew that Dots have like 200+ calories for 1/2 cup? Aaargh. So my "fast" day ended at 931...and like 200 of that was from Dots. Sigh.

Oh and dinner at Olive Garden. I did have salad' date=' one breadstick and a tiny chicken breast. So yeah fasting...notsomuch.

Tomorrow is a new day.[/quote']

Dots? 200 calories? Wow who would of thought those little nuggets of chewiness would be that much!

And yes, today is a new day !

I like your new pic too :)

I went in today and asked if they could shave off a little of my cast because it was hurting my knuckles. They decided to take it off and recast it. Now my knuckles are free but he put it on really tight. It's so tight it hurts. I hope it loosens up.

I'll be gone all weekend with limited internet. I'm going to cheat and take an appetite suppressant at the 60th birthday party. I really don't want to gain any weight.

Girl, cheat! cheat away, but make it with a piece of cake or something. I hate to see you putting an unnecessary drug in your body..

It's a special occasion, these happen sometimes.

You know I'm up with the chickens today because I couldn't sleep.. In the flood of random thoughts that kept me awake, one was about the holidays. A little early I know, but hey.

Well I was thinking how am I going to handle all the good food. I started thinking that I will try not to stress about it but I will fill myself with Protein first at any given occasion, then after I will give myself permission to taste the goodness of treats here and there.

I hope your cast has loosened up today!

Dots? 200 calories? Wow who would of thought those little nuggets of chewiness would be that much!

And yes, today is a new day !

I like your new pic too :)

I know I know, freakin Dots! Gah! And I didn't really COUNT or measure, we just passed a big box around (2 here, 3 that time, 2 again, and so on) and I just estimated that I ate about 20 or so of them and estimated that to probably be about 1/2 a cup. :angry:

Thanks girl. Took it last night. Seems a little "pink" to me but haven't bothered to fix it. ;)

Girl, cheat! cheat away, but make it with a piece of cake or something. I hate to see you putting an unnecessary drug in your body..

It's a special occasion, these happen sometimes.

You know I'm up with the chickens today because I couldn't sleep.. In the flood of random thoughts that kept me awake, one was about the holidays. A little early I know, but hey.

Well I was thinking how am I going to handle all the good food. I started thinking that I will try not to stress about it but I will fill myself with Protein first at any given occasion, then after I will give myself permission to taste the goodness of treats here and there.

I hope your cast has loosened up today!

OD- I hope your cast loosens up too. I hate that too tight feeling just from like bandaids and stuff, can't imagine a cast. 2 weeks left right?

LV- You are thinking about the holidays already? And losing sleep over it? Like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas? LOL! I probably should start thinking about that too. Last year I gained :blink: and have been battling it *still* this year. Well, now that I'm been on the 5:2 I've probably lost the holiday gain. Just need to keep this going.

Oh and if any of you missed it, Chimera posted a link to a really great video abou the 5:2 in the Vet's Forum. It takes an hour to watch, but is REALLY worth the time and effort to watch it.

checking in... starting 5th day on vacay... got to weigh on my own scale today... up 3 pounds. Its been all Snacks out of bags for days! crackers, cheese, dip, brownie bites, sesame honey almonds and Cookies. Heaven help us all! Im not done yet. Up to the mountains tomorrow for a couple of days. I don't see a fast till the 17th, so thats 12 days without. Am I getting kicked out of this group yet? At least I should be getting some hiking in, and will be doing some of the cooking for the next week. More fresh vegies and such. I have been writing down as much as I can think of (MFP) and have been up between 300-500 cals a day... so some of this has got to be Water. Back on the wagon on the 17th and hopefully a couple of other days in between as well. I am choosing to eat what I want, but write it all down as my plan... I kind of like it, but really, am looking forward to getting more order and control back when I can do most my own cooking and occasional NOT eating. So hard when its all on the fly.

Did go to a star studded party, Jody Foster was there, but wasnt supposed to be there, so when I saw her I thought it was someone who really looked like her :P Many more as well, quite a bash. Later ladies!

checking in... starting 5th day on vacay... got to weigh on my own scale today... up 3 pounds. Its been all Snacks out of bags for days! crackers, cheese, dip, brownie bites, sesame honey almonds and Cookies. Heaven help us all! Im not done yet. Up to the mountains tomorrow for a couple of days. I don't see a fast till the 17th, so thats 12 days without. Am I getting kicked out of this group yet? At least I should be getting some hiking in, and will be doing some of the cooking for the next week. More fresh vegies and such. I have been writing down as much as I can think of (MFP) and have been up between 300-500 cals a day... so some of this has got to be Water. Back on the wagon on the 17th and hopefully a couple of other days in between as well. I am choosing to eat what I want, but write it all down as my plan... I kind of like it, but really, am looking forward to getting more order and control back when I can do most my own cooking and occasional NOT eating. So hard when its all on the fly.

Did go to a star studded party, Jody Foster was there, but wasnt supposed to be there, so when I saw her I thought it was someone who really looked like her :P Many more as well, quite a bash. Later ladies!

Well, you don't sound completely off the rails so far. Vacation is meant for enjoying, and you already know you will have buckle down after the 17th.

Very cool about going to a star studded party. That would be SO fun!

What kind of appetite suppressant are you taking? Do you think it works? more info please...

OMG! I'm in love with Jodi foster!! I know weird but I've loved her since the movie "the little girl who lives down the lane" (I'm old :P)

How was Elysium? My daughter and I loved district 9..

And yes M2G, when I'm lying awake I think about everything! :D

Did you ask them how much your new cast weighs? sorry it's so tight.....

This sounds like a wonderful vacay. Enjoy, the excess will fall off when you get back on track. :P

I will have to go watch the video on the 5:2 diet but dread the hour to watch it. LOL :)

MS- you can cut it in half by starting about 35 minutes in but it is well worth the entire hour to watch! ;)

Fast day ended just under 500 for me and was a pretty easy day. I try to eat earlier in the day than most of you because even though my diabetes is in remission, I still have some noticeable issues with my blood sugar if I go too long without eating. I just stop eating early the night before a fast to get as many fasting hours in there as possible.

Weighed this morning and am down more than two pounds from yesterday and have decided that scales are instruments of the devil. I'm kind of cheating...not really fasting today but not really feasting. I want to see another small drop on the scale tomorrow, too, in the hopes that part of the drop will stick. So today I'm putting off my meal until lunchtime and going Protein heavy. I'll aim for somewhere around 950-1050 calories. Not really 5:2 but seriously, my sanity NEEDS me to drop at least half a pound to stop seeing the same number range on the scale. Then, it'll be onto the next little two pound range but, still!

I'm not even announcing my weight because I'm hoping it will be "real" tomorrow and I swear I'm jinxing myself by getting excited every time I break back into maintenance.

I swear, I'll still do 5:2 in an attempt to get down lower, but just being back in my safe zone will be a huge relief.

All ya'll glamorous ladies enjoying time out of the house, going to parties and taking vacations make my humdrum days of baking and tending little ones sound so boring. :)

I'm going to take my 5 year old twins to see Despicable Me 2 this weekend, though! I can't even remember the last time I saw a grownup movie in the theater. We're interviewing sitters so hubs and I can work our regular date night back into the schedule. So maybe I'll have an opportunity to get out and about again soon.

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend. We need some sunshine around here or I'll lose my mind.

~Cheri

We finally got some sun back here, it's been rainy all week! Happy to see the sun again...

Now that I was so bad yesterday (see: GT's OMG 1660 cals thread cos I can't confess twice LOL), I'm trying to be good today. Even though it's an eating day, I've been practically angelic. I'm only at 681 cals for the day so far, and upcoming is just dinner and some wine, so I'll likely end up in my usual 1400-ish range.

Being good is hard and also a bit boring LOL. :P

Cheri, I love your new photo, that is TOO cute!! Nice cleavage too, hubba hubba!! Is that the cute wee Elisheva? That name is brilliant. :wub:

ETA: One of my BFFs, called Cherie, just died suddenly a couple of weeks ago, so I like to type your name and see your name in the threads, it's somehow soothing. <3