Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

if I read about another stall Imma pull my hair out!

It does take tweaking to get out of stalls. And you do start thinking that maybe your body is different from the rest. I'm glad I learned how to help my body to keep loosing. And share with others what I've learned. As with all things we need yo show patience and kindness to others.

I don't understand y people take EVERYTHING so personal. Stop reading btwn the lines. Like I said, it was on forums here that I learned what wud happen nd I'm glad, but regardless, people seem to still be having major issues about it,when if they'd just read what the others, vets, have said, it too shall pass, then they won't freak out nd feel like they have to give up. The moral of MY POINT, was just read what others who've had stalls say, which seems to b everyone nd then we will know how to handle it or fix it wo freakn nd getting depressed. Geesh, I wasnt being "impatience" or not " showing kindness", I was saying just calm down nd read what others have said. Again stop takn things so personal, like som1 Said, just keep scrolling. Gla.

I feel that this is a support forum and anyone going through the process, no matter what stage they're in should feel comfortable asking any questions they have. It doesn't really matter that it's been asked before. That person obviously doesn't know and needs guidance or encouragement or both. If i title doesn't interest me i just don't click into it.

Additionally, not everyone is comfortable with or familiar with computers and some don't know how to search a forum for similar questions to theirs. My husband would never be able to do it.

I don't see it as a race or a quick fix. I see it a being concern. I don't let the scale dictate my life nor my mood. I'm one of those who's post about "stall" and simply looking for advised from people who's gone through it. I'm coming from a failed band and it concerned me when I stop loosing all together. I'm only one month post op so any advised I can get from people who's gone through it already its highly appreciated. Now instead of you wanting to rip out your hair I'd rather you give advise. Furthermore I believe that is what this site is about, to help or get help from others who may or may not be in the same stage as you. Good luck in your weight loss journey.

Oh no! Clean eating magazine is no more? Wow. I did get a very good book called alkaline acid diet by Dr Vassey at sprouts. I have a friend who's husband lost 300 pounds by doing this way of life eating and became a doctor of natural medicine. I got curious out of fertility issues and kept reading about alkaline foods. Basically you want to neutralize the ph of your meals as much as food to reduce immflammation. It is very easy to do. If you have something an acidic food you add in alkaline foods and you are balanced. Google search and you will find a lot of informtation. Private message me if you want more specific info.

I don't know if I'm the only one who gets EXTREMELY annoyed when reading complaints about alleged "stalls". *sigh* sometimes I feel empathy for folks but most times I feel extreme aggravation. Listen folks...we aren't gonna lose weight every day or every week for that matter. If that was the case we would lose 365 lbs in a year! This surgery was not intended to be a "quick fix". I personally don't believe in "stalls". Have I experienced weeks of no loss??? SURE! What did I do to "break my stall"? NOTHING!!! Im 8 month's out and still follow my doctors orders and exercise...REGULARLY. That's it...that's all! When the numbers don't move I don't give into fear...I simply "stay the course". I really get dissappointed when I read about folks being taking on an emotional roller coaster by the scale. If you are eating what you're suppose to be eating and exercising like you're suppose too...YOU WILL LOSE!!!! This is not a race...its a lifelong journey. Our main goal should be to optimize our health and live better lives..not chasing a number on a scale or a size. We have to have the mindsets of those who've lost weight and maintain healthy lifestyles without surgery! I hope I don't sound harsh or judgemental...that's not my intention. I just want to encourage those who are feeling down about the "sta lls" or "slow loss" not to give up! I send my "cyber love" to all of you!

Thank you for putting it into prospective :)

A google search of clean eating yielded the following site that I found interesting. Here it is for anyone else who may want to check it out.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/what-is-clean-eating/

I do understand your point about been annoyed at people posting about about stalls but you have to understand too where the new beginners are coming from too. It's one thing if you experience a stall after losing 100lbs and another when you experience it after losing 10lbs. It's scary, you feel like you are doing something wrong and that everyone will have a success story but you. You start to think that may be the surgeon cut 25% of your stomach instead of 80 and so on. I am new and have experienced a stall and I'm in one now and I thought about all these things but my solution is to stop weighing myself and let the doctor do it at least for now. You were once a beginner and I don't think we all had the answers in the beginning. May be you did have the answers but not everyone does. I do a lot of research but I still like to hear other people's comments and experiences. I just think you were a little to harsh even though you didn't mean to be. Thanks

I think its a good idea to let this one rest.

I don't see it as a race or a quick fix. I see it a being concern. I don't let the scale dictate my life nor my mood. I'm one of those who's post about "stall" and simply looking for advised from people who's gone through it. I'm coming from a failed band and it concerned me when I stop loosing all together. I'm only one month post op so any advised I can get from people who's gone through it already its highly appreciated. Now instead of you wanting to rip out your hair I'd rather you give advise. Furthermore I believe that is what this site is about' date=' to help or get help from others who may or may not be in the same stage as you. Good luck in your weight loss journey.[/quote']

If you read past the first line of my post you will see that the entire message was to ENCOURAGE those who feel defeated by "stalls". We are not going to lose weight every day...nor should we expect too.

I'm sure you meant well but it felt alittle hostile. Aggressiveness masked as "help" is not helpful. For me, I was taken a back by it.

post-47899-13813667492103_thumb.jpg

Weird I have some dudes pics popping up on my posts.

I do understand your point about been annoyed at people posting about about stalls but you have to understand too where the new beginners are coming from too. It's one thing if you experience a stall after losing 100lbs and another when you experience it after losing 10lbs. It's scary' date=' you feel like you are doing something wrong and that everyone will have a success story but you. You start to think that may be the surgeon cut 25% of your stomach instead of 80 and so on. I am new and have experienced a stall and I'm in one now and I thought about all these things but my solution is to stop weighing myself and let the doctor do it at least for now. You were once a beginner and I don't think we all had the answers in the beginning. May be you did have the answers but not everyone does. I do a lot of research but I still like to hear other people's comments and experiences. I just think you were a little to harsh even though you didn't mean to be. Thanks[/quote']

I come from your prospective as a newbie. You describe exactly how I been feeling. And I keep reading to keep inspired. I too came from a failed band much less I have serious health issues, including MS. So I constantly wonder if I did the right thing again. Also, I had serious surgeon errors both times so I have a lot of reason to be doubtful. But reading gives me hope.

I come from your prospective as a newbie. You describe exactly how I been feeling. And I keep reading to keep inspired. I too came from a failed band much less I have serious health issues' date=' including MS. So I constantly wonder if I did the right thing again. Also, I had serious surgeon errors both times so I have a lot of reason to be doubtful. But reading gives me hope.[/quote']

I also have MS ;-)

personally.. I dont think Ive stopped losing.. slowed yes.. but my body is adjusting to all of this.. im 6mo post op..and down 100lbs.. needless to say my doc is so very proud of me.. heck Im proud of me too.. I try not to live my life by the scale and numbers.. I just want to be healthy and not have to have an extra belt on the plane LOL.. for which I have achieved.. my doc made me set a goal.. so I picked 160.. im 36lbs from that.. when I get there.. Im still gonna keep on the path im on.. eating right..and exercising.. I dont let that scale rule me.. just so happens that doing what the doc said.. has gotten me this far..and im going to keep on this path and not give up.. only thing I hate it the Hair loss lol.. but thats another can of worms lol..

I'm sure you meant well but it felt alittle hostile. Aggressiveness masked as "help" is not helpful. For me' date=' I was taken a back by it.[/quote']

Unfortunately I can't control how the "tone" of my post is interpreted by others. No "aggressiveness" was being masked. I'm a pretty straight forward person and I don't hide behind words. I honestly want everyone to get the best results possible from this tool and not feel defeated by the movement of the scale. Sorry for not sugar coating my w ords