Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buyers remorse anyone?

I am on this site several times a day trying to prepare for my upcoming surgery. I am seeing a lot of people talking about buyers remorse and it frankly scares me. There is no going back so if you had/have even a trace of buyers remorse how are you working through it? What was the cause of your buyers remorse? Does this fade away after a month or two post-op or do you still have it after several months?

The first few days after surgery, I think most people have a little buyers remorse. I can tell you each day, week, month it gets better and better. I love my sleeve. The only regret I have as of today, is that I didn't have this done 10 years ago! :)

Yup the first few days for me were hell I cried n cried but im 2 weeks n a couple days out n its much better MUCH BETTER Im on puree food im in the gym n im down 42lbs from my highest weight n 15lbs from surgery my body is changing n that awesome...everybody on here says the first couple day may be rough for some but everyday is better than the dau before GOOD LUCK!

Just sad I didn't do it SOONER!

I am only 7 days out but it does get better. I think the finality of it hits you when you first get home. I also experienced some emotional/ hormonal feelings that I do not know if others do. Anyway, it is not a magic bullet but is a way to accomplish your goal and it takes work. If you are like me , until this sleeve ! I let everything else get in the way of my dieting. I am excited to see what the future holds.

I am 8 months out...Spent 5 months in the hospital because of complications with the sleeve...I am still dealing with issues and a nurse comes every day to help me....

Would I do it all again...YES.....I would.....

I am a different person....there are so many things I can do now that I could not do before...I wish I had been done sooner as well...Complications and all it was the right move for me!!!!!

I don't think I would call it remorse. Twice I remember thinking...what did I do? That was when I was being wheeled into surgery and a few days post op. I was just scarred and hoping I didn't get any complications. I am almost six months out.....NO REGRETS. I love my sleeve....love how I feel and look!

I think everyone is going to have feelings of remorse at some point because it is such a life-altering change.

I do NOT regret having the surgery, and I wouldn't say that I have had any remorse, but this week I have been feeling a little frustrated because I am a month out, and I am still having to spend literally every waking minute drinking or eating to get in my fluids and Protein. I knew it would be a challenge in the beginning, but I expected that after a few weeks I would be able to eat and drink a bit more than I can now. When I am home or at work it is not a problem, but weekends are really hard for me because of the constant drinking or eating- it becomes inconvenient. I know that with time, I will be able to hold more in my pouch, and I keep focusing on that.

No way in hell would I go ask for my stomach and 85 pounds back!!!! I'd do this again in a heartbeat, not ONE SECOND of buyer's remorse. I've been excited since I woke up in recovery!!!! Loved every single step of this from SF Jell-O and chicken broth to maintenance. The pain was minimal, I've given birth twice, this was a breeze!!!!

I will be a month out on the 7th.

I had HUGE buyer's remorse the first couple of weeks. I hurt, hated Protein drinks, and hated Water. Then the pain went away. I got on soft foods. The Protein wasn't so bad anymore since I had variety now.

I am down 2 pant sizes. I don't have to stretch out my t-shirts anymore. I'm down 22 lbs. I have a jawline and a thinner neck. It's easier to shave my legs and paint my toes. My blood pressure is down so far that I got off of my meds.

I have a total of 4 friends who have had the sleeve. They just got it at about the same time as I did. AND we didn't tell each other, pure coincidence! The other 2, one is a size 6 and the other is still losing and she is getting to look awesome!

I'm glad I did it..... now. :rolleyes:

8 weeks out today. Not a MINUTE of regret. Wish I had done this sooner.

I have had some " holy cow what have I done" moments. I am 9 days PO and it does get better. I will say it is not easy, the mental part for me is tough. It will be interesting to see how my attitude changes as time goes on.

I am 7.5 weeks out. I had the ""what the hell did i do to myself" thoughts in the first few weeks but you keep remembering that you can't undo it so you might as well go with it. I am enjoying feeling a little light (about 46 lbs so far) and i no longer have those feelings of doubt. This surgery made me make a change in how much and what i eat and i feel grateful for that. Hang in there it gets better. Rnemember the bible says if your hand causes you to sin then cut it off. My belly was causing me to have problems so i cut it out, wee dr. Yoo did.

4 months out here, no complications, and 75+ plus lbs gone...regret is very normal in the first few days and even weeks. How could anyone not have moments of regret in such a situation? Most people get through it & love their new way of life. There is a teeny tiny minority like myself who regret it & do not love their new way of life....I have truly regretted it the moment they wheeled me out...but there's no going back. I am working toward peace & acceptance in this terrible decision that I made each & every day through just self-talk, walking, praying, logging on here and becoming more knowledgeable about this sleeve of mine, and just sucking it up...'cause what is done is done. I do not recommend wls unless extreme circumstances. Mine was keeping my mobility. I highly recommend Weight Watchers & walking. ...and to those who want to say all the crap to me about my feelings of regret- do me a favor? Just don't this time, ok?...please & thank you. Best of luck to you! Do what is best for you and your situation.

4 months out here' date=' no complications, and 75+ plus lbs gone...regret is very normal in the first few days and even weeks. How could anyone not have moments of regret in such a situation? Most people get through it & love their new way of life. There is a teeny tiny minority like myself who regret it & do not love their new way of life....I have truly regretted it the moment they wheeled me out...but there's no going back. I am working toward peace & acceptance in this terrible decision that I made each & every day through just self-talk, walking, praying, logging on here and becoming more knowledgeable about this sleeve of mine, and just sucking it up...'cause what is done is done. I do not recommend wls unless extreme circumstances. Mine was keeping my mobility. I highly recommend Weight Watchers & walking. ...and to those who want to say all the crap to me about my feelings of regret- do me a favor? Just don't this time, ok?...please & thank you. Best of luck to you! Do what is best for you and your situation.[/quote']

Hi luckysmomma!

I'm not going to give you crap ok? I have read your posts ever since I started and I am so curious as to why you still regret it. You are having great success - 75+ pounds in 4 months seems like a dream come true to me. And no complications - also wonderful. Why was this a terrible decision for you? Again, no disrespect intended anot giving you crap. I was just hoping to understand.