Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you respond... Your loosing weight? What are you doing are you ok?

What do you say do you tell them youve had the surgery your loosing weight?

I am honest and up front with anyone that asks. I have had reactions ranging from that's awesome to you took the easy way out. I don't care if people think I took the easy way out. I did this for me not for them. I made the choice, I made the choice I felt was best for me. I always look at it as "haters gunna hate"

"Thank you very much - I feel fine".

this is all so very true just wanted to see what your responses have been.

Thank you. I had WLS and couldn't be happier with my choice and results.

I'm still pre-op but am struggling with how I'll deal with all the questions

I told no one about my surgery. I tell people I am doing Weight Watchers (and I do go weekly for scale accountability & support) for the gazillionith time and going to the gym again (which I am)...my health is really nobody's business is how I look at it.

I too am pre-op and struggling with not telling people. I don't feel it is anyone's business but there are a few people close to me that I may share it with them later but not now. My DH and my best friend know and that's it for now. Good luck to you on whichever way you choose to handle it!

Everyone is different on how they feel about answering the questions, it's a personal choice, of course. Personally, I tell everyone what I've had done since I might be able to help someone else on their journey. Many people just say that they are losing weight with diet and exercise, which is a round about way of describing it without divulging the total truth. I'm an open book and always am up front and honest. I've never really cared what others said, to each his or her own. Good luck with your decision. I'm sure you'll do what is best for you.

Karen

I have also been very open about what I was going to do. Luckily pretty much everyone has been happy, albeit concerned about the actual surgery, for me.

I told only my husband & 3 very, very close girlfriends. If anyone else ask how I lose the weight, I tell them I made a decision to get healthier by eating healthier & exercising. Believe or not, now folks asking me for advice.

oh ok. thanks for the advice.

I'm just telling people that I'm doing high Protein low carb. I lost a bunch of weight in the past with Medifast, so it's not suspicious :)

I tell them I stopped eating so much and stopped drinking soda. That is the truth! I don't feel it's anyone's business what my medical history is.

I am very open. I tell almost everything! I can't help it and I dont care what others think. My aunt hsd the surf ery and lost a ton of weight. When I asked her what she was doing to lose weight she told me she had problems with her gall bladder and had been really sick. Pity party much? I'm not dumb and knew what she had done. She still hasn't admitted it and I never asked again. For me I'd rather be truthful..it may help someelse out. I am doing this bc a friend shared her experience with me. I am not ashamed. The only person that wobt know is my daughter. I told her but not exactly. She has anorexic tendencies and I don't want her to be affected mentally by this. She is only 8.