Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 1 sleevers- are we getting ready?

So, I know there are a LOT of July 1 sleevers out here. Just wondering how prep is going?

I have some Protein powders I like, some chewable Vitamins, and some B12 Vitamins. I am stocking up on sugar free Popsicles and gonna start getting broth and creamy Soups this week at my grocery list. Now just to prep the house for mom being laid up for a week.

I started my pre-op yesterday. I'm unsure why my doctor has a 15 day pre-op...but i'm sure he has some reason.

Day 1 - last night I thought I was going to cry. I had a headache all day (still do). I am nauseous from the headache and lack of food. Today is day 2.... urg.

Good luck to everyone!

Julie,

Bummer about the pre op diet. While I am not required to do a pre op diet, I did try a liquid diet. Left me with a HUGE headache. From posts on here, I see that it gets better after a couple days. Hope this is true for you!

Starting to prepare as well :). I don't have a strict pre-op diet but did have a headache from giving up caffeine over the weekend! I feel for those that are on a strict liquid diet! Good luck all my fellow July 1sters

I gave up caffeine about a month ago, and I found that upping my B12 from 500mcg to 1500mcg made a huuuuuuuuge difference. I had no headaches from withdrawal, and honestly I don't even miss the caffeine! That lil' Vitamin is my new miracle drug!

So far I have all my Vitamins stockpiled, and I bought some nice thick "cream of _______" Soups for when I get home. By the time I'm sent home from the hospital I'll be on full liquids, so I figured I'd better stock up now. I still have some shopping to do in that area, though.

I bought my magnesium citrate (the clear-you-out-completely liquid), which I have to drink the day before surgery. Not looking forward to that process, LOL...

What else, what else...my brain keeps shorting out! I need to make a good list (and then not lose it)!

Editing to add:

I have three shaker-bottles, and I've bought several boxes of almond milk (vanilla flavored, SoDelicious Plus Protein brand) to mix my shakes with. I've been drinking at least one shake a day, usually at Breakfast. My faves so far are Syntrax Nectar's Double-Stuffed Cookie and vanilla Bean Torte. If my tastes change post-op, I'm in trouble, because I have plenty of both of those flavors.

I grabbed two bottles of Torani sugar free flavor syrups, in caramel and coconut--and let me tell ya, adding a half capful of caramel Syrup to the vanilla Protein Shake is sooooooo good, it feels like a guilty pleasure!

I also bought some unflavored Protein powder (Syntrax brand). I'm considering the chicken broth flavor from unjury, but since I'll be off of clears by the time I'm released from the hospital, it almost seems like I'm better off skipping that for now.

I've got cream of wheat on hand, but probably need a bit more of the plain version--with two kids in the house, most of our hot cereals are pretty sugary; that's gotta change! I still need things like plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese; that'll get stockpiled sometime next week. Oh--and eggs!

Man, I reaaaaally need to make that list. read.gif

And that doesn't even begin to touch the "what should I take to the hospital" brainscramble! ill.gif

Another thing I need to plan for! My household blender from 1988 is ready for replacement before I start making post-op smoothies...I was going to invest in a Ninja blender--but even if I could justify the $200+ hit to my budget, the website says it takes 5-6 WEEKS to arrive. I should have planned better!

I could pick up the smaller Ninja set from Bed, Bath & Beyond or Tarjay, I suppose, or get a Nutribullet for smaller portions. What are you ladies doing about blending smoothies post-op?

I have a nutribullet. I don't have a problem with the size. Though I'm not eating Protein Shakes around the clock yet either

I have a little personal sized blender at home that I got from Walmart. It was about 15$ and works well with liquids and powder. Adding fruits to it leaves "chunks of strawberries" in my shake. But I won't be adding the fruits for a while anyhow.

I need to get some cream of ____ Soups too. I will be on full liquids when I get home (day of surgery Water and ice, day 1 post Clear Liquids, day 2 post full liquids) I have several puddings and jellos (SF of course).

I need to ask my surgeon about mag citrate or something. I have heard nothing about colon cleaning out, and she doesn't require a pre op diet either, so I could be all full of poo the day of surgery... no fun!

Where did you find the Torani Syrup stuff? I LOVE how I totally knew what Tarjay meant!

There is a good list of what to take to the hospital, it is a post in the "Preop" forum. Maybe one of the ones who know how to do forum stuff better can attach it here?

I start my liquids tomorrow, I will be praying the entire day to make it through; actually I will be praying here on out 4 weeks is a long time to live on liquids alone.

I have a little personal sized blender at home that I got from Walmart. It was about 15$ and works well with liquids and powder. Adding fruits to it leaves "chunks of strawberries" in my shake. But I won't be adding the fruits for a while anyhow.

I need to get some cream of ____ Soups too. I will be on full liquids when I get home (day of surgery Water and ice, day 1 post Clear Liquids, day 2 post full liquids) I have several puddings and jellos (SF of course).

I need to ask my surgeon about mag citrate or something. I have heard nothing about colon cleaning out, and she doesn't require a pre op diet either, so I could be all full of poo the day of surgery... no fun!

Where did you find the Torani Syrup stuff? I LOVE how I totally knew what Tarjay meant!

There is a good list of what to take to the hospital, it is a post in the "Preop" forum. Maybe one of the ones who know how to do forum stuff better can attach it here?

There's a kind of "mom & pop" health store a couple of towns over from me--like GNC but with an emphasis on bariatric needs. They carry the Celebrate brand of Vitamins, every Protein powder you could imagine, and lots of post-op protein-rich prepared foods. I noticed the Torani sugar free syrups on my last shopping trip there. I'm pretty sure you can get them on Amazon as well if you don't mind paying the shipping--or maybe try the Torani website (http://www.torani.com/) to see which stores near you might carry the sugar free versions. My local grocery store has the full-sugar versions, but not the sugar free ones.

I'll have to search up the pre-op hospital list on here, good idea! I have a basic list in my bariatric binder from my surgeon, but mostly they just say "leave valuables at home". There's no way I'm spending 2 days in a hospital without my laptop, or at least my phone! *twitch twitch*

The magnesium citrate requirement was tucked away in a section of my surgery binder under "pre-op preparation"--I almost missed it. My grocery store carried it in the antacid/stomach medicine section, I think it was a little over a dollar. I'm reaaaaally not eager to chug that bottle of goo and then park myself in the bathroom for several hours! Bleah. At least school will be out by that time, so I won't have to worry about asking someone to watch my classroom! That would NOT be good. crazy.gif

Definitely going blender shopping ASAP!

I started my strict pre op diet today ( for the second time... long story) I am on Clear Liquids and 6 Protein Shakes a day for 2 weeks.... I can tell that the Protein shakes are going to get old fast, I have been collecting different kinds and flavors to try out... nectar is my favorite but I have to get it online and I like muscle milk when I am on the go. The chicken broth I got is GROSS I think because it is low sodium.... I also started a Gummy Multi-Vitamin and biotin... This week shopping list I will grab some B-12 some unflavored Unjury protein and I think I am going to try the unjury chicken broth. Good luck everyone, we are almost there :)

I just added a surgery date ticker. TWO WEEKS. Fourteen short, short days!It's gettin' real, up in here!

Holy wowzers. Anybody besides me feeling the nervous butterflies starting to grow into bats? icon_eek.gif

Oh, and crossposting this info from another thread: If you are looking for good prices on the DaVinci or Torani sugar free syrups, this website has 'em cheapcheap!

http://www.lollicupstore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sugar+free+syrup&x=0&y=0