Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 1 sleevers- are we getting ready?

There's twelve days left...

Maybe we should do a parody of the Twelve Days of Christmas to mark each day.

♬♫ ♪"On the 1st day of waiting until I got my sleeve' date=' I had one food funeral, so I could grieve." ♪♫♬[/quote']

Lol...i am 12 ,days out now.

The first two days I'm not going to lie, were the most difficult in my life. Pain, anxiety. Nausea...

Thank goodness you're feeling better! I was also feeling pretty low the first day. First, I really underestimated the havoc gas can wreak on a body! I read about it, of course, but I had never experienced it so I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I woke up from surgery in a panic because I was fighting for breath. I don't believe I was in any danger of suffocating, but man...breathing hurt!

I also struggled with anxiety. Because I'm such a lazy bones in real life, happy to curl up anywhere with a book, I expected all the bed rest would be a breeze for me. But that's so not how it turned out. I was really antsy; I hated sitting, standing and laying in any position. The only time I felt half-way comfortable was when I was walking. And it wasn't pain...it was all nerves and emotions. It was really weird.

I walked a fair bit in the hospital, and now at the hotel, I'm walking lots more. I'm hoping whatever drug didn't agree with me will be metabolized by the exercise, and I'll be able to nap in peace again. :)

HELP ME! My NUTs office has been closed for 3 days and won't reopen until Monday!! Can y'all do your best in answering these questions for me?

#1 I know my lifetime water/protein goal (64/90)' date=' but what should I be aiming for during the first two weeks post-op? I feel like 64/90 is setting me up for failure. I need a more manageable goal!

#2 When do I begin taking my bariatric Vitamins, Calcium, and B12? I feel like I'm taking soooo much right now and I want my body to absorb it all!

#3 My NUT packet had conflicting information in it. Do I wait 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 2 hours in between meds/supplements to ensure absorption?

#3 When can I begin swallowing small pills? I absolutely DETEST crushing and swallowing my meds now. Worst part of post-op!!

#4 I know the focus is Water and Protein intake, but how many calories do I need each day to prevent starvation mode and progress with weight loss?

#5 What are the symptoms of dehydration? I know I'm not getting enough right now, what do I need to be looking for?[/quote']

Drink what your body will allow, I haven't attempted any protein yet until I feel comfortable with my water intake. My dr told me I didn't have to start the supplements until I come in for my one week visit. The calorie intake is the same as the pre-op intake between 400-600 i thought; not really sure, just relax your not going to die of starvation. You want be swallowing pills for a long time. There are some skin test you can do to see if your dehydrated, google those.

Thank goodness you're feeling better! I was also feeling pretty low the first day. First' date=' I really underestimated the havoc gas can wreak on a body! I read about it, of course, but I had never experienced it so I didn't take it as seriously as I should have. I woke up from surgery in a panic because I was fighting for breath. I don't believe I was in any danger of suffocating, but man...breathing hurt!

I also struggled with anxiety. Because I'm such a lazy bones in real life, happy to curl up anywhere with a book, I expected all the bed rest would be a breeze for me. But that's so not how it turned out. I was really antsy; I hated sitting, standing and laying in any position. The only time I felt half-way comfortable was when I was walking. And it wasn't pain...it was all nerves and emotions. It was really weird.

I walked a fair bit in the hospital, and now at the hotel, I'm walking lots more. I'm hoping whatever drug didn't agree with me will be metabolized by the exercise, and I'll be able to nap in peace again. :)[/quote']

Currently I have some of the same issues. I feel so antsy the majority of the time that I can't sit too lomg or my butt will start hurting like crazy. I wonder if its,going to be like that or worde post op.

Can this be right? I had my sleeve surgery Monday July 1st, they didn't weigh me then. The Thursday before that I weighed 214.5 at my preop visit. Today, 10 days after my preop weight, I'm weighing in at 195.

That's a 19.5 lbs loss in 10 days. Is it real?

i was also sleeved July 1, weighed 297 before surgery, am 289 now...only 8 lbs thus far. i am still feeling like my chest/stomach is being squeezed when I drink anything (especially protein), am not close to meeting my required liquid intake. but i am no longer talking pain meds and incision pain nearly gone completely.

Anyone still have a drainage that had surgery on July 1st? That is the worst part for me. I still can't get all fluids in. I am know where near 64 oz.

I started my pre-op yesterday. I'm unsure why my doctor has a 15 day pre-op...but i'm sure he has some reason.

Day 1 - last night I thought I was going to cry. I had a headache all day (still do). I am nauseous from the headache and lack of food. Today is day 2.... urg.

Good luck to everyone!

So, I still waiting to see if insurance company going to ok my surgery. But, wondering how hard the liquids for two weeks before was.