Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 1 sleevers- are we getting ready?

This is my first post! I spend more hours on VST than on FB these days! I'm also scheduled for July 1 in Dallas' date=' TX! I'm on a 2 week, full liquid diet, then 2 days if Clear liquids before surgery. Today is Day 5 for me and I could commit a crime!!!!! My head hurts like it never has before! The mornings are fine, but the afternoons and evening suck! Yesterday was sooo much better and I thought I was passed the worst... guess not!! Good luck to everyone![/quote']

Welcome to the July 1 club!!! Luckily I don't have to do a full liquid pre-op...I feel for you that do!

I am on VSG way more often than FB! :)

So I had pre op class yesterday, and they told me NOT to stock up on a lot of clear fluids. By the time I am home, I will be on full liquids (creamy Soups, pudding, etc). One thing they said that I knew, but didn't think about was if we drive more than one hour, we need to stop and walk around prevent blood clots. Well, my drive from the hospital is 2 hours away, so I will have to stop. I guess I will just walk down the side of teh highway? :) (Just kidding, I know better)

I'm getting a little nervous, but socially scheduled myself so full, so I would not have a lot of time to worry about it. I do need to get some quality time at home to clean and organize a bit at home. I just told my boss that I would need 4 weeks off instead of previously requested 3 weeks. My job is quite stressful, and I just can't imagine working and concentrating on getting all my Protein and Fluid requirements in AND worrying about work.

I am from southern Ohio, and I am going to Columbus to have my surgery. Very excited as the time dwindles down.

My surgery is July 1st as well. I am nervous but excited. Never had surgery before so nervous about actually going to sleep and being cut on. Excited about the new healthier life that I hope to have in the future.

I am on day five of the pre-op diet and must admit that I had to talk to the nutritionist today and she made some modifications because of the issues that I was having. Yesterday I started having diarrhea and was feeling really weak so she told me to add some lean Protein like chicken tuna fish into the diet for just the weekend and then give her a call back on Monday morning to see how I was feeling. also I have a little bit of a problem with Dairy so she told me to cut back on the dairy-based Protein shakes and just do the nectar for my Protein and drink plenty of fluids and start on a probiotic.

I am hoping that all of this helps. The reality of having surgery in a little over a week still has not set in yet.

I had my second-to-last appointment on Friday, for the "nurse education family seminar". It was uneventful, but then as we were getting ready to wrap things up, the nurse informed us she needed to do a weigh-in. Normally, I cringe at the mention of a scale, but this time I opted to go first (and get it over with).

For the first time in YEARS, I actually liked what the dang thing had to say.

I lost 6 pounds since my last weigh in a couple of weeks ago! I'm now down -16 pounds from my initial consult; and MAY THEY NEVER RETURN! jupi.gifjupi.gifjupi.gif

That is AWESOME'. Congrats!

Another thing I need to plan for! My household blender from 1988 is ready for replacement before I start making post-op smoothies...I was going to invest in a Ninja blender--but even if I could justify the $200+ hit to my budget, the website says it takes 5-6 WEEKS to arrive. I should have planned better!

I could pick up the smaller Ninja set from Bed, Bath & Beyond or Tarjay, I suppose, or get a Nutribullet for smaller portions. What are you ladies doing about blending smoothies post-op?

I saw the Ninja blender at Walmart last week. I don't remember the price. I bought the Nutribullet

For those looking for sf Torani or DaVinci syrups, check at your local restaurant supply stores. In my area, Cash & Carry its the place. Smart & Final is another common one.

These are generally open to the public and the prices are usually really good. Our Cash & Carry stores literally have an entire side of an aisle full of the current syrups, including lots of the sf options.

I saw the Ninja blender at Walmart last week. I don't remember the price. I bought the Nutribullet

I got a 20%-off coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond, so I splurged on the Ninja. :ph34r: It's an amazing gadget, and more than worth the price. I've made smoothies, shaved ice with Torani Syrup (like a Sno-Cone) and if you put peanuts (or almonds and cashews, like I did), you can make your own natural nut-butter in under 5 minutes. I'm a Ninja lover for sure. :wub:

Wow, that sounds great! I haven't even opened the recipe book or user manual yet. I just washed the parts and forgot it was for anything other than puréed foods.

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum, but I'm also scheduled for July 1. I've been on my liquid diet since Monday and am doing ok. I've been using Isopure Protein Shake mixes, and mixing them with unsweetened almond milk. I find it covers up the aftertaste. I spoke with my nutritionist and was able to add some ground flax seed to the shakes to bring up the calories and Protein. They said to have 3-5 a day, plus broth, sf Jello and sf ice pops. I found that by the end of the 3rd shake, I didn't feel like I could down another one. As for the Torani syrups, I found them in the coffee aisle at my Walmart and my grocery store. I have a couple of those to add flavor. The regular low sodium broth had zero flavor and tasted like dirty chicken Water, so I made my own chicken Soup, with out much sodium, and strained that and it's much better. I hadn't even thought of stocking up on the stuff for the full liquids phase. I guess I should because July 1 is getting pretty close!

This is my first post! I spend more hours on VST than on FB these days! I'm also scheduled for July 1 in Dallas' date=' TX! I'm on a 2 week, full liquid diet, then 2 days if Clear liquids before surgery. Today is Day 5 for me and I could commit a crime!!!!! My head hurts like it never has before! The mornings are fine, but the afternoons and evening suck! Yesterday was sooo much better and I thought I was passed the worst... guess not!! Good luck to everyone![/quote']

This is day 6 for me of the pre-op diet; day one was the worst as of right now. I didn't have a head ache just didn't know what to do with my time, so after work I would go to sleep. I'm teaching summer school so my work day is only 3.5 hours, I come home and sleep for about 3 hours and then its closer to time for dinner and those shakes give me energy. They are not the best tasting, but they have been keeping me from being hungry. I am actually shocked by how well this is going for me. I am committed to this new lifestyle and I will not fail; and you won't either.

How's all my July 1st sleeve buddies doing? We're almost there! This is what I've being doing a lot of:

tumblr_inline_mmedkglyvO1qz4rgp.gif

How's all my July 1st sleeve buddies doing? We're almost there! This is what I've being doing a lot of:

That made me laugh...because it perfect describes how I'm feeling!

I started having serious second thoughts today, but I've had a really long chat with my husband and i'm back on track :)

I started having serious second thoughts today' date=' but I've had a really long chat with my husband and i'm back on track :)[/quote']

You're not alone! I'm not necessarily having 2nd thoughts but I have asked myself (and my fiancé) "what am I doing?!?" A couple times over the last few days. But overall I'm excited, still a little anxious but excited!