Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Um is anyone else having Constipation problems? I finally had to go today for the first time in like a week and I cannot get anything out. Straining too much is killing me and hurting my incisions. I just took some Senna (which is foul foul foul when crushed up btw) so hopefully that will help. Anyone else having to deal with this?

Add me to the list!!!:clap2: :clap2: I am now officially a February Bandster! Had my band placed on February 6th in Mexico by Dr. Haucuz and I am feeling great!!! Keep up the great work and the great posts everyone!

Megret

Hi all.... I will be a Feb bandster with you soon! Looking forward to it..... 2weeks exactly from today...feb 24th......the countdown is on!!!

TracyinKS-Glad you got a date, maybe someone will cancel and you'll get to move up. If not it'll be here for you know it.

Hope everyone is doing great! I'm doing pretty good! My appetite is coming back with full force. I still have swelling/bloatness in my belly. Found out this is normal. I'm tired of liquids want FOOD! I have been surprised at the weight coming off though. I have lost 21lbs in three weeks. Wow, I made a record as far a my life weight loss. One time I lost 28 lbs in about 6 mths. I was able to sleep on my port side last night without any pain. I'm starting to try to walk 20-30 minutes everyday.

Take care everyone and PM me if you have any questions. I haven't got alot of experience but I'm gaining it.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Um is anyone else having Constipation problems? I finally had to go today for the first time in like a week and I cannot get anything out. Straining too much is killing me and hurting my incisions. I just took some Senna (which is foul foul foul when crushed up btw) so hopefully that will help. Anyone else having to deal with this?

Hi, I was banded on 2/7 and finally today I went, I had the feel that I needed to go but only gas came out, this morning finally something came out, no problems, no pain, basically same as before, other than quantity.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Hey I was banded on the 5th. Lots of feelings that I need to go........ No progress yet. I cant imagine much will come when its time though. (just still on fluids) But can I tell you .......... the incision pain will make me want to 'HOLD ON TO MY POOPY' a while longer. All the best:biggrin1:

Hey Babygrl, I use Benefiber mixed into my liquids. It has worked quite well. I really salute those of you who have been banded who are mums having to deal with kids through all the pain etc. I couldn't look after someone else during all this etc. Hopefully your extended family can help a little. Susannah

Hi all.... I will be a Feb bandster with you soon! Looking forward to it..... 2weeks exactly from today...feb 24th......the countdown is on!!!

Good for you! I am getting really close now, I have my final pre-op appt. on Tues. the 13th and then surgery on the 21st.

Jean

Guest Krysia

And the first one who loses the bloated feeling must pass it on.....ok.

Is that a pun? Bwaha! :mad:

I actually prefere heavy cream but its half and half for right now.

Actually, the higher the fat content, the lower the carbs.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the Protein Shakes --- whenever I try anything with fake sugar, it sends me into a burping marathon until I feel nauseous. I wonder if there's any shakes out there with real sugar? I did try the unflavored Unjury in chicken broth, and the texture and taste about made me hurl. I'll have to get some more packets of the unflavored, and maybe try it in something easier to disguise, like Cream of Chicken Soup (which, oddly enough, makes me burp less or stops the burps when I drink some). Otherwise, I foresee a real difficulty with getting in enough Protein. I was never this sensitive to fake sugars and whatever before. Must be something about the new stomach?

I also have to search through the Foods & recipes section to see if anyone's done a Meals Through the Stages type of post: Listing meal examples for a day including portion sizes, to give us newbanders an idea of what we're supposed to be doing. I've only just started to get my appetite back (5 days since being banded), but not really. But I can have like a cup of soup and then be full for hours after. Really --really-- liking that! I find it utterly amazing that I actually have to remind myself for the first time ever in my life to eat/drink something.

That reminds me: Any tips on how to remember to drink, say Water, slow? I'm finally remembering to sip, but I still think I'm sipping faster than I should be; got nauseous earlier after sipping some water (probably too fast) --- brought back memories of pregnancy ultrasounds. LOL!

i started my preop diet today!

well, sort of.

last night hubby took me out for my last big hurrah and, well, i'm hung over. LOL. the idea of food OR a shake... :)

:mad:

that's the bad news. good news is I'M SO CLOSE TO MY DATE!!!

Guest Krysia

My surgery date now seems really close (next Tuesday). I haven't had to do a liquid pre-op diet but my consultant insists on a liquid diet for 4 weeks post-op to minimise the chances of slippage and to let the band settle down. I've got the next two weeks off work but will have to do two weeks of work on the liquid diet. I'm software engineer which requires a lot of brain power and I'm getting really worried about coping. Has anyone experienced concentration problems on the liquid diet?

With me, pre-op, if anything, my attentioned was heightened; probably because I was borderline bitchy all the time. LOL! But since being banded, as I mentioned in an above post, I have to remind myself to "eat". And then I have to remind myself to take small sips (I'm terrible at that still).

However, I do find myself tiring in the evenings pretty quickly, but that's gotten better in the last 2 days. Of course, it could be my pain and/or anti-nausea medicine triggering that.

Also, if you're at the computer for long periods of time, you'll want to make sure and keep your computer at a level comfortable for you (i.e. so that you don't have to hunch over). That becomes very uncomfortable, very quickly to do the hunch thing for any length of time...

Guest Krysia

I've been fortunate in that arena (knock wood). However, when I do have to "go", it's mostly gas and memories of being on a liquid diet. However, keep in mind that your pain medicine will contribute to constipation whenever able, so in a way, it's good to be on liquids. :mad:

Another thought on constipation problems: try glycerin suppositories (either liquid or not). The liquid ones made by Fleets for children do an amazing job on my son; instantaneous. Perhaps check with your pharmacist.

Silry, you'll do GREAT! Just keep telling yourself WHY you're torturing yourself, and you'll make it through the pre-op diet!

Krysia, I'm with you, I'm getting tired VERY early in the evenings. Of course, that may be because we're not really getting GOOD sleep, just ok sleep, and we're not well rested. At least I'm not.

Guest Krysia

i started my preop diet today!

well, sort of.

last night hubby took me out for my last big hurrah and, well, i'm hung over. LOL. the idea of food OR a shake...

:mad:

that's the bad news. good news is I'M SO CLOSE TO MY DATE!!!

YAY! Congratulations!

Whoo hooo!

*throws confetti and starts dispensing flat Kristal into 30mL medicine cups*

LOL!