Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING IS GRAPHIC AND ABOUT YEAST INFECTIONS SO MALE READERS/ EASILY OFFENDED/GROSSED OUT JUST MOVE ON PAST THIS POST PLEASE.

The antibiotic they gave me to take every 8 hours has absolutely REAKED HAVOC on my body. I don't normally get yeast infections. I'm 37 and have had about 8 in my life and have NEVER had thrush. I SHOULD have known, that if my mouth was overloaded as bad as it was with the thrush that I needed to go ahead and treat my other end for a yeast infection. I'm telling you what, I have NEVER had one EVER that was this bad. I had to leave early from work today and by the time I got home I was boohooing like a big baby. I'm like raw shredded meat down there and am even a little bloody. I took a prescription oral pill for this on Tuesday and it doesn't seem to be helping. My DH, thank god, came home this afternoon (he travels) and got me some maximum strenth itch/burn stuff then went back later after I boo hoo'd and cussed when I had to tinkle, to buy the 3 day treatment stuff. I have been using ice packs on it as well and that seems to help. It seems the worst around my ureathra and clit. It was murder when he was putting on the topical stuff. I'm calling the doc tomorrow, though, I don't think there is anything else we can do since I'm already using the prescrip stuff. I am going to make note of the name of this antibiotic that I was given so I don't ever take it again.

Am I the ONLY one this has happened too? I haven't read about anyone else going through this on my feb & march post. For those of you not yet banded... please speak with your doc about the possibility of getting a yeast infection and see if there are any preventative measures you can take or maybe you can at least get some supplies to prepare for the possibility. After you are banded, if you find that your mouth/tongue starts getting sore and discolored.. PLEASE call your doc and don't wait like I did. I'm really paying for it now.

Tracy

OUCHHHHHH OH, Synical, I'm so sorry and I hope that tomorrow you feel much better. What was the name of the antibiotic, by the way? Please share that with us. Good thoughts your way...Friday will be better.

Michele

Thank You Louise!!!

Kathy, we were also the same exact weight at surgery!!!

Kelsy, Congrats!! My appointment is tomorrow too. I can’t wait to get on that scale. Who ever thought that I would say that!!!

<O:p> </O:p>

I also have no regrets about having the surgery. My family and co-workers have been very supportive. This was my first surgery so I didn’t exactly know what to expect. All the information I had going in to the surgery came from my doctor and you guys. I know we all are very blessed to have been able to have the surgery done. I know a few people that have been declined because of a few different reasons. Even though we vent, it doesn’t mean we are not happy. I know I felt better today. Not just physically, but mentally. Once I got those guilty thoughts out of my head, it cleared. I hope my other party people are doing better. Don’t worry I am still singing:music:!!

Yep....same date. Looks like we have pretty much the same goal weight too.

Kathy

i'm not sure if i should be worried or not... i have a weird rash over most of my body - arms, upper legs, chest (including the girls!!!!), neck and stomach. its of little tiny red dots and some of them itch. i know it can't be anything i'm eating because i'm NOT EATING ANYTHING. (LOL) i use the same EVERYTHING - detergent, lotion, body wash. if it gets worse i'm going to the doctor tomorrow... :cry

anyone have any ideas? :help:

Hi Everyone ! I Was Banded 2/21 And Have Lost 22lbs. Most Of My Gas Is Gone And I'm sleeping Ok. One Of My Incisions Seems Infected Tho'. Not Gross , But There Is A Fever In It And A Red Circle Around It. Guess I Should Call The Lap Band Nurse. Do Any Of You Feel Your Band When It's A Little Tight. I Swear I Can Feel It All The Way Up Into My Throat Sometimes. I Teach Music And Do A Lot Of Singing And Don't Know If My Diaphragm Is Just Pushing On The Band When I Breath Or What. So I Gueass I Might Belong To Your Pity Party Too ! I'll Bring The Music . ! Gotta Go !

My incision (port) is also starting to look infected. It is the only one with a red ring around it and feels a little warm. I called my nurse and she said to try some Neosporin on it and see if that helps. If it doesnt clear up in a few days, my Dr. will call in an antibiotic. You might want to call your nurse too.

Kathy

Tracy,

I am so sorry about your misfortune. :phanvan I have had one yeast infection and it was not fun. I also had what was probably a mild case of thrush after gargling with H peroxide (plugged salivary gland). I had heard yogurt with live cultures helps to restore the good bacteria in your system so I tried that and it worked. I ate the yogurt and didn't brush my teeth or have anything to drink for several hours. As far as the other "site" a friend of my said to use yogurt there too but I have never needed to test it :) LOL. Take care and hugs to you:girl_hug: .

Good Journey,

Terri

HI KATHYY68 , I TALKED TO MY REGULAR DR. LAST NIGHT & HE HAS PRESCRIBED AN ANTIBIOTIC , BUT HE STILL WANTS ME TO TALK TO MY SURGEON OR HIS NURSE, BUT I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF EITHER TODAY. MY PORT SITE IS FINE , IT'S JUST ONE OF THE TINY LITTLE 1 INCH INCISIONS CAUSING THE PROBLEM.

SYNICAL CHICK - I HAVEN'T HAD YEAST INFECTIONS , BUT ONE OF MY BABIES HAD THRUSH IN HER MOUTH AND IT WAS PRETTY NASTY. I DID NOTICE FOR THE 1ST WEEK AND 1/2 AFTER SURGERY I DIDN'T DRINK NEARLY ENOUGH Water AND MY PEE WAS REALLY CONCENTRATED AND MADE MY SKIN DOWN THERE REALLY TENDER AND BURNED WHEN I PEED. THERE WAS ASLO A LITTLE BLOOD. IT'S BETTER NOW THAT I FEEL BETTER AND AM DRINKING MORE. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER REALLY SOON. HEY , AT LEAST YOUR DH IS WILLING TO HELP YOU GET YOUR MEDICINE WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE ! LOL:nervous HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END EVERYONE ! REMEMBER EACH DAY ONLY GETS BETTER AND BETTER WITH THE BAND ! ANDREA

I had surgery 2-26 in mexico thanks misty

uote=TracyinKS;360351]I'm editing this original message to show the complete list as of 02/24, any newbies who want to be added either pm me or post a new message to the end of the thread.

Here's the updated list!:D

Fabulous,funkadelic, freaky, funloving February bandsters!!:biggrin1: per Susannah

:) b_Russell 02/01

:thumbs_up:CadillacDave - 02/01

:thumbs_up:TresChic -02/01

:thumbs_up:tilde30 02/02

:thumbs_up:Dori – 02/02

:thumbs_up:Schindog18(Greg) - 02/02

:thumbs_up:Susannah - 02/02

:thumbs_up:Cindibear1 – 02/02<o>:P</o>:P

:thumbs_up:Wanna be thin – 02/02 (tip: don't wear a nice shirt)

:thumbs_up:BoomerSoonerz & Wife - 02/02

:thumbs_up:TravelGirl - 02/05

:thumbs_up:Staceyrtl - 02/05<o>:P</o>:P

:thumbs_up:Ready_to_Lose - 02/05

:thumbs_up:Twinskd - 02/05

:woot:KatyClaire (Eva) - 02/06 :biggrin1:

:woot:Mom2miracleprin - 02/06

:thumbs_up:Babygrl1234 - 02/06

:thumbs_up:Mel07 - 02/06

:girl_hug:Megret - 02/06

:thumbs_up:garreau_gal (Dawn) - 02/07

:thumbs_up:DmMedina - 02/07

:thumbs_up:MarshallMG - 02/07

:thumbs_up:Marissa424 - 02/07 (our thread youngun at 21!)

:thumbs_up:LapBandNC - 02/07

:thumbs_up:Lapband4menow - 02/08

:thumbs_up:Riley - 02/08

:thumbs_up:NurseCEO - 02/09

:girl_hug:DonnaA - 02/09

:thumbs_up: RavenHeart - 02/10

:thumbs_up:Terriho - 02/12

:thumbs_up:PurplePetal - 02/12

:thumbs_up:BioMama - 02/12

:thumbs_up:Debi717 - 02/12

:thumbs_up:Kedasmom – 02/12

:thumbs_up:Kelsy: 02/12

:thumbs_up:HeatherPA - 2/9 or 2/12

:thumbs_up:LessofMe - 02/12

:thumbs_up:Humponelove - 02/13

:thumbs_up:RisaAnn - 02/13

:thumbs_up:Oldgeisser(Terry) -02/13

:thumbs_up:LouiseR - 02/13

:thumbs_up:MinnesotaLady - 02/13

:thumbs_up:MyLifeMyChoice - 02/13

:thumbs_up:Cchristys - 02/13

:thumbs_up:Sandy1280 - 02/13

:thumbs_up:LizRbit - 02/13

:thumbs_up:becca77 - 02/14 :kiss2:

:thumbs_up:DiscoDiva and Daughter - 02/14 :kiss2:

:thumbs_up:NatalieC - 02/14:kiss2:

:thumbs_up:Mommyofthreebs - 02/14:kiss2:

:thumbs_up:Creman - 02/14:kiss2:

:thumbs_up:vermonster05488- 02/14:kiss2:

:thumbs_up:HelenC - 02/14 :kiss2:

:thumbs_up:Kimwolf3 - 02/15

:thumbs_up:M1Hocker - 02/15

:thumbs_up:LB304 - 02/15

:thumbs_up:CP-Mike - 02/15

:thumbs_up:Mom2Sassy - 02/15

:thumbs_up:Ambrosia(Sharon) - 02/15

:thumbs_up:Chelley - 02/16

:thumbs_up:dtrmt07 -02/19

:thumbs_up:Angela - 02/19

:thumbs_up:Ouachita - 02/19

:thumbs_up:DooneyJC - 02/20

:thumbs_up:KHolmes - 02/20

:thumbs_up:FLPeach - 02/20

:thumbs_up:Pam~02'07Bander - 02/20

:thumbs_up:Lexus02 - 02/20

:thumbs_up:Skyeblue79 - 02/20

:thumbs_up:StaceyLynn - 02/20

:thumbs_up:KindredSpirit - 02/21

:thumbs_up:Jean (Freeksky) - 2/21

:thumbs_up:Silry - 02/21

:thumbs_up:Alt - 02/22

:thumbs_up:Mary - 02/23

:thumbs_up:Wilma – 02/23

:thumbs_up:Gretchen - 02/23

:cake:Dakota1984 - 02/26

:cake:IN_Denial - 02/26

SynicalChick - 02/27

Magii - 02/27

Chris - 02/27

JennilynnW - 02/27

Jbtullis - 02/27

Michelle - 02/27

Kathyy68 - 02/28

SunnySea - 02/28

IrishMae - 02/28

Kathy68 - 02/28

CarriedBA - 02/28

Tea Time - Pending

BlondeLocks (pending in March)

TracyinKS - ( APROVED 01/30! :D ) Bumped to April 26, 2007

<o>:P</o>:P

OH MY GOSH TERRI! I to gargled with Peroxide a couple of time pre surgury! Maybe it was that in combo with the antibiotics that made it so bad. WERID. See.. it's stuff like this why I post things even though I think I shouldn't. We LEARN stuff.

THANKS

Tracy,

I am so sorry about your misfortune. :phanvan I have had one yeast infection and it was not fun. I also had what was probably a mild case of thrush after gargling with H peroxide (plugged salivary gland). I had heard yogurt with live cultures helps to restore the good bacteria in your system so I tried that and it worked. I ate the yogurt and didn't brush my teeth or have anything to drink for several hours. As far as the other "site" a friend of my said to use yogurt there too but I have never needed to test it :) LOL. Take care and hugs to you:girl_hug: .

Good Journey,

Terri

Hi

Please can you add me to the February thread.

I was banded in Birmingham in the Uk on February 7th 2007

Many thanks

UKAngel :angel:

Oh Tracy, Geeze, when will it end? I had never heard of a yeast infection lasting that long.

I have never had the thrush in the mouth, just a few of the down below varieties. They usually followed antibiotic use for me, last one in November after my gall bladder surgery.

What a mess, I can not understand why they don't go away, I am so sorry about that.

I can't believe that our thread has reached page 2 so I thought it was about time it was bumped back to the top!

I'm actually feeling pretty good at the moment despite not losing any additional weight for nearly 2 weeks. I keep telling myself that 13.5lbs in 4 weeks is still good. Hopefully I will get my first fill this week and then I can really crack on with losing the flab!!lol!!

you can try Oregano oil. I use the pure 100% but that burns. I would try some capsules. You can get them on iherb.com. Oregano oil kills yeast. AS it kills the yeast you may feel a little ill. I tried it and I felt puny the first time. You can only do it for like two weeks at a time, but now when I do it I don't feel ill at all.

Anyway, it's supposed to help. Also pro-biotics too. They counter the affects of yeast. That's a big problem.