Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Kroger my little chickie.. Kroger.

I walked for THIRTY MINTUES outside today on my lunch break! HOORAH HOORAH HOORAH! I can tell I've lost too because pre op/diet walking from my truck to my desk winded me and made my lower back SCREAM:faint: this time I was burping and tooting like a maniac and my middle back by my shoulder blades was protesting so I went to like.. you know.. stretch my middle back by bringing my elbows back... Holy Frickin Frogs Teeth.. IT HURT. won't be doing THAT again any time soon. Sheesh!

Not being winded when you walk is even better than losing scale weight, in my opinion.

We don't have a kroger! LOL!

Great for you for walking I wish I was that motivated.

You friggin Easterners! I have never even heard of these small hick stores that carry your PRUNE yogurt!!!!!LOL!!!!!

I love prunes, but apparently we on the West coast don't have the same issues that the East has, that would be why you need prune yogurt.

But I have to admit I am jealous!

I hope you know I am playing with you and appreciate your input!

Thanks anyhow

Easterner? LOL! I'm in Kansas, smack dab in the center of the country... Just as far from the East coast as from the West! Hahaha.

Good luck finding your prune yogurt. Look for Dannon Activia brand, and you might find what you're looking for.

Seems like we're on the same track.... I've lost right around 30 lbs since the pre-op diet, as well, and was banded on the same day. I am starting to be able to eat pretty normally now, which is a bit worrisome, but it's still WAY WAY less than I would have eaten before banding, and my first fill is scheduled for March 30. For lunch, I had 2 wasa crackers, both topped with a slice of swiss cheese and a few slices of deli-thin sliced ham, and was very full. It's still a challenge some days to drink all the Water I'm supposed to drink, but most days, I at least come close.

I aim for getting around 1200 calories a day, because if you consume less than that, your body goes into starvation mode and hangs on even more stubbornly to any fat reserves that it has.

My doc said that I should expect very little restriction once the swelling goes down (which apparently it has), and to expect to be hungry, and that it's perfectly fine to feel that way, and to go ahead and eat a little more, so that I'm satisfied. That's what the fills are for.

That being said, I still find myself being able with very little effort to keep my calorie intake between 1200 and 1500/day.

I track my food intake on www.fitday.com, and that has helped me a lot. I don't have to try to remember how many calories was in this or that, it keeps track for me. And once you add in a custom food in case it's not built in already, it stays in there, so you can use it again and again.

I hope this helps! Can you believe it's been over 5 weeks now since we were banded?

Travelgirl:

Yes, I would say we are walking down the same path!!!!

I will take your advise on www.fitday.com and give it a try.

I;m somewhat concerned about getting fill though, I really can't imagine eating less.!! Honestly I don't drink my water, I have to get on that. I ate alot (not really) for dinner tonight, lets see what my body does with that. Good luck with your journey!!! I'll keep you posted on mine.:)

You friggin Easterners! I have never even heard of these small hick stores that carry your PRUNE yogurt!!!!!LOL!!!!!

I love prunes, but apparently we on the West coast don't have the same issues that the East has, that would be why you need prune yogurt.

Thanks anyhow

Guess you westerners are just full'o chit, EH:rolleyes:

Hey, hey guys, I am about as Eastern USA as they get, (a few miles and it is a walk in the ocean)!!.......Well, anyway, I have never heard of prune yogurt! What the heck?? LOL

We don't have a Kruger's or Dillon's for that matter.

However, we are getting a Harris Teeter, anyone ever heard of that food store? Apparently it comes from the south, but not sure.

The Prune Yogurt we have in Canada is called "Activa". I'd be surprised if you didn't have it in the U.S. Keep checking. It's yummy!

Oh, I have heard of Activa. I will look at it.

I have been cheating and eating Yoplait Whips. Yummy, but cheating a little bit!

I have been cheating and eating Yoplait Whips. Yummy, but cheating a little bit!

That sounds good!

Alright you silly silly girl. Have you heard of.... Dannon? That is the brand. look wherever you go that sells Dannon yogurt. =)

Thanks anyhow

OH! Walmart has Activa! I will check today.

To answer a previous post... I love prunes and another nice bandster said she was eating prune yogurt and she told me to go buy it at a store we don't have on the east coast.

Best tidbit of adivice I got lately is to go to fitday.com and log your calories and the foods you eat. I tried it last night and I love it! I (IMHO) will be able to predict my weight loss based on what I have eaten and my activity level for the day. I will keep you posted!

Synical I would consider offering you money to post more often, I do love to laugh!

Dannon Yogurt? Yeah I have heard of dannon but they don't offer the prune thing here. No biggie anymore it seems that my "bathroom" issues are becoming more regular since I am eating more of a variety of food, which last night was a couple real prunes! So I will have the calories with the yogurt and just pop a couple prunes.

Just to make you REALLY jealous, I am going to Sea World today, and I will be walking, walking, walking and more walking.

I pray I do not gain weight! I have resisted to go on vacations because even though I am a BBW; I have kept to the lower end of the BBW sizes by trying to be healthy etc. work out, personal trainer, eat healthy, but my main problem was always volume eating and binging (when my DH was not a darling husband but a d**k husband)~ yeah it is all his fault! LOL!

So back to the issue.... I would not go on vacations or out to dinner with friends or etc. because I would overeat (be out of control per se') so I am sooooo very excited to see how I handle this little 5 day escape from the comfortable surroundings of my house. Whatever food issues I encounter I will post and just for synical I am going to do the eliptical in the hotel gym for 30 minutes each day for cardio, because she is walking on her lunch hour, that is the only way I can personally praise her for doing an incredible thing for her health and for being such a great sport about sharing all her trials and tribulations!! What do you think synical, are you walking today?????hmmmmm???

LOL I love this thread! It's flat out gorgeous today here in north central Kansas, so I'm going walking on my lunch break, too!

I've had a Curves membership for about 7 months now, and I've had every excuse in the book to not go. Well, I'm re-committing to make myself go at LEAST 3 times a week, and I'm aiming for 4 or 5. I really love the ladies there, no one ever makes you feel like you shouldn't be there, they're always encouraging, and they always have a smile on!

GO ME!!!

Oh, by the way, I had a MAJOR NSV last night! I went down a pant size!!!!!! I'm down from a very tight 24 stretch to a very comfy 22!!!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!