Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

OK>>>>I'm dying with ribcage pain!!! I called the dr. and they said it's gas..walk, do standing jumping jacks (no jumping), water.....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANOTHER SUGGESTION????/ I'm not yelling at you by using capitals there.....just emphasizing the PAIN>>Please advise as to your tricks..Thanks, Michele

Gas-X!!! This worked wonders for me. You were banded on the 14th and still have gas? You poor thing! Take care.

Teacher, I too was banded on the 14th, and have had terrible pains in my left ribs, and left shoulder. My doctor thought that since it lasted so much longer, that maybe some Fluid seeped up, and had been rubbing the phrenic nerve, instead of gas. I eventually went back on pain pills.< /p>

Gone now, but still have a few twinges.

SynicalChick I figured you most likely had a yeast infection. Antibiotics can do that, along with vaginal yeast infections.

Glad you called the doc, and got something for it........

I have been giving myself lovenex injections since Thursday, a blood thinner, for blood clots.....since Sat. I have been having some blood in my urine, almost like a period, but I am post menopausal(allegedelly)...its not a lot, just enough to be seen ? Anybody else?

Hi, did the blood clots result from the surgery?

Have you had you blood clotting times checked recently? I don't know much, but if your blood is to thin, that could cause bleeding elsewhere.

Get it checked into.

Teacher,

I was banded on 2/15 and still get serious rib cage and below the breast pain. I assume it is gas. It doesn't happen everyday but often and usually at night around bedtime.

I'll be glad when it goes away for good. It can be very painful.

I'm almost there.....13th day of pre-op. Whew! Wed. I get banded!! I have lost 13 pounds. Just want it to be over. Then have to do pre-op........ I can do this,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Day after tomorrow I join you in bandland.

I was banded on 2/7/07. I am able to eat anything and have absolutely no restriction. I go for my first fill in 3 weeks. I know that I am going to gain! Should I not be drinking with my meals yet or does that start after I have my first fill? Maybe that is my problem. Please advise!!!!:hungry:

Thank you all for you good wishes on the ribcage pain. The funny thing is that I didn't have any problems with gas after surgery...only started a few days ago...weird. My right ribcage hurts so bad, I nearly cried when I leaned up to turn off the bath water.ouch. My doctor's office says it sounds like gas for sure. No eating after 6pm....and that last meal must be VERY light. Yikes!!! I'm hungriest at night!!!! They said nothing but Water after 6pm. boohoo

I was banded on 2/7/07. I am able to eat anything and have absolutely no restriction. I go for my first fill in 3 weeks. I know that I am going to gain! Should I not be drinking with my meals yet or does that start after I have my first fill? Maybe that is my problem. Please advise!!!!:hungry:

You should get in the habit of not drinking with your meals now. I was lucky enough to get a fill yesterday because like you I had no restriction. For the nest three weeks just do your best to make good food choices. One thing that has been helpful to me has been exercise. This last week my eating was atrocious. I thought for sure I must have gained weight. With my walking I actually lost another 3 pounds. Just try to keep the activity up.

ACK... my mouth is still on fire. I've had four doses of the prescrip stuff so hopefully it will be better by this afternoon.

Back at work today and will probably leave this afternoon when I start to get tired.

I can tell the swelling is starting to go down now cause I'm hungry more often. I had 3 ounces of chicken breast this a.m. then a 15 g Protein Shake around 9 and then a sf Jello a few minutes ago. I forgot to bring my chicken to work so I'll do another drink I guess for lunch plus I brought some kefir probiotic yogurt smoothie stuff too. My mouth is so friggin' tender that just about anything I eat or drink hurts... i think I'm ssssin' my words too. Tongue feel swollen.

Soreness is SLOWLY but surely diminishing each day. I feel like I've been in a wreck every a.m. when I wake up and try to get out of bed. I haven't had any ibuprophen yet today but may break down and take some here in a few minutes.

Surgeon and other fellow bansdters say I should start feeling about normal around Friday. Considering I am one week to the day today from the operation I'm doing GREAT. Driving myself to work and everything.

cf_chicken.gif

I was told that I could have anyting that goes throough a straw, so yesterday- I ate(very small bits) at 3:30 refried Beans with extra red sauce, so they would be soupy- couldn't finish the last 3 bits and was still full at bedtime. This made me feel better because I'm only 5 days post op and felt like the surgury wasn't worth it- because I was STARVING, right after eating. The Soups just weren't satisfing. It's hard to get my Water intake. I think I'm dehidrated. I'm not a big drinker.

I was banded on the 15th & am so glad my hubby gave in to the Taco Bell craving he had 2 nights ago! Pintos-n-Cheese (no red sauce, plus sour cream) is about the only thing I've eaten on the mushies diet that does not make me feel awful! I've eaten 1/2 a serving two nights in a row & plan more for lunch today. I'm also still having trouble getting in enough fluids, but I've always been one to drink with meals not sip all day...this is a big change for me!

Are you doing Protein Shakes, too? That was what really kept me full in the 1st 2 weeks. I added Decaf instant coffee mix to the shakes & I forced myself to drink a shake for Breakfast until it was finished. And then I'd have a "treat meal" of Soup or SF pudding or SF jell-o around 4pm before blending up my next shake for dinner, which I drank exclusively until that was done. And then I'd have another "treat meal" at around 10pm. I made it a "challenge with reward" thing... It worked for me.

Hang in there! You can do this!

I was banded on the 19th. I go for my first post op vistit on the 8th of March and I can not wait. I am hoping that my doctor will move me to the mushies stage. I am hating the full liquid stage.