Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Walk as much as you can. this will help get the gas out. Walk around the dining table if you have to. But it will help.

:guess

I have gas ( I guess) trapped under my right ribcage. ouch!!! Any suggestions? I hope they didn't hurt something while they were all inside my tummy!!!

Michele

Just checking with my fellow bandsters and their incisions. How are they? How long was it before all of your stuff came off? my date was 2/27 so I'm five days post op. I have internal stitches covered with some small kind of tape then on top of that covered with gauze and clear skin like tape. three of my incisions the gause is off and partially the tape over the cut. I'm still wearing the gauze over the rest .. the main sites over port area. how are your incisions doing? my skin feels tight and I worry about splitting them open when I bend over. the smallest incision to the far left isn't oozing or anyting but it isn't shut tight like the one next to it. any suggestions or just general discussion on the incisions in general?

Tracy

Just checking with my fellow bandsters and their incisions. How are they? How long was it before all of your stuff came off? my date was 2/27 so I'm five days post op. I have internal stitches covered with some small kind of tape then on top of that covered with gauze and clear skin like tape. three of my incisions the gause is off and partially the tape over the cut. I'm still wearing the gauze over the rest .. the main sites over port area. how are your incisions doing? my skin feels tight and I worry about splitting them open when I bend over. the smallest incision to the far left isn't oozing or anyting but it isn't shut tight like the one next to it. any suggestions or just general discussion on the incisions in general?

Tracy

Tracy

I was banded on 3/1 and today is the first day I have felt "better than good" However I have taken 2 doses of Loritab (pain meds). I went back to work post op #2. I was definately stiff and definately could not wait until I was off of work.

I did not walk my dogs tonight of fear that this good day will turn into a not so good day.

I have a viroucious appetite, and am eating everything in very very small quantities.

My port is the only problem area, I carry alot of my fat in my upper body and so my bra (holds my heavy boobs) really irritates the port incision and I have changed to a very loose bra and I just pray that I don't flip the port because the port is a bulge.

I still say a couple times each day that I still can't believe I "did it", I guess I always imagined I would get so far and then back out.

We went to costco (weekly grocery trip) and my daughter and husb. both ate lunch in the food court and I was not bothered but I was enjoying the effect of the "just taken" pain meds.

I kinda like walk 2-3" inches taller just thinking that I am "on my way".

However I know that I am VERY swollen, because even my "fat pants" did not even come close to buttuning up this AM.

I am having gas issues in my shoulder and can't wait till they subside.

I am feeling good enough that I planned a 4 day trip to San Diego Sea World and San Diego Zoo. I am excited because all of my life I would NEVER go anywhere because of my weight. Now I know that I am not conderably thinner, it is just the thought of what I think about myself.

I am kinda amazed at myself for even thinking these thoughts, they are all surprizes to me too!

How are you doing Tracy~share with me!

The incisions are "tight" just like yours, but I know that the clear bandaid over my skin will keep things where it is suppose to be.

You know what is really wierd? My skin "smells" like the operating room and I have not been able to get rid of that smell yet, even after bathing; Maybe it is my imagination.

Singdeborah...thanks for the suggestion. I've been walking around the house and the pain is much better. Now it's just moving around;)

Does anyone know how to tell if your port has moved? I can't feel mine and I'm petrified that it is somewhere Missing in Action..

michele

weight.png

Singdeborah...thanks for the suggestion. I've been walking around the house and the pain is much better. Now it's just moving around;)

Does anyone know how to tell if your port has moved? I can't feel mine and I'm petrified that it is somewhere Missing in Action..

michele

weight.png

Was your port a buldge right after surgery and now the buldge is gone??

Well.....

I am heavy on top and it is where I carry all my weight.

I was banded on 3/1 and my port is a buldge, which I expect to gradually go down as the swelling goes down, thus I would not be able to notice the port site other than knowing where it is suppose to be.

I have seen other peoples port spots and they always say they must really feel for it and know what they are feeling for before they find it.

I was a little surprized when mine was a buldge, but am not worried, considering the swelling etc.

I just am assuming that your swelling is gone behind the port and therefore your port is neatly nested where it is suppose to be.

Hello All,

I was banded on 02/27/07. Its kinda hard getting out the bed due to the pain in my stomach. I had a lot of gas & stomach growling. Its kinda goign away now. ANYONE experience dat. So far so good. This liquid stage is tough, but i got a few different recipes on this site. Im so tempted to step on the scale but, my 1st appt is on 03/07/07(on week after banded) I going to wait until then..GOOD LUCK

Yeah I think the getting out of bed is a "given". Gas pains and stomach growling is on an individual basis but all of us has some degree of it.

I was banded on 3/1 and the gas pains did not start until 3/3 AM, I can't wait until they go away, I keep a hot water bottle close or heating pad or just massagethe area as much as I can, knowing it will soon pass too. :)

I have been watching my caloric intake and there should be NO REASON I have gained but on post op day 3 I stepped on the scale and I gained 5 pounds. I know it is Water weight, because there is NO WAY it could be anything else.

Did your doctor tell you the bandage over your scar will eventually come off. I ask my doctor when should i take the bandage off & he told me it will come off eventually. He pulled off the clear skin tape. The cut above my belly button is where the port is at. I had more bleeding there then anywhere else.

Yes, and at my 1 week post op appointment the nurse removed all the bandages. She said 3 days post op my body makes the best in the world skin glue and the little bandages were not doing anything that my body could not do from inside where my stiches were. Apparently when you go laprascopic surgery your stictches are inside.

My port is where I also bled the most.

Hi Tracey

I was banded on the 2/27 as well I got my stiches out on friday, they put steri strips on all the incisions, already 2 of those have come off and I have 1 incision that has the steri strips on that has been weeping a bit I don't know if I should be worried about it or not.

Magii