Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lightweights in the house! Any more people with less to lose/less BMI's?

Down to 173!!!! Wahoo!!

Whoop! Whoop!

I hope I get there soon!!!

I hear ya tripletmom. I'm in the early 200 myself. I have the same issue. I loose, but regain. Six years ago I weighed 160 pounds. I was so happy. Then I started gaining it back.

I saw my surgeon today for my first visit to get revision surgery to the sleeve. I am starting with a BMI of 35.2 and comorbidities. I also had my psych evaluation today. I have an endoscopy next week and a fluoroscopy to check my lapband for prolapse and remove the Fluid. The following week will be an esophagus motility study. After my doctor does these tests, he will be better able to tell me if I am a candidate for the sleeve. My ins. co. currently requires a 6 month medically supervised diet, but if there is a failure of the device, the claim can be sent in early for a review. My biggest fear is that the band has caused too much damage and he won't be able to perform the surgery.

I would like to lose about 70 pounds.

7 days out and down 6.8lbs since yesterday. Wasn't able to check today, but at most probably at 7lbs. I guess I'm going to be one of those slow losers. Meh, something is better than nothing!!!! Plus....I'm starving :o!

Anyways, I've got blogs up of my experience getting sleeved and everything else post-op if anyones interested. Link in signature. :)

So I'm considered a lightweight....yea....thats me LOL! At 32 BMI I'm technically lightweight. I have been at 35 BMI for the last several years or so and have actually managed to lose a bit on a low carb/high protein/mod fat/low cal/sugar free (paleo/primal) lifestyle' date=' but am as usual having a very hard time keeping it off consistantly. It keeps creeping up.

Was just wondering if there were anymore people on here with about 100lbs or less to lose, or otherwise considered lightweight comparatively. Any who've had the procedure? If you've had the procedure, how much have you been losing? What's your progress, and how're you feeling about the procedure so far?

Thought I'd make a thread for us that have less to lose than the SMB or even the MB people on here. So we can share our experiences and just chill.

B)

BTW, thought I'd add. Everyone is welcome! All sizes! All opinions are valued here! ;)[/quote']

I need about 60 # to lose! My surgery date is Aug 19

I don't often feel like one, but I am technically a light weight ;)

I have a question for anyone sleeved already that had a starting weight under 230ish..I have been overweight..well for a while but pushed over 200lbs and onto 230lbs only 3 years ago when my first daughter was born. I am 33 yrs old. I hope to lose 80 or so lbs. Any idea generally speaking about loose skin? I carry my weight pretty evenly throughout my body except for my new mommy tummy that may never completely go away. Guess I just want an idea how much if any loose skin others around my starting weight have experienced. Thanks!!

congrats to all of you newly sleeved lite weights. I don't get to be sleeved until Dec 2013( can't get here soon enough ) I'm 5'5" and weigh 225 lbs. I've been up and down since having my first child 28yrs ago no less then 140 lbs and no higher yet then 230 lbs. I'm like so many of you just sssooooo tired of the rollar coaster. a bit about me I met my hubby when I was 16yrs old and weighed 110 lbs after being together for a yr I ended up pregnant and he hasn't seen me under a 140 since then. I started having problems with my thyroid at age 21 and have been taking meds ever since. over the last ten yrs though I have really started having problems like high bp, acid reflux, back pain that won't go away, low HDL and normal LDL which makes me High risk for heart attack, and I'm sure I'm pre diabetic. doesn't that make me sound like fun. but truly I can't wait to be sleeved I've been dreaming of this ( or something like this ) for many years and it will finally happen this year wooooo whhhooooo !! and all of your stories have made it even clearer for me because we all worry will this really work this time. hope I can get to know some of you better but if not I atleast have read some good encouragement have a great day

Welcome Leelah68! Glad you are on the ride with all of us.

hi im marie may have posted earlier but an up date my surgery is aug 7th started at 217 w a bmi of 35.9 height 5'2 was suppose to be sleeved may 21st denied day before surgery from Aetna did the pre op and all lost about 13 lbs from that then gained back now on pre op again which by the way is only a meat and veggie diet no carbs or dairy i started this thurs now down to 206 but to get to this point i had to jump through hoops apparently fatty me wasn't fat enough but i fought and won so wish me luck.....

Hey there low BMIers! Just checking in with my progress...

As of last night, I am 31 pounds down since my surgery weigh-in! I participated in a glow in the dark 5K last night and finished in 39 minutes! Now I know that is not a stellar time, but it was for me and my fitness level. I am loving my sleeve!

I wish you all continued success and future success to all of you pre-sleevers!

Good luck tomorrow Bellanthin!!! thanks again for the recipes!

I have a question for anyone sleeved already that had a starting weight under 230ish..I have been overweight..well for a while but pushed over 200lbs and onto 230lbs only 3 years ago when my first daughter was born. I am 33 yrs old. I hope to lose 80 or so lbs. Any idea generally speaking about loose skin? I carry my weight pretty evenly throughout my body except for my new mommy tummy that may never completely go away. Guess I just want an idea how much if any loose skin others around my starting weight have experienced. Thanks!!

I'm 5'3.5" weighed 230 on surgery day 6/6/13. I've been working out almost everyday for over a month because I'm scared of saggy skin. Problem areas are rippled, sagging skin top inner thigh, stomach pooch & under arm wings. I'm hoping I can firm everything up but only time will tell. I'm down to 198 now. I do at least 30 mins on treadmill or elliptical & strength training. Ab crunches, shoulder press, arm curls, etc. I have a friend who was sleeved last July at 280 & is down to 150 but she barely ever worked out & has horrible bat wings saggy stomach & inner thighs. You can't tell at all I she wears mid thigh length shorts & regular sleeved t's but very noticeable when she wears sleeveless tanks, dresses or shorty shorts. I believe sagging skin is inevitable if you don't work out so I'm trying my best to offset it. I also drink tons of Water & add collagen to my Protein shakes. I'm not sure I have all the answers but I'm doing everything I can think of.

Hello, I am 36 yrs old, 5'6 and pushing it real close to 250lb. Bmi is of 40. I dont have any comorbidities, that i know of. Maybe sleep apniea, but havent been tested. People dont think i need the surgery because Im "tall" they dont think Im that over weight. Well if i qualify, and so far I do, then Im gonna have it! After 4 kids and mentally abusive relationships, my weight has gotten out of control, i havent been big my whole life, just since my late 20s. I am on my last three appts., the nut, physical theropist, and phsyc evaluation. Have them all scheduled for this month so I guess I should know something by next month sometime!!

I really like this thread. I'm Amy, 33 5"0" and currently between 200-220. I have recently been diagnosed with pcos after years of irregular periods. I'm a mom of 2 (2,4) and foster (soon to be adoptive) mom to two more 10,11). I've been overweight since age 9 and just realized that I've been gaining and losing the same 40 pounds for 20 years.

My family thinks I should just "buckle down" and do it on my own. After all, I've done it before... Um, u got down to 160 ten years and two kids ago, was completely unhealthy and chain smoked. I can't do that again!

They think the surgery is only for people with much more to lose. I need to lose roughly 100 pounds! So, I'm off to Mexico in October and taking this leap. Could this really be the last summer that's swimming wardrobe includes layers and shame? Will I be hiking with my husband and children next summer instead of watching tv and posting here?

Omg I hope so! I love reading your posts (especially the other shorties). Keep up your hard work.