Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lightweights in the house! Any more people with less to lose/less BMI's?

So I'm considered a lightweight....yea....thats me LOL! At 32 BMI I'm technically lightweight. I have been at 35 BMI for the last several years or so and have actually managed to lose a bit on a low carb/high protein/mod fat/low cal/sugar free (paleo/primal) lifestyle, but am as usual having a very hard time keeping it off consistantly. It keeps creeping up.

Was just wondering if there were anymore people on here with about 100lbs or less to lose, or otherwise considered lightweight comparatively. Any who've had the procedure? If you've had the procedure, how much have you been losing? What's your progress, and how're you feeling about the procedure so far?

Thought I'd make a thread for us that have less to lose than the SMB or even the MB people on here. So we can share our experiences and just chill.

B)

BTW, thought I'd add. Everyone is welcome! All sizes! All opinions are valued here! ;)

I'd love to know also! My sleeve is scheduled for June 4th. My goal is to lose about 70-80 lbs. I state this journey (surgery requirements ad all that jazz) at 227. I'm 5'2 so that's pretty heavy. I'm down to 212 now and would love to be at about 140ish. I know that when you have more weight to drop is comes off faster. I hope I am teach my goal weight sooner than later

Fat is fat is fat.

TRUTH! Why wouldn't a high BMI'ers opinion be just as valuable to you? We're all in the same boat.

lol MASTER! ;) I'm pretty sure they don't bite, just thought it'd be nice to have a separate place to come and chill every now and then. :)

EDIT:

honestly didn't see your name at the top Laura! MUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! Only just realized my mistake almost 24 hours after the fact! I LOVE it!!!!

lol master! I'm pretty sure they don't bite' date=' just thought it'd be nice to have a separate place to come and chill every now and then. :)[/quote']

Ok I will forgive you. Just because you called me by my true name... Master.

:P

Actually, I value all opinions. Everyone is welcome to join in on the conversation! Just thought I'd make a topic directed towards the people with slightly less to lose so we can all share our experiences and see the similarities and differences for our particular group, comparatively. In one place. :)

I'd actually be very interested to see how the less/smaller bmi'ers fair with the speed of their weight loss comparatively post-op. Everyone is welcome! :)

Ok I will forgive you. Just because you called me by my true name... Master.

:P

HA! Yes master........;)

I'm 5'3 1/2 and 8 months out. Began my journey at 225 and am now 156 and trying to get to 145. So almost at 70 lbs. it has really slowed down but I expected that the closer you are to goal and the smaller percentage you have to lose. This has been the best thing I have ever done! I have lost 5 sizes gone from an 18/20 to 8's and 10's. I'm so much more active. I don't consider that I was a lightweight, I agree with Laura, fat is fat. My BMI was almost 40!! I will get there by just keeping on keeping on!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

At my first visit to the surgeon I weighed 183, doesn't sound too bad but it's a lot for someone 4' 6" to carry around! (That's a BMI of 44.1). I'm still waiting for my approval. After following the nut's guidelines I've lost some and have upped my exercise but still have a long, long way to go to healthy and comfortable in my skin. So my poundage to lose isn't huge but it's close to half of me.

Best wishes to everyone!

I'm 5'3 1/2 and 8 months out. Began my journey at 225 and am now 156 and trying to get to 145. So almost at 70 lbs. it has really slowed down but I expected that the closer you are to goal and the smaller percentage you have to lose. This has been the best thing I have ever done! I have lost 5 sizes gone from an 18/20 to 8's and 10's. I'm so much more active. I don't consider that I was a lightweight, I agree with Laura, fat is fat. My BMI was almost 40!! I will get there by just keeping on keeping on!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thats awesome! 70lbs down is a lot! Congratulations on your new self girl! :D

At my first visit to the surgeon I weighed 183, doesn't sound too bad but it's a lot for someone 4' 6" to carry around! (That's a BMI of 44.1). I'm still waiting for my approval. After following the nut's guidelines I've lost some and have upped my exercise but still have a long, long way to go to healthy and comfortable in my skin. So my poundage to lose isn't huge but it's close to half of me.

Best wishes to everyone!

True. Very true, that is quite a lot for your height. I hope you get approved soon! :D

Great post! I have 35.2 bmi, and I have hbp, diabetes and high cholesterol. .. I' m at the beginning of the whole process with the surgeon...wish me good luck! Hang in there!!!

I have a high BMI but a lot of your BMI is calculated based on your height. I'm 5 foot even and I'm 229 and big boned that puts me at a 45 BMI. I really hate how they haven't changed it to match how someone is built. It says that my healthy weight is 115 and I'm fearful that I would look very sick considering I'm big boned and have quite a bit of muscle. :)

In regards to your question I to am curious if ill be a slow loser. I pray I'm not!!

I have a high BMI but a lot of your BMI is calculated based on your height. I'm 5 foot even and I'm 229 and big boned that puts me at a 45 BMI. I really hate how they haven't changed it to match how someone is built. It says that my healthy weight is 115 and I'm fearful that I would look very sick considering I'm big boned and have quite a bit of muscle. :)

In regards to your question I to am curious if ill be a slow loser. I pray I'm not!!

You mention you've plenty of muscle, so in all honesty I think that should really work in your favor as far as speeding up weight loss one way or another. Muscle burns fat! And the low carb/high Protein lifestyle change/diet will only make it so your muscular body finally gets its chance to shine! I think you'll do just fine! :D