Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and hoping to make some friends

Hello,

My name is WeeWers and I'll be 60 in August. I'm 305 (and climbing) and am 5-6. My goal is 140 That's needing to lose 165 pounds!!! I will look like a pole with hanging skin everywhere!! I thought that was a very good discussion about the ol' hanging skin issue. Better to be thin and healthy -- than fat and unhealthy.

I have been at this forum for 4 weeks and I have not made one friend yet. I love the size of this group and the fact that 60+ folks just have a different platform. I feel like I'm among people I can be open with.

I want to support others on their journey's also. I'm not here just to 'take.'

I think I have done all the required "hoop-jumping" and I see my surgeon for the first time this Monday. I pray that he won't require more hoops for me and that my surgery can be scheduled very soon. (that's what *everyone* wants) May I let you guys know how the visit went. Do you guys share such teeny things?

I don't have a real dynamic post that would get a lot of replies -- but I'm so glad to be here and hope we can get to know each other!

warmly~

WeeWers

Welcome! Of course you can share your journey with us. No one but US will truly understand what you're going thru anyway! I'm a pre-sleever too. Don't have a surgery date since I'm switching hospitals so need to start the treadmill race all over again. :(

Toasting to our new friend WeeWers! **Raises bottled Water with crystal light**

I see we like the same Disney character! Sprinkling some Pixie Dust on you!

Hi Weewers:

I would wish you good luck but luck doesnt have much to do with your success. I had my sleeve on Nov 15th 2012 and lost 55 pounds since. My wt loss goal is 70 lbs and I am very happy with the results so far. Easy does it specially after 50, ( which I am ). Be ready to finally change those former lifelong "habits" , don't worry, with the help of the surgery tool, it does becomes achievable. More than anything, loving yourself will become easier with each milestone....

Letty

Welcome!

You will do great! I was sleeved 10/11/12 sw 255 cw 178. I'm 54 and female. The first couple months hardest but it becomes much easier. The loss slowed down for me after 5 months. Still losing, just slow. This is a great place for info and support.

Hang in there!

SCS

Hi Weewers,

I'm also relatively new to this forum. My surgery is scheduled for May 28. I hope you're not far behind me. I look forward to hearing about you and your journey.

Best,

Jellybean.

Im newbie here too and pre op too...im on my waiting period insurance requirements. I have always been overweight so to be honest I have not idea what a normal weight looks like or should be.

Hi, WeeWers, I'm 67 years old. I also just completed the "hoop jumping". I'm 5'2", 230 current. Started at 252. Have my surgeon appt. on June 12. Very excited. Wish I wouldn't have the hanging skin issues, but as it already hangs, it can only get worse. I'm probably looking at surgery in July.

Good luck to you and I'd like to keep in touch. It would be nice to have a surgery buddy closer to my age.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

WOW you guys!! I feel utterly welcomed! Thank you for the kind and thoughtful replies. I feel I've found a home here. Really, the younger folks don't get what we 60's deal with. They just haven't had the life experience.

If the flight wasn't a 15 hour flight -- I would change my surgeon to Dr. Aceves. He even comes in to check on you in the hospital several times a day! The hospital looks cleaner than most US hospitals -- and I could have had my surgery any time I wanted! He does his own pre-op the day before your surgery and so there aren't all these hoops to jump through. His cost is 8750.00 -- which includes everything but the airfare and when you're paying out of pocket makes a difference.

My US doc is quite cold and uncaring. Oh well, at least I'm having the surgery.

Thank you again for the warm welcome. My first app. with my doc is Monday. I'll post how it went. My fear is that it will be way far out til I can have my surg.

warmly~

WeeWers

Hello WeeWers and welcome, I had my WLS on March 11th and I am now 10 weeks post op, I can honestly say this is a real journey and one I am happy to be one. Your surgery will be here before you know it just keep us posted and if we can help we will. Take care.

Getting thru the hoops to get to,surgery took me 3 years, but it was worth it. Other than extremely slow weight loss, I have no concerns or regrets. The surgery and recovery were surprisingly easy. I was back at work after one week. Please keep me posted on your next doctor visit.

Hi! I just started here, too! I want to have ,y surgery late summer or early fall. I have no "hoops" to jump through because my insurance covers no WLS. No exceptions. So, I'm going to be self-pay and have chosen Dr. Aceves because I have yet to read anything bad about him. Can't wait to hear all about your journey!

Hi weewers,

welcome to the losers club.. Im a post op pt.. I had my surgery dec 20th.. so not really a newbie anymore.. soon to be 6mo out and ive lost 94lbs.. great huh? I feel great..and according to others I look great.. im hearing comments like hey skinny.. I have to laugh cuz I never thought I would hear those words directed at me lol.. Im not as old as you ..but im getting there.. if you want add me as a friend and we can trade stories or just chit chat about every day life and things.. love to hear about you.. and oh yes the hoops.. been there done that.. passed every test they threw at me. I know you will do fine.. when is your surgery? have they said yet? but anyways.. best of luck to you on your new journey to be a new you. You will be great. :)

Hi I hope the gets attached to the right thread. I'd be interested in befriending you WeeWars. Just starting out on my journey,? Thanks.

Hi WEEWERS, I am new to this also, (at least getting use to this website) I like this one much better than all the others I have tried. I am starting this journey for the second time , the first time my husband was diagnosed with full blown Prostate cancer and of course my health was put on the back burner in order to care for him , but he is doing well and so I start again, I sometimes wonder if that was God's way of steering me away form the lap-band and going with more info on the verticle sleeve. I have a 6 month wait for my cigna insurance with a dr. supervised weight loss which is not going as well as I would like. I have had 3 appointments and go to my surgeon on July15 and back to my Dr. at that time too. I like hearing from people in my own age group . I am 61 , married for 44 years in Dec of this year, have 3 children and 6 grandchildren, 4 grand-dogs and 4 grand-goats. LOL We do love our family pets. I am nervous about the surgery, well not really the surgery but the sagging skin ( as I am sure it will be a lot in my stomach area) and also the Hair loss, which I have already purchased a wig to be ready should it get that bad, I would like your feelings on this and how bad was it for you and how do I help keep it to a minimum, well I have babbled on enough. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi WEEWERS, I am new to this also, (at least getting use to this website) I like this one much better than all the others I have tried. I am starting this journey for the second time , the first time my husband was diagnosed with full blown Prostate cancer and of course my health was put on the back burner in order to care for him , but he is doing well and so I start again, I sometimes wonder if that was God's way of steering me away form the lap-band and going with more info on the verticle sleeve. I have a 6 month wait for my cigna insurance with a dr. supervised weight loss which is not going as well as I would like. I have had 3 appointments and go to my surgeon on July15 and back to my Dr. at that time too. I like hearing from people in my own age group . I am 61 , married for 44 years in Dec of this year, have 3 children and 6 grandchildren, 4 grand-dogs and 4 grand-goats. LOL We do love our family pets. I am nervous about the surgery, well not really the surgery but the sagging skin ( as I am sure it will be a lot in my stomach area) and also the Hair loss, which I have already purchased a wig to be ready should it get that bad, I would like your feelings on this and how bad was it for you and how do I help keep it to a minimum, well I have babbled on enough. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi so happy to have found this site I am just starting out on this process with the sleeve I have had my first class and my first appointment is August 5 I am scared and excited at the same time it's so nice to be able to share with people around the same age let's take this journey together I have 3 children 6 grandchildren 1 great granddaughter lots of grand puppies