Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My advice. .. don't do 5:2 or similar as part of weight loss phase. When my losses slowed down around 8 months post op I started reducing carbs, eliminating Protein Bars and then changed workouts to high intensity interval training. My losses went from 2 a month back to 10.

My advice. .. don't do 5:2 or similar as part of weight loss phase. When my losses slowed down around 8 months post op I started reducing carbs, eliminating Protein bars and then changed workouts to high intensity interval training. My losses went from 2 a month back to 10.

I agree. Save that for maintenance. When my losses slowed to 1-2 or nothing per month I made sure to focus on reducing sugar grams to less than 25g a day and eliminate grazing. It always worked to get the loses started again to 3-4 a month even now when I am 16 months and starting Maintenance.

You ladies inspire me! I've lost 78 but have 85 to go. I'm 3.5 months post op. It seems too good to be real.

I was sleeved on June 9, my 36th birthday of all days! When I had my pre op clearance with my doctor I was 444lb at 6'6". The day of surgery I was 408lb. I weighed myself 2 days ago and was 384! 60lbs from my clearance appt on may 15! Its been an unbelievable ride

I started at 338. Current weight is 193. Surgery date was 5-18-12. I'm 5'7.

I had surgery mid July 2013, so almost a year and I started at 333 lbs but I'm still at 220 lbs!!! I really thought I'd be much less by now. My goal before a year was to be under 200 :(

How long did it take you to get to where you are?

I started at a size 24 pants and 4 and 5 XL shirts

Now in size 16 pants and XL unisex tshirts.

Also I'm still "Fat" just a smaller fat?? If I could attach pics I would but can't figure that out lol

I started at 338. Current weight is 193. Surgery date was 5-18-12. I'm 5'7.

I had surgery mid July 2013, so almost a year and I started at 333 lbs but I'm still at 220 lbs!!! I really thought I'd be much less by now. My goal before a year was to be under 200 :(

How long did it take you to get to where you are?

I started at a size 24 pants and 4 and 5 XL shirts

Now in size 16 pants and XL unisex tshirts.

Also I'm still "Fat" just a smaller fat?? If I could attach pics I would but can't figure that out lol

Forgot to mention I am 5 ft 8 in tall, and 36 year old female.

I lost about 90 lbs from surgery in 9 months but was still around 208 (started 315 before pre op)

I really wanted that Onederland. in order to make it I had to ratchet up training. I had just been walking a couple times a week. I saved the heavy artillery for the end. I started with 6 months of personal training 2x a week and spinning class 2x a week. in the past 6 months I lost another 25 and safely under 200 at around 183 or so. at my height this is good as I am so under 25% body fat though still 26 BMI.

this required a lot money and focus. I don't think you need to get personal training but you may need to really commit yourself to get past the finish line. the sleeve helps but you need to decide how much you want to make your goal, create a plan and constantly recommit.

I have been doing bootcamps and I am on a clean eating diet, I walk daily and I have three kids so I'm always on the go. I'm wondering if I'm psyching myself out?? I can't eat a full meal anyway lol and as far as cheating like having a sweet something I do but I usually only have a couple bites and don't do that but maybe twice a month. I feel like it's mostly this hanging fat that's keeping me back, it's not just loose skin there is some of that too but it's really bad, I will try to attach a picture sorry it may look nasty!!! I don't have the money but I honestly think I need plastic surgery to fix this, I have tried so hard to tighten this belly flab it's from rib cage down to pubic line and it hangs over my public line. Sorry for the TMI it's also hanging over my belly button and causing bad irritation and redness. I have a hard time at the bootcamps and I really think I overdo it because I finish it all but when I get in my car I feel dizzy and half out, I'm very stubborn and I have this issue with being very self-conscious and so I have to finish the class and not slow down too much, there's times I get blurry vision but I just keep going. Yes I know it's stupid of me so I am on a break from the bootcamp but I'm starting back in a couple of weeks. I still walk every day but it's this. "Front butt" and "beer gut" that's horrid!!! No I don't drink beer but just comparing lol

When I started my weight was 402... I was sleeved on April 30 and have lost 76 lbs so far. I never regret getting the sleeve over the bypass

The pictures above are my AFTER pictures!!!! I'm at 220 lbs 5 ft 8 in tall started at 333 lbs day of surgery my highest weight was about 380.

I'll try to find some before pictures

I hope those pics are not offensive!!!! I do have on undergarments.

it took me 18 months in total to get from peak of 315 to around mid 180s and size 12. I am 5-10 and carries most on legs.

you look like you carried more on middle. a lot you have left will always droop without plastics so stop beating yourself up. if you are getting rashes document with you primary care doc and some plastics may be covered by insurance.

most surgeons want you a couple years out from surgery before plastics so weight is stablized but you can always get a consult.

you are doing great though. no boot camp will get rid of extra skin but it will burn more calories and help you lose. it will also make you look great if you ever decide to get skin removal/tummy tuck.

my arms are like yours. I want them done someday. have to save $$$.

I absolutely do not regret this in any way I am just looking for advice from others who may be in my same shoes!! Thank you guys for any advice or opinions.

I hope those pics are not offensive!!!! I do have on undergarments.

it took me 18 months in total to get from peak of 315 to around mid 180s and size 12. I am 5-10 and carries most on legs.

you look like you carried more on middle. a lot you have left will always droop without plastics so stop beating yourself up. if you are getting rashes document with you primary care doc and some plastics may be covered by insurance.

most surgeons want you a couple years out from surgery before plastics so weight is stablized but you can always get a consult.

you are doing great though. no boot camp will get rid of extra skin but it will burn more calories and help you lose. it will also make you look great if you ever decide to get skin removal/tummy tuck.

my arms are like yours. I want them done someday. have to save $$$.

Thank you!!!!! That is what I'm needing, support and a positive person to talk with!!! That's why I came here! Thank you for your words!!!!