Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It can be done!! It's crazy to think that 13 months ago I was 319... I'm now 180! Still a bit to go but a 14 is so far from a 26 not fitting anymore

You're one of my inspirations! I think I've left 24/26 behind. Not buying clothes yet but down 44 with preop and post op loss. I'm quite a bit older than you but is still hope to get to a size 10.

You're one of my inspirations! I think I've left 24/26 behind. Not buying clothes yet but down 44 with preop and post op loss. I'm quite a bit older than you but is still hope to get to a size 10.

awww thank you it takes time done times but it happens- take a pick every month and safe a biggest pair of jeans it's crazy to see the progress- u just realize it one day! Good luck you got this!!! Oh and track your food on mfp ! :)

Tracking everything! Just trying to reach goals which is not so easy - but I'm trying! Down 45 total this morning and clothes are definitly looser. Feels good. Today's my 2 week anniversary. Surgery seems like so long ago. Weird how the mind does that.

I was sleeved in July 2013 and I am down 109 lbs so far... My goal is to weight 195 to 220lbs in 18 months post op

Edited by Silkylady

It's so motivating seeing all these people weighing over 300 pounds loosing all this weight. I started at 337. I'm doing all the pre-operation requirements. But going into my first meeting with the surgeon one of his PAs asked me what I would like to weight. I told her for my height (5'11) I would like to be around 170-180 and she looked at me and said that is absolutely impossible you need to have more realistic expectations or else this isn't going to work. I was kind of taken back by that and it made me rethink this whole thing. But after seeing so many people with amazing results I know I can do it. Nothing is going to stop me. I'm bound and determined to prove her wrong!!!!

Here is what the NUT told me... for a high BMI person who "Failed" with the lapband... they don't want us to lose 100# and still feel like a failure because we didn't get to a set weight. Truth of the matter is - I started at 308, got down to about 190... and screeched to a halt. It took some concentrated effort to get down to the 146-150 range where i currently live. I would have been pretty good maintaining at 190 (compared to 300+!!!) even though I was still quite overweight at 5'5"

so, my advice is to be realistic in knowing that you will have to keep working that sleeve to get to your personal goal. You may decide to stop short, but don't consider that a failure, consider a huge improvement over where you started... everything else is icing on the cake.

My practice tried to tell me I was good enough at 170 too.... for same reason. They were right, I was pretty good at 170 but i like 150 a lot better and i intend to fight like hell to maintain it. If I bounce back up to 170 at some point, I'll be okay though.

So, when the asked me my goal I told them that while I dreamed of getting to a normal BMI, I would consider myself a success if i got under 200# - everyone was satisfied with that answer and were wowed when I got to a normal BMI and have been maintaining it.

It's so motivating seeing all these people weighing over 300 pounds loosing all this weight. I started at 337. I'm doing all the pre-operation requirements. But going into my first meeting with the surgeon one of his PAs asked me what I would like to weight. I told her for my height (5'11) I would like to be around 170-180 and she looked at me and said that is absolutely impossible you need to have more realistic expectations or else this isn't going to work. I was kind of taken back by that and it made me rethink this whole thing. But after seeing so many people with amazing results I know I can do it. Nothing is going to stop me. I'm bound and determined to prove her wrong!!!!

I was told that if I lost 70 or 80 lbs I would be a success. Well I have gone way past that. And you can too. Never get overwhelmed by the scale. Look for other things besides numbers to see your successes and let your body stop where it wants too. I never ever weighed myself when I was 380 I probably would have ended things right there if I had. I have not weighed myself much after the surgery. Mostly team visits.

Another person was told that she would only lose 60 lbs. She fells since I have lost more that she will too...I believe in us! And our will power!

I don't know what your people r talking about, bcuz it is possible, I am also 5'11 and I highest weight was 365lbs, I had my surgery on January 6 of this year, I am now 265lbs I want to b around 200 to 220 that's good for me, but I know I could get a lot smaller if I want to, don't let know 1 tell you that bcuz after the surgery the rest is up to you, good luck

I understand that I need to make reasonable goals so I don't feel like I failed and I would honestly be happy at 200lbs. But with that being said I also know if I set my mind to it I could loose enough weight to be at my healthy weight for my height. I just didn't like the way she said it. Working for a bariatric surgeon shouldn't she be more positive?

Start weight was 308 now 245, had surgery January 29th.

Start weight was 308 now 245, had surgery January 29th.

That's amazing!

When I started the process I was 453. Day of surgery 8 months later I was 371. Surgery was June 4th, as of last week I was 231 and still losing. Slower than before, but still losing. Determined to get to goal.

I was 357 at my highest weight and 325 when I first met with my surgeon. 307 on my day of surgery 2/28/13. I'm a tall lady, 6'1" and my goal for myself is 220 and I've gotten as low as 225 but have been struggling lately with some emotional eating issues. The goal you set for yourself is personal and I admire your determination. I think the PA's concern was probably that the surgery alone won't get you there. I was told I could expect to lose 60% of my excess weight from the surgery and the rest was up to me. That last part is very true, at least for me it is. The closer I get to my goal the more illusive it becomes. Ironic, no? I am now one of those women I used to despise who fret over 5lbs! Kinda funny really.