Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do honestly believe the sleeve is the way to go!!!!! I will say that I went to Mexico to Dr Alvarez and LOVED him!!!!!! I am still in contact with the lady that had the sleeve the same day as myself, we have became extremely close. Now she weighed only about 220 day of surgery and she's at like 120 lbs now. We've lost weight at the same pace just a big difference in start weight so of course she looks tiny compared to me!!! She had the same large middle as myself but she is almost nothing now and very little skin. She's also 10 years older than me and her skin has tightened up well I'm 36 and she's 46

However she's had only one child and I've had 3. I have not always been large either. When I was 30 years old I weighed 199-200 lbs and in high school I was about 130 lbs and early to late 20's I stayed around 150 to 170. Just to give some background :) thank you guys for listening

My highest was 351 and i got down to 306 by the day of surgery. I had my operation 4/21/14 and am down 30lbs so far. A little slower than I'd like, but I know that if I added in exercise it would help. I have lost a total of 75 lbs now, though, and am so happy about it overall. Still a ways to go, but we will all get there :)

Nice job!!

I think we all wish it went faster!! I 'only' lost a few lbs the past couple of months... But it does cone off and I'm soooo much better than I was 16 mo ago before :)

I look back and think sometimes why am I feeling down because I haven't reached my intended goal... I went from a size 24/26 plus size to a size 14 and I can pull them down without even unbuttoning them lol I can wear miss me jeans in a size 32 or 34 depending in the fit... So why am I feeling down... It's the flubber and skin that's just hanging around... I lost ALOT I started at 333 lbs day of surgery and at last weigh in I was 220, however it's been several weeks so I need to weigh again!!

I guess I need to put the good in front of the ugly bad that can be hidden well under my clothes! But I'd like to look good out of my clothes as well.. I don't mean like a model but just decent and not gross lol

I lost the most of my weight within the first few months then it slowed down! I was down 45 lbs the first month!! It felt great!!

My goal is 150 lbs! And then plastics!!! Lol good luck everyone!!!! It's worth it!

I had the sleeve btw, I wasn't sure if everyone here was sleeve or just a mixture! I think the different surgeries make a difference as well!!

It has been exactly one year for me!

I look back and think sometimes why am I feeling down because I haven't reached my intended goal... I went from a size 24/26 plus size to a size 14 and I can pull them down without even unbuttoning them lol I can wear miss me jeans in a size 32 or 34 depending in the fit... So why am I feeling down... It's the flubber and skin that's just hanging around... I lost ALOT I started at 333 lbs day of surgery and at last weigh in I was 220, however it's been several weeks so I need to weigh again!! I guess I need to put the good in front of the ugly bad that can be hidden well under my clothes! But I'd like to look good out of my clothes as well.. I don't mean like a model but just decent and not gross lol I lost the most of my weight within the first few months then it slowed down! I was down 45 lbs the first month!! It felt great!! My goal is 150 lbs! And then plastics!!! Lol good luck everyone!!!! It's worth it! I had the sleeve btw, I wasn't sure if everyone here was sleeve or just a mixture! I think the different surgeries make a difference as well!! It has been exactly one year for me!

Wow congrats on your year and loss!!

You are doing amazing- I get the extra skin thing!! Your doing awesome

My official start weight at the beginning of the program according to my hospital was 311. My higest weight was 335. I went into surgery at 294. Came out and was 306 due to the fluids! Right now I'm 256 at 2.5 months out.

HW: 375.4

CW: 277.0

Surgery was just under 4 months ago....the sleeve is the best thing I have done for myself! I would not change a thing. This tool is a great tool and I learn more about it every day. We can all do this, one day at a time!!

My losses dropped to about 2-3 pounds a month before I got to goal. I had to make big changes to get to goal - I worked with a NUT to figure it out. Lots of us that were very high BMI never do get to a "normal" BMI and I think that is okay too! This is a time to really think about what you really want, what is realistic to maintain and all that.

I started at 308, I weigh about 140 now. Is my life that much better then it was when I weighed 160? No it really isn't.

Plastics helped alot with me seeing myself in a "better" light but I noticed that people who don't reach a certain "self love" even with the skin are never happy with their plastics either. Like, I still have extra skin on the side of my torso, sorta the "side boob" thing. I have very little if any "extra fat" it's all skin and there is no practical solution to it... but I don't mind too much, I still love how I look. If I ever get bummed about it, I just look around at other 50 year old women and realize that I look pretty damn good even compared to those who were never super morbidly obese like I was so "get over it cowgirl"!

I look back and think sometimes why am I feeling down because I haven't reached my intended goal... I went from a size 24/26 plus size to a size 14 and I can pull them down without even unbuttoning them lol I can wear miss me jeans in a size 32 or 34 depending in the fit... So why am I feeling down... It's the flubber and skin that's just hanging around... I lost ALOT I started at 333 lbs day of surgery and at last weigh in I was 220, however it's been several weeks so I need to weigh again!!
I guess I need to put the good in front of the ugly bad that can be hidden well under my clothes! But I'd like to look good out of my clothes as well.. I don't mean like a model but just decent and not gross lol
I lost the most of my weight within the first few months then it slowed down! I was down 45 lbs the first month!! It felt great!!
My goal is 150 lbs! And then plastics!!! Lol good luck everyone!!!! It's worth it!
I had the sleeve btw, I wasn't sure if everyone here was sleeve or just a mixture! I think the different surgeries make a difference as well!!
It has been exactly one year for me!

My losses also are 1-3 lbs a month near goal. I had to really push to get under 200 lbs including spending A LOT of money for personal training. That got me the last 27 lbs and down to 182ish. I am still not a normal BMI and may never be there. I have 9 lbs more to go. In fact I met my personal goal of 187 and am just going to see if I end up a bit lower by continuing this slow but sustained effort. Not sure if I ever will have plastics though my arms are like umbrellas for small children and my boobs like slinkies that have been over stretched. Oh well. I am 23% BF and for a 48 year old woman that is damn good. So be happy - keep striving if you want but I for one am happy and at a weight my 315 lb self never thought to see again.

I notice that must sleeves are in the high 200's but is there anyone who started higher. My weight day off was 362 give or take a pound....my doctor told me the most common procedure for my weight was the bypass but the long term results are very much the same. Im 5'7" but I definitely strated off way bigger than some posts I see...just curious to know I'd I'm alone lol Dstined4gr8tnes

I started 454 down 148 pounds in 7

Months and still losing lost 61 percent of my access weight!!! It's all about whst you put in weight loss slowed n I can eat more but I'm still restricted n working at it! My doctor NEVER suggested the bypass at all

17 months post-op. Starting weight 332 and currently 177...down 155 lbs and still going :)

At what point did it become harder? I've lost 86 (28 of that was preop). Starting weight 325. Surgery was 3/13/14 so I know I've done great in 4.5 months but I'm starting to have to work a lot harder. I've been at 238-240 for what seems like forever (only 2 weeks but feels like forever). I'm increasing my exercise. What "levels" did you start to have to do extra work?

I love this thread, it helps alot. I'm getting the sleeve on Aug 25th and have been having a lot of second guessing. I know the sleeve is the right choice for ME but I can't help being afraid I won't lose like I want. Knowing others have succeeded with it helps alot. Thank you all for sharing.

Janey my losses crawled to a halt about 7 months post op. I was just under 200, looking and feeling good. And truly had obtained "success". I had to do some soul searching about kicking it up a notch and doing what it would take to get all the way to my personal goal. I got advice from NUT and just kept on working that sleeve!

Here is the blessing, since the weight didn't just "fall off" I had to learn behavior that has helped me tremendously in maintenance.

I hit goal In Feb 2013 and have been maintaining since..currently about 15 pounds under my goal.

I find what works for me has been using my fitness pal. As long as I'm diligent in using it and track my calories I stay on track and consistently lose. Life this summer has been hectic, including an out of state move, and the last two months I haven't been using it. Guess what, not only have I not lost any weight, I've gained 8 lbs when I got I the scales yesterday! So today, I'm back on it. I've logged my food, packed my lunch and healthy Snacks, and measured all my food. I've worked so hard to get this far, and I'm determined that scale isn't going any further the other way! I'm of the opinion I know what I need to do and how to do it. If I don't and resort to old habits (which is sooo easy to), then the sleeve is if no benefit to me. I'm so close to goal, and I'm determined to get there! :)