Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op and doing great! Walked almost a mile today with no complications. On a soft-food diet and trying to figure out exactly when to stop eating before I hit that too full feeling. (Eating very little - eyes are much bigger than stomach!) Trying really hard to change my ways. Any suggestions??

Is Anyone from Houston' date=' Tx ?[/quote']

From Beaumont

From Beaumont

When is your surgery?

Sheely22. I am so old. I am turning 45 next month

Didn't you hear? Forty is the new thirty! ; )

How r u all doin

Well if 40 is the new 30, than 50 got to be the new 40....lol...will be 52 on July 28....7 day postop doing great, will start puree monday, not hungry at all, getting in fluids and protiens now, I just wondering will it be as smooth on monday when I take my puree meats? ...good luck to all getting surgeies today and upcoming, stay positive and focus u will get through this, and follow the preop diets it soooooo important...:-)

I am 7 day post op. I have lost 14 lbs. this week! my gas pain went away about the 4th day. I had been walking 2-3 miles per day post op for the gas. sunday night after walking 2 miles I was depleted! no energy. completely zapped. I tried to eat some broth but just kept needing Water. a few sips into the broth my stomach got very upset and had to rush to restroom. I took shower to try and cool down. after I was still real weak and jittery. I went to er for dehydration. I have had to take it a little easier. I am having to learn to listen to my body more. we were only walking around 8pm, so sun was down. problem was I was sweating and release more fluids than I was taking in. still very glad for the loss this is the smallest I have been in over 10yrs.

I am 7 day post op. I have lost 14 lbs. this week! my gas pain went away about the 4th day. I had been walking 2-3 miles per day post op for the gas. sunday night after walking 2 miles I was depleted! no energy. completely zapped. I tried to eat some broth but just kept needing Water. a few sips into the broth my stomach got very upset and had to rush to restroom. I took shower to try and cool down. after I was still real weak and jittery. I went to er for dehydration. I have had to take it a little easier. I am having to learn to listen to my body more. we were only walking around 8pm, so sun was down. problem was I was sweating and release more fluids than I was taking in. still very glad for the loss this is the smallest I have been in over 10yrs.

Get some rest. I think when you can start with some food it will be better. I lived off the sf pop sickles for the first week because Jello and chicken broth made me sick just thinking about them. Eat some mash potatoes or some thing that you can. I did that and felt much better. Hugs to you! I hope it gets better for you.

Yesterday I went back to work. Exactly 14 days after surgery. OUCH! I got some serous muscle and joint pain. I did not work too hard. I work with sick babies so lifting nothing over 10 lbs. Twelve hour shift kicked my butt. I came home and placed a heating pad on my back and for the first time since surgery I took pain medication. No pain medications after surgery but 2 weeks out for muscle pain? Really Odd. My son had some of the same issues after his surgery. Has this happened to any of you guys? I called the Dr and waiting for a response.

Yesterday I went back to work. Exactly 14 days after surgery. OUCH! I got some serous muscle and joint pain. I did not work too hard. I work with sick babies so lifting nothing over 10 lbs. Twelve hour shift kicked my butt. I came home and placed a heating pad on my back and for the first time since surgery I took pain medication. No pain medications after surgery but 2 weeks out for muscle pain? Really Odd. My son had some of the same issues after his surgery. Has this happened to any of you guys? I called the Dr and waiting for a response.

I'm on day 7 and I took some pain meds today. I only take them when I'm sore and need to really relax. I've found that on the days I do take them and really relax I'm better the next day.

Yes MAM I grew up in Avondale...haha we were neighbors...small world..if you don't mind me asking how old are you..I am 39

I am older than you. I turn 45 next month. But I feel and act like I am in my twenty's. Despite the fact that my kids made me a grand mother at age 39. I was 18 when I met them and they were 6,4 and 2. So now they are 32,30 and 28. Our youngest daughter is turning 21 in August. I must say I love my grand girls and people always tell me my kids look just like me and I smile and say they are my grand children. The looks I get!!!!!!! I just smile and say, I use great moisturizer and It make me looks 20 years younger. People thing I am in my late 20's or 30's. Having a fat face helps, I have not wrinkles.

Do I take my laptop?? I am going tomorrow!!!

No, I slept the entire time. They will probably have a tv. I never watched tv. I seriously slept the whole time.

I brought my mini iPad and never used it...when I wasn't sleeping, I was "out of it." :)