Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for what to tell people?

Wow. People sure do look for offence where there is none.

If you do not want to tell people then don't tell people I see no one, let me repeat that, no one, in this thread saying you should tell the world you have WLS. If you want to keep it private then keep it private. Your choice.

What I do see and what I do agree with is people asking others not to lie. I see people asking others to either say nothing or be honest. What strikes me as so very, very sad is that this needs to even be said.

I am astounded actually at how many people in this thread have recommended lying. What a sad and sorry state of affairs for society when others deem it acceptable to lie without thought for consequence.

Dishonesty is repulsive and unattractive and all those who advocate outright dishonesty signal to me to be people I would not care to know.

There is nothing wrong with discretion. There is nothing wrong with the truth. Active dishonesty though, conscious lying about your surgery (or anything really) is justlain wrong. And no amount of coming back and trying to justify your lying and dishonesty is going to change that.

Say nothing or tell the truth. Simple. Don't lie. You do yourself and others no favours by bullshitting (or attempting to bullshit) others.

No thank you! Not well said...

Ok this thread has alot of hypocrits(sp) posting. First no one on here can say they have never lied. And if you say you dont your telling a lie. I understand about telling the truth because most of us could careless how people concieve how we took a very big step in making sure we have a future. If you have to lie then lie, thats it. I just hope one day for the ones who want to keep it a secret will tell others that way more people will get to see how truely amazing this surgery is and how it saved your life. And maybe it just might save someone elses. What ever you choose that is your decision and be proud of it.

No thank you! Not well said...

I think she is just trying to say put all the bullshit to the side. Either be honest and open or choose to be discreet. To each Is own. But when people lie sometimes it just digs a deeper hole. Idk that's what i got out of it.

Ok this thread has alot of hypocrits(sp) posting. First no one on here can say they have never lied. And if you say you dont your telling a lie. I understand about telling the truth because most of us could careless how people concieve how we took a very big step in making sure we have a future. If you have to lie then lie' date=' thats it. I just hope one day for the ones who want to keep it a secret will tell others that way more people will get to see how truely amazing this surgery is and how it saved your life. And maybe it just might save someone elses. What ever you choose that is your decision and be proud of it.[/quote']

I've never lie, I'm perfect !!! Yeah fuckin right ! LM F A O

Have "you people" ever heard that life is not just black and white???

Look around all the colors of the rainbow! Including shades of gray..

It's not about being "truthful" or "lying" it's called life and using your own personal discretion on what to to say, when to say it and whom to say it to!

Some situations may not be coming from a honest or safe place, Some may.

I think most of us here are intelligent to know the difference.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Since when is NOT telling your personal business LYING? ???? geez LMAO

It's not the "NOT telling your personal business" that is lying. It's the lie everyone tells others about why they were off work or how they have lost weight. A lie is a lie anyway you spin it.

You can always say you went to a (fat camp) and you met the love of your life and lost 15lbs having sex for the last 21 days.lmbo. People take time off everyday for some reason or another. Either for vacation or you decided to finaly use your sick days that you have built up forever. Like I said earlier, you need the time for you thats all they need to know. The plus if they notice you have lost weight tell them thats what happens when you finaly get the chance to take care of yourself.

;) well said or should I say posted lol

I told everyone that my gallbladder needs to be removed. I figured I might run in to trouble later if my gallbladder REALLY needs to be removed, but I'll cross that bridge when/ if I get to it.

My problem now, it that two other coworkers have come in saying they need their gallbladders removed too, and wanted to know why my surgery and recovery will be different. Sigh. I broadened my great lie with, they found something in one of my pre-op tests and are not just going in to remove my gallbladder. When they asked for more details I told them it was a bunch of long medical words I haven't had time to research yet, but my doc didn't look worried.

I've never spun a web of lies like this before, I'm no good at it. Lol. I'm sure this will all snow ball down on me later.

I told everyone that my gallbladder needs to be removed. I figured I might run in to trouble later if my gallbladder REALLY needs to be removed' date=' but I'll cross that bridge when/ if I get to it.

My problem now, it that two other coworkers have come in saying they need their gallbladders removed too, and wanted to know why my surgery and recovery will be different. Sigh. I broadened my great lie with, they found something in one of my pre-op tests and are not just going in to remove my gallbladder. When they asked for more details I told them it was a bunch of long medical words I haven't had time to research yet, but my doc didn't look worried.

I've never spun a web of lies like this before, I'm no good at it. Lol. I'm sure this will all snow ball down on me later.[/quote']

This is exactly why some people think its better to say the truth . U end up digging deeper into the lie.

It's not the "NOT telling your personal business" that is lying. It's the lie everyone tells others about why they were off work or how they have lost weight. A lie is a lie anyway you spin it.

And y'all care what I/we say or tell others.. Why?

Judge Not Lest You Be Judged

This is exactly why some people think its better to say the truth . U end up digging deeper into the lie.

No kidding! Lol. If I had known how big it would have gotten, I would have done things differently. Not going back now. The people I work very closely with 40 hours a week are mostly all very judgemental.

I was surprised to log in today and see that there are 2 additional pages lol. I honestly don't get why people care what we say.

Because when people are busy judging others, they don't have deal with their own insecurities and failures for the moment.

It's a feel good thing, I guess.