Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 weeks out. Started (pre-op) at 256. Lost to 246 day of surgery. First 2 weeks, I lost 15 lbs, to 229.

In the past month? 2 pounds.

I eat 4 meals generally. Yogurt. chicken. Shrimp. Fish. Hummus. SF popsicles. coffee, crystal light, Water. No intolerances.

No I am not writing down every bite I eat. I have been on a diet since I was 12. I don't need to look to see that 2 slices of deli turkey is a serving and weighs about 1 ounce. Been there for 40 years. I know how to do this part.

No sugar. Few carbs - 50 ish/day. Occasional bite of veggies/salad

I have upped calories. Lowered calories. Upped Protein, lowered Protein. Upped fluids. Upped carbs, lowered carbs.

I do Water exercise 5 days a week. I have lost 10 inches.

I really don't drink as much as I should. But I try.

I'm done. I think I am one of the true sleeve failures.

So, my choices now?

I am trying to just let it go, eat like a regular person - have always been a "clean" eater, just way too much.

Not now. 3 ounces and I am full.

I will just live my life.

I put the scale in the car.

Sooooooooo sad.

Ditching the scale was a great step, I finally ditched mine. I am weighing only once a week now. I'm very sorry that you feel so discouraged. I know you said you don't log food, I find it very helpful to track mine. As for being a slow loser.... welcome to the club. I think we all feel like a slow loser at times, some more than others. I stall and I lose, it seems to be almost cyclical. Don't give up, you're worth the effort! Best wishes

Goodness... Hang in there. Only time I seem to lose is when it sneaks up and surprises me. I suck at losing, but I refuse to give up. I too have been dieting for Gazillion years and this my last resort.. DON'T GIVE UP, We will get there!

6 weeks is very, very early out. You are working through a lifetime of issues with food and weight challenges. Vsg isn't a race or a bandaid. It isn't a cure. Every person's experience and outcome is different. So what if it takes years instead of this? You will never get to eat as you did before, so there isn't a timer and won't ever be a chance for you to return to your old ways. Don't be so hard on yourself.

wow and you wonder who you got where your at

Don't mean to sound mean but we have all dieted our whole life. That being said you must log what goes in your month. You can not remember all day long what you have tasted or ate and calculate the calories let alone the Protein and carbs. For going thru all the hoops before surgery and then going thru the surgery, you sure are giving up quickly. It seems many of us gave you advise not too long ago. Have you taken any? I am a hard head and it sounds like you fit that category also. Please track for 1 month. Stay between 600-800 calories, 60-100 gr Protein and 48-64 oz liquid. I guarantee you will start losing.

Best of luck.

Good day... I am 18 months out. I too remember that dreaded stall which lasted nearly 4 weeks on me. If you are truly doing everything you're suppose to do. YOU WILL BE REWARDED! Be patient, measure yourself and just keep plugging away at your Protein and Water. One day you will get on the scale and OMG, 6 lbs will have fallen off. This surgery is like jumping stairs. There are times that it seems you are stuck on one run for a long time, but then you seem to jump 2 or 3 at a time. I sincerely was depressed at your stage, my sister who was before me, never had such a long stall, although she did hit the fall a few times. This truly does work if you put in the effort. Congratulations on what you have done and remember it's a marathon not a sprint.

I am going to "follow you" - got a feeling this isn't how things will end :) Don't give up ... never give up! Maybe a few sessions with a NUT would help?

I'm so sorry--I feel your pain. I was at about the same rate of loss as you at 6 weeks, maybe even a little less. I'm closing in on 13 weeks post-op and I'm at about 30 to 35 pounds down--so now almost double. It does add up and it's still faster than I've lost weight any other way. The only other suggestions I have are to change up your exercise if you can--like maybe add some brisk walking to the Water aerobics, and really, really make it a priority to get in at least 80 oz of water a day. It's easy to sort of tune it out when people tell us that bc it's said so much, but for me it makes or breaks if I can lose at all. The other thing that matters for my body is making sure I get enough rest. I never lose weight on the weeks that I don't sleep enough.

I'm in a six week stall right now after 7 months. Its ok to me. I have lost a lot and feel so much better. I have 20-30 lbs to go. It may happen, it may not. Whatever the outcome, I am significantly better off than I was before. Don't measure your progress with that of others. It is about you, not how you compare to everyone else.

Thanks for the support and suggestions. :)

I lose slow too. Initially the weight loss was fast but has now slowed to a snails pace. I'm not going to be writing down every bite I take either. I'm not going to concern myself with how many carbs, how much sugar etc. I eat pretty well and sure as heck am not eating too much. I just lose slower than I'd like. I'm not complaining - just stating the fact.

Hang in there Suzanne. I think that both you and I will lose eventually (how could we not??) and turn into the goddesses we really were meant to be.

I like Dr Phil and something he always says is "how's that workin for you?" So think about this. You say you don't need to log cuz you've dieted for X amount if years, but you feel like a failure, so how's that workin for you? Not everyone logs what they eat, for me it works but I don't think everyone has to do it. So if you're unhappy with results, try something new. At least it will give you an idea of how many calories you are eating, maybe it's not enuf or you're eating too many carbs, etc. keep workin on it, this is a lifetime change and you just need to find your "groove" so to speak.

And honestly, I think you need a little more time to decide that you have failed at this surgery, you are still newly sleeved. Give it some time, you didn't gain all your weight in one month and you sure as heck are not going to lose it in one month either. Good luck!

I am on my 2nd sleeve, I can't stay on a liquid diet for another 2 weeks. I had to add an once of fish and juice some veggies. I was literally fainting. O am scared to stretch this thing out again. I stay under 1,000cals and use spark people.com