Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That I wish I'd gone to cancun for surgery ...

There are cute doctors everywhere. ;)

There are cute doctors everywhere. ;)

Not in Cancun. :-) I went there.

Not in Cancun. :-) I went there.

Oh, well.....there goes my theory. :P

She got her revenge..onto her next victim..

I think you have made your point MANY times over. Let it go.

I have been reading these related threads the last few days but felt since I wasn't involved in any way I should refrain from commenting. But since I work in a hospital I have seen instances where doctors had inappropriate relationships with patients. Doesn't always mean sex, flirtation is more common but is NOT appropriate behavior for a physician. It isn't usually reported at the time because the patients involved seemed either ashamed right after the fact and wanted to forget it, or they were enthralled with their doctor and the doctor strung them along for a time hoping to avoid disciplinary action. Regardless of consent, doctors are always in a position of power over patients. That is why any hospital or clinic worth their salt takes disciplinary action against doctors who abuse the doctor-patient relationship. Mine certainly does, and they do investigate the incidents carefully.

As for the rampant **** shaming that has gone on in these threads - I am appalled and disgusted. You ladies should be ashamed of yourselves. Another member corroborated her story and other patients alleged similar behavior from this doctor. Even if you don't believe her story or you took her retraction as truth, you stooped to the gutter level by outing her and harassing her. This man wasn't fired and I'm betting based on Dr. Garcia's Facebook message that he will be exonerated, rightly or wrongly. So congratulations to those who have a misguided mission of protecting this doctor's unethical behavior.

You may think this story is clear-cut and that this is an obvious instance of a woman scorned, but consider this: I was raped in college and beaten in the course of the attack. I did everything I was supposed to -went to the hospital, had painful and invasive tests, filed a police report, had my day in court. From the day my rapist was arrested I was harassed and **** shamed by his girlfriend, his friends, and the university itself. I was threatened with bodily harm and death. I was called a crazy **** who had buyers remorse. My rapist's defense attorney convinced the jury of this too and he was acquitted. I am not saying my story is similar to the story at hand, but what is similar and deeply troubling is the way women gang up on each other rather than support each other. I grow so tired of it.

In Australia everyone is innocent until proved guilty. Sounds like it's the other way around in America.

My story is proof that innocent until proven guilty is alive and well in the US. So, unfortunately, is patriarchy. And thanks to patriarchy, proof (in my case, vaginal trauma and contusions) is ignored and maligned by cultural norms and expectations.

I have been reading these related threads the last few days but felt since I wasn't involved in any way I should refrain from commenting. But since I work in a hospital I have seen instances where doctors had inappropriate relationships with patients. Doesn't always mean sex' date=' flirtation is more common but is NOT appropriate behavior for a physician. It isn't usually reported at the time because the patients involved seemed either ashamed right after the fact and wanted to forget it, or they were enthralled with their doctor and the doctor strung them along for a time hoping to avoid disciplinary action. Regardless of consent, doctors are always in a position of power over patients. That is why any hospital or clinic worth their salt takes disciplinary action against doctors who abuse the doctor-patient relationship. Mine certainly does, and they do investigate the incidents carefully.

As for the rampant **** shaming that has gone on in these threads - I am appalled and disgusted. You ladies should be ashamed of yourselves. Another member corroborated her story and other patients alleged similar behavior from this doctor. Even if you don't believe her story or you took her retraction as truth, you stooped to the gutter level by outing her and harassing her. This man wasn't fired and I'm betting based on Dr. Garcia's Facebook message that he will be exonerated, rightly or wrongly. So congratulations to those who have a misguided mission of protecting this doctor's unethical behavior.

You may think this story is clear-cut and that this is an obvious instance of a woman scorned, but consider this: I was raped in college and beaten in the course of the attack. I did everything I was supposed to -went to the hospital, had painful and invasive tests, filed a police report, had my day in court. From the day my rapist was arrested I was harassed and **** shamed by his girlfriend, his friends, and the university itself. I was threatened with bodily harm and death. I was called a crazy **** who had buyers remorse. My rapist's defense attorney convinced the jury of this too and he was acquitted. I am not saying my story is similar to the story at hand, but what is similar and deeply troubling is the way women gang up on each other rather than support each other. I grow so tired of it.[/quote']

Exactly right. These threads have been just awful all around and you summarized it very well. I'm sorry to hear about such an experience in your past that allowed you to relate to the bad behavior.

Thank you for speaking up. I hope and pray we all learn and grow as better people and I hope you have found peace and that the OP finds peace as well.

My story is proof that innocent until proven guilty is alive and well in the US. So' date=' unfortunately, is patriarchy. And thanks to patriarchy, proof (in my case, vaginal trauma and contusions) is ignored and maligned by cultural norms and expectations.[/quote']

There are many support groups for women who have been raped and/or sexually abused. This is a support group for VSG. I hope you can find a good support group to help you.

There are many support groups for women who have been raped and/or sexually abused. This is a support group for VSG. I hope you can find a good support group to help you.

I posted my story because I am sick of the s1ut shaming that I saw going on here on this forum, where it does NOT belong, not to be patronized. You need to grow up, lady.

I have been reading these related threads the last few days but felt since I wasn't involved in any way I should refrain from commenting. But since I work in a hospital I have seen instances where doctors had inappropriate relationships with patients. Doesn't always mean sex, flirtation is more common but is NOT appropriate behavior for a physician. It isn't usually reported at the time because the patients involved seemed either ashamed right after the fact and wanted to forget it, or they were enthralled with their doctor and the doctor strung them along for a time hoping to avoid disciplinary action. Regardless of consent, doctors are always in a position of power over patients. That is why any hospital or clinic worth their salt takes disciplinary action against doctors who abuse the doctor-patient relationship. Mine certainly does, and they do investigate the incidents carefully.

You may think this story is clear-cut and that this is an obvious instance of a woman scorned, but consider this: I was raped in college and beaten in the course of the attack. I did everything I was supposed to -went to the hospital, had painful and invasive tests, filed a police report, had my day in court. From the day my rapist was arrested I was harassed and **** shamed by his girlfriend, his friends, and the university itself. I was threatened with bodily harm and death. I was called a crazy **** who had buyers remorse. My rapist's defense attorney convinced the jury of this too and he was acquitted. I am not saying my story is similar to the story at hand, but what is similar and deeply troubling is the way women gang up on each other rather than support each other. I grow so tired of it.

My thought is that this topic has been discussed enough and that at this point we are beating a dead horse over the head.. Dr Garcia is taking whatever action he deems necessary and/or appropriate. I think it is time to move on for those of us who were not there and have no clue what really happened. I see people bring up stories about "I was raped too!" etc etc, which I think has no place in this discussion. To personalize this is inappropriate. I am sorry you were raped, I am. Rape is a horrible thing. But that 'may' not be what happened here. You only have to read her blogs to realize there 'may' be more to the story. Was it inappropriate? Absolutely!!! But the fact remains that we have NO CLUE what really happened. Like her, Dr Luna also deserves to have his side of the story told. It would be a scary day when all we had to do is hear a story to deem it true. At this point, both her and the proper authorities need to take it where it needs to go. Not a lynch mob of forum members who have only heard one side of the story.

I posted my story because I am sick of the s1ut shaming that I saw going on here on this forum' date=' where it does NOT belong, not to be patronized. You need to grow up, lady.[/quote']

Bklyn, first off I am so sorry for what you had to experience. I agree with you, while I do not know who has wronged who while following this thread, I too am stunned at the degree of toxicity and the continuous stream of venom that spews forth so easily from so many women who are most likely normally decent compassionate people in their everyday lives. So many are too willing to cast stones and speak so harshly without the benefit of knowledge of the whole story.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

It's unfortunate how many people are incapable of critical thinking or reading skills on this forum. As I thought I made perfectly clear before, the only thing my story has in common with the girl in question's is that s1ut shaming can happen to anyone, regardless of how much proof is presented and it is always inappropriate and wrong. It has no place in any type of support group. You all are so sure of what you think happened but none of you seem to be aware your reactions/responses are conditioned. Thoughtfulness is a virtue, though it is quickly disappearing from our society, I'm afraid.

I'm sure the doctor had his chance to explain himself. It certainly helped him that the girl retracted her statement. Even in the US doctors are afforded the opportunity because they are so hard to replace. You can be sure Mexico is no different, especially with prevailing machismo attitudes.

I would agree about this beating a dead horse, but the next time a patient goes through a similar experience and they seek support, they should know there are thoughtful people out there who will listen and not judge. Such folks are outnumbered unfortunately.