Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks Post-op with no weight loss for 6 days

Today I am 3 weeks post-op. I have had no weight loss for the last 6 days. In fact, I went UP 3 pounds from my lowest point. I'm getting frustrated and don't know what I can do to get the weight loss going again.

Its very normal for your weight loss to stop at some point. At one month I only lost around 3 lbs and the next months I lost 15 lbs.

Just make sure you're not starving yourself and keep drinking Water. walk 20 mins if the doctor allowed it.

Good luck!!

Dang it....I've been there too and it stinks. The dreaded 3-week stall! I FREAKED OUT when I actually gained a pound during that time.

Contacted the nutrionist at the surgeons office (because I was convinced I was going to be one of the people the sleeve surgery didn't work for.) Her exact words, "Relax. It is normal for weight to flucuate, especially after surgery. You do have restriction there. Just keep doing what you are doing and the weight will come off."

She was right of course. Seems like when I have a stall or even gain, it's always right before I have a dramatic drop in weight. My weightloss has not been a smooth downward track, it looks more like steps...down then flat.....down then flat.

You keep doing what you are doing and you will lose. May have a few more stalls along the way too. You are welcome to read my blog as I started at roughly the same weight but am only a few weeks ahead of you. http://hoosierfatty.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/three-week-stall-weight-and-diet/

Good luck!

Thanks ! It's good to hear from people who have had the same issue! It just gets so frustrating when I think about how little I'm taking in. And I think going up 3 pounds is what has been the most frustrating! This is the part where, before surgery, I would typically blow the diet. Good thing about being post surgery, I CAN'T go off diet! lol

Today I am 3 weeks post-op. I have had no weight loss for the last 6 days. In fact' date=' I went UP 3 pounds from my lowest point. I'm getting frustrated and don't know what I can do to get the weight loss going again.[/quote']

I had my surgery April 3 and I haven't lost any since Monday, I'm just trying to stay positive but it is very fustrating

I feel exactly the same way, Angel... Here's hoping we both start on the downhill slide again soon!

I feel your pain also had surgery april 3 and I have not lost anything since Friday.. I also got my cycle so that might have something to do with it but it is truley annoying..can't wait to see that scale move again.. hanging in there..

I had surgery 4/8 and this week have not lost anything and it is sooooo frustrating!!! I know stalls happen but Geez!!! The thought crossed my mind to go ask my doc for my stomach back.., lol. Seriously though, after some thought this has actually just re-emphasized why I needed this surgery. If I am only consuming 600-700 calories and not losing there was no way with diet alone my body would be able to lose the weight I need and keep it off (at least not while remaining sane) I know I made the right choice!!!! This to shall pass....

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I knew stalls were going to happen but they are not good for our spirits. My love affair with food has ended and to add insult to this I have stopped losing weight, too. I have heard over and over again to hang in there and be patient so that's what I am doing. You are right - we have no choice now so that is a very good thing!

Today I am 3 weeks post-op. I have had no weight loss for the last 6 days. In fact' date=' I went UP 3 pounds from my lowest point. I'm getting frustrated and don't know what I can do to get the weight loss going again.[/quote']

You are not alone. I was sleeved on 4/3... I lost 25 lbs then gained 3lbs...I too am at a stall for about a week. Every post I have read says it is common so I am not worried. We will get through it :)

Girl, you are doing great. One day soon those scales will drop, no worries the hard part is over... Committing to surgery and a new lifestyle.

Hang in there. I hit a stall at 3 weeks and it lasted 2 1/2 weeks. It was just ridiculous! The scales will

move again. Keep up the great work.

Same here! I had my surgery on April 2nd, lost 20 pounds the first 2 weeks and now have lost nothing in almost 2 weeks! It's so frustrating and depressing especially with how little we are consuming. I just don't understand it, I've never eaten so few calories in my life, how can I not be losing? This always happened to me when I would "diet" in the past and I would get so down that I would give up..Luckily I can't give up, but the feelings are the same..UGH..

This thread spoke to me!! I was sleeved 4/10 lost 24 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I haven't lost anything in over a week and I too gained 2 lbs. I've been so upset, I knew there would be a stall but the weight gain was just devastating. I even began counting calories and working out. I was thinking what if I never loose anymore weight!?!? Is that even possible?! I'm glad I'm not alone and I hope this stall ends soon for my sanity!

I finally did and you will, too. Just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing! I finally started losing again, just not as fast as in the beginning. But, weight off is a plus no matter how fast or slow it comes off. :) I know there will be other stalls in the future, but we just have to be patient and keep on keeping on!