Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to know honest calorie intake

Ok I'm not calling anyone a liar but there is something I just don't understand and that is calorie intake. The majority of people at the same time frame as me 3 days shy of 7 weeks eat 600-800 calories a day. At least that's what I've read. Is that honest? Cos I just don't even understand. For Breakfast I had this yogurt with honey mixed in it, I don't remember the name but I got it in the organic section cos it had 12 grams of Protein. That was 190 calories. I ate that at 8am. At 10:30 I had a string cheese which was 80 cal and 6g of protein. At 1 I had a pure Protein Shake that was 160 cal and 30g of protein. Just now 3:20 I had 2 lean cuisine spring rolls with a little bit of cocktail sauce so that is 173 cal but I rounded up to 175. That meal was only like 8g of protein. I've only drank Water and then a fuze low cal which is 10 calories. So total that is 615 calories and its only 3:30. I'll eat two more times, a snack and dinner so how do I keep both those under 185 cals total for an 800 cal limit?? I just don't understand how people stay so low. This is probably the lowest I've been all week and its still gonna be more that 800. Is 6-8 hundred calories really an honest amount or does everybody just differ dramatically. It's very strange. I can't even find food that low in calories. I really wish I would have researched way more before surgery. I thought I did but I really could use some more

I understand what you're talking about. My nutritionist wouldn't give me a daily calorie total. She just said to eat 5-6 small meals/snacks and to get in 71 grams of Protein each day. So that's what I have done. My calories end up between 700-900. But recently my doctor raised my daily Protein goal to 89 grams. I'll have to eat more to reach that. I hope my weight loss won't slow down!

How much protein do you need to get each day?

I do low calorie shakes (around 100 cal ), hard boiled eggs, tuna out if a can, imitation lobster meat, baked white fish, green peppers, other veggies and low fat and calorie Soups most days. i usually get 600-800 daily. It is all about making good choices. I try not to do processed food, tv dinners or anything that doesn't fit in my daily counts. i pre plan all my meals so I don't go crazy and get in too many calories. I'm not saying it is easy but it helps. I did have a day where I had a slice of pizza (didn't plan that meal out and totally learned my lesson. I get lazy if I don't plan and just grab what is around and smells good.) that day I had 1100 calories. I know that us not good for me so I worked my butt off at the gym and made sure the next day I lowered it to 650 for the rest of the week.

I am four weeks out and I am averaging 700-900 calories per day.

Yesterday I had 849 calories, 64 carbs, 33 fat and 75 Protein. I'm not even trying hard to be low calorie right now.. If I wanted to work at it.. I could get 70-80 grams of Protein with just 600 calories but I want to see what my body can do in the 700-900 calorie range.

If you want to consume fewer calories you definitely can do that and still hit your protein goals..

Here's an example of my Breakfast 1/2 cup cottage cheese 80 calories 13 grams of protein -vs- your honey yogurt 190 calories 12 grams of protein.

Or take my dinner 1/4 cup chicken and 1/4 cup green beans- 67 calories and 12 grams of protein. -vs- two spring rolls with 173 calories and 8 grams of protein.

I am 10 weeks out and I eat 600 a day. Some easy swaps for you are dannon light and fit Greek it's only 80 calories and. 12 grams Protein.< /p>

I'm not as far out as you so I don't necessarily know how much I will be able to eat. Right now I am 3 weeks out and i'm lucky to get 300-400 calories/day. You just have to really pay attention to calories. Sometimes the higher the Protein could mean higher the calories. Sometimes I'll eat hard boiled eggs and only eat the egg whites. Also I buy the sargento light string cheese and it's only 50 calories per stick.

I'm 10 weeks out and average 700-800 cals per day and my eating is all over the place! I'm talking from Taco Bell to grilled chicken and green veggies! I've managed a weight loss of 32.4 lbs during that time. I've seen many people post about what 'their' orders are from their Dr's and it's always different across the board. Mine wants me eating 60 grams of Protein a day and 64 oz of Water, though I hardly ever reach my goal I strive to meet it or at least come close. So far it's been working for me :)

You can view my food diary at my fitness pal. This will show you what I eat. 6 weeks out and I eat around 800 calories a day. I try to hit my Protein goal of 71 grams.

Laurenpdm

I eat between 500-700 cal per day, I have Never gone over 800 on a bad day. & I have increased my Protein to between 70-90 g/day. But my surgeon also told me he wasn't concerned about calories, just eat healthy. I use MFP for my own accountability & to keep track of my protein!

I'm 6 weeks and I get 600-800 calories.

My shakes are pure brand from Walmart, 110 calories, 20 G Protein and like 4 carbs.

Have you ever done the first phase of Atkins before? Thats almost what i try to follow. It seems like you're getting quite a few carbs (spring rolls). I don't eat bread. If I do it's a fluke "oh my gosh I must eat that now" kind of thing.

I'm sorry I didn't answer your message the other. Uh. Week. :/ I'll try to get back to you. I'm out the door right now.

I'm amberlylane13 on mfp if you'd like to see what I eat.

Well here is a calorie count from someone who is almost 2.5 years post-op. I generally keep my calories around >1,200 a day. I'm actively trying to lose some regain (I've lost -9lbs since Jan 1, 2013) eating around 1,200 a day.

This doesn't give the amounts but I put the calories in there. Yesterday was an oddball day because I don't normally drink shakes. But I had a hair appt. right at noon that lasted 2 hours so I drank my lunch.

Breakfast

Fat Free Half and Half - Land O Lakes 23

Egg Beaters 36

Mexican Style Four cheese 93

lunch

High Protein chocolate shake 160

dinner

chicken, Breast, meat Only Broiled 168

Egg, Whole - Cooked, Hard-boiled 81

Snacks

Greek Yogurt - 0% Fat 81

PB2 - Powdered Peanut Butter 45

pure protien bar 190

Honeycomb - Cereal 81

Peanut Butter snack Bar 100

calories were around 1,058 and about 127g Protein.< /p>

I have some days that go higher, for instance on Mon. I went to a pot-luck (and obv. didn't weigh and measure my food but I'm pretty good at eyeballing amounts by now) and my calories for the day ended up being over 1,700. It's EASY to go high-calorie without hardly even trying. It's a LOT harder to go low-cal. But as I said I'm trying to lose and the sleeve is my tool.

My hubby is also sleeved and is able to eat more calories than I can without gaining. (grrr!, lol) So everyone is vastly different.

I'm just over 4 months out and between 1000-1200 calories right now. Seems high but when I was at 700-900 I stalled upped it an have lost steadily for over a month.

I don't focus on any particular food just eat when hungry and drink 70+ oz of fluids...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I will tell you that my NUT told me to have 3 meals a day 4 hours in between 4 ounces each meal. I cannot manage a 6 oz cup of yogurt right now. My surgery was March 18th. Next phase I am allowed 2 - 2 ounce Snacks. I am sure my calories will go up even more but yes I am rangine 490 - 600 right now. I suppose it depends on your NUT's instructions on how many meals a day.

You can view my food diary at my fitness pal. This will show you what I eat. 6 weeks out and I eat around 800 calories a day. I try to hit my Protein goal of 71 grams.

Laurenpdm

Same with me...MyFitnessPal keeps me in check when I see the calories dwindling I conserve...I'm working on my carb intake now be my Protein Shots are around 70g a day....I've been in a stall for a week so ill change my foods around tomorrow (3 wks out) so I can trick my body....you should try the app it's great....also I'm staying away from "home cooked foods " Bc I find the caloric in take inaccurate

Same with me...MyFitnessPal keeps me in check when I see the calories dwindling I conserve...I'm working on my carb intake now be my Protein Shots are around 70g a day....I've been in a stall for a week so ill change my foods around tomorrow (3 wks out) so I can trick my body....you should try the app it's great....also I'm staying away from "home cooked foods " Bc I find the caloric in take inaccurate

Staying away from home cooked foods???? I just enter my recipe into MFP and it gives me an accurate calorie count.