Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

like I said, some days I get in enough, which is about 800-1200. But days like today I resort to the liquid calories just to get them in.:smile: I have read that 800-1200 calories help you stay out of starvation mode and help you lose.

like I said, some days I get in enough, which is about 800-1200. But days like today I resort to the liquid calories just to get them in.:smile: I have read that 800-1200 calories help you stay out of starvation mode and help you lose.

Yeah, that seems like an appropriate amount, although I've been in the higher range the past week or so. I had eaten about 900 yesterday and realized as I was getting ready for bed that I was STARVING so I at a piece of string cheese. Hopefully a fill will help.

Good luck with your fill dear!!!!

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. When are you getting yours?

So let us know when you hear from the school. Which school, BTW?

Hi gals!

I sure do have a lot of catching up to do!

First off a BIG Thank you to all the prayers and well wishes for my friend and his family. It has been stressful for all of us.

Denver~Happy belated birthday! Thanks for the PM and I hope to see you some time! I hope you are enjoying your new hairdo! I am over due for an appointment with my hairdresser.

Lap~Congrats on the beautiful bouncy baby boy! I love the name Christopher (that's my younger one's name), I used to call him Ferdie Bird and now I call him Tofie. I think most of you have met him. Christopher...great name! anyway, Lap, may your new grandbaby bring you many hugs and happiness!

Bahot~Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are ilncredible!! The look on your face explains how happy you are! Congrats, you have worked hard to get where you are! You look FAB!!!!!

Dee~Your 6 month pictures shows a big difference. Isin't it amazing how much our lives can change in just 6 months? Keep up the good work Dee! You have the "Love Bug Glow" and it suits you nicely. So where is this Traveling Pants exhibit? I would love to see it!

Adork~Thanks for taking on another weigh in challenge for us. I would like to loose 10#, I should be close to my 5k goal by the end of the 4 weeks, so my exercise goal is 30 minutes a day with 5k training every other day with strength training too. Sophie is beautiful!

Mini~Costa Rica! Sounds wonderful, did you say you can hold a baby Sloth? I think my oldest son is part Sloth...LOL I have a friend that offered his vacation home in Costa Rica anytime we wanted to go, can you believe we haven't gone yet? I know what is holding me back?!?! We have been talking about going for YEEEEARS!

MC Heather~ Congrats on the larges, that is a great victory! did all the nurses come down and check you out? That is awesome, did you feel like a model doing a runway show?

Thank Brutis for the kisses.

Deb~All paid and ready to go! I remember being freaked out after paying, but let me tell you, it is worth every penny! You deserve being healthy and happy! Congratulations! How is Tucker? He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Brandy~My neighbor was in Steamboat taking pictures of the events! Adult drinks? ...I agree with Mini (was it you Mini??), I'll have a vodka w/cranberry juice, or maybe a glass of wine. I went to Keystone over the weekend for the Bluegrass/Beer festival/Golf tournament and I had a little bit of beer, but I didn't care too much for it. Bahot's drinks sound yummy, maybe the next time I am at RR, I'll order one...we should all order one!!

WOOFAY~My dear friend...I miss you!!! 14's?!?! Holy thinness Batman! Way to go!

I will have to finish catching up later. I would LOVE to see some pictures from the BBQ and hear some stories too.

Hello Lap-Banders

We want to thank everyone who came to the BBQ on Saturday. We enjoyed spending time with each of you outside of the office. For those who could not make it we missed all of you. I have created a short movie of the day. We wish all of our patient's much success so keep up the great work! :thumbup:

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4433951673982218682&pr=goog-sl]Summer_BBQ_0001.wmv[/ame]

For those who won the Visa Cards we will send them this week.

Edited by purplelady

WOW!!! Natalie, you did a fabulous job putting together the BBQ! The video is wonderful, I loved seeing everyone.

I am so sorry I had to miss it.

Thanks Natalie!

WOW!!! Natalie, you did a fabulous job putting together the BBQ! The video is wonderful, I loved seeing everyone.

I am so sorry I had to miss it.

Thanks Natalie!

MAL!!! It's good to hear from you. How are you doing? How are your son and his friend? Any change?

hey Mini~Thanks for asking. My son went to visit him yesterday. No change. He will be in the ICU for a little over a week and then go to Craig for inpatient therapy. I am praying that when he gets to Craig we will see more progress. I was working on getting a bunch of pictures to make a collage and I came accross some of his drawings, they are amazing. Of course I balled for the rest of the day!

How is your band treating you?

hey Mini~Thanks for asking. My son went to visit him yesterday. No change. He will be in the ICU for a little over a week and then go to Craig for inpatient therapy. I am praying that when he gets to Craig we will see more progress. I was working on getting a bunch of pictures to make a collage and I came accross some of his drawings, they are amazing. Of course I balled for the rest of the day!

How is your band treating you?

Well, I hope there is some good news when he gets to Craig. How does he seem to be handling it emotionally? How about the friends who were with him?

My band is fine . . . have my first fill tomorrow! woohoo!

Hey all,

Purple lady, fantatic job on the video - wow all of you are so pretty! Nice to put some faces with the names. Hope to be there with you next summer.

Adok, thanks for keeping track of us. Like herding cats, huh?

Mal,good to hear the update. Be patient, progress comes slow with spinal cord injuries, but it does happen.

I am on pins and needles until my consult with Dr. K on Friday. It can not get here soon enough!!!

Okay, I have a question for all of you (well, not the newbies). I am getting my first fill tomorrow, and am hoping that my rate of loss will start to increase a bit.

So, for those of you who keep track of such things (and I know you do!) did your weight loss speed up after your first fill? Or was your biggest loss in the first month after surgery? I am worried that I will be stuck at 1 lb a week. I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks while doing liquids/full liquids, then less than 1 lb in the third week and 1.5 lbs in the 4th. I know 1 lb a week is considered perfectly acceptable weight loss, but I really would like to lose closer to 2. I'm going to kick up my exercise now though.

I guess it just depends on the person. I think I lost 26lbs in the first "liquid" month. The first month after my fill, I lost 13lbs. The second month I lost 13.4lbs, 12.6lb, and 11lbs the last 2 months. I have only received one fill. Dr K does says the goal is to lose appr. 8 lbs a month and that is why he hasn't tightened mine again. I think I may have gone too tight on the first fill but it has since become my "sweet spot." It takes a while to get use to it. I would suggest that you bring in a bottle of really cold Water. It was hard for me to tell when the water got hung up on the band because the water they had was room temperature. I can feel really cold water better and maybe that it why I might have been too tight at first. I hope this helps. Good luck with you fill!! My surgery was only 6 months ago and there is still some trial and error involved.

Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. When are you getting yours?

So let us know when you hear from the school. Which school, BTW?

I'm going in on the 19th for my fill. Haven't heard from the school, maybe tomorrow. It's either Liberty or Horizon Elementary. They will decide which.

Ok, the slide show cracked me up....Natalie knows Dee is "The One and Only Dee", and she knew about TOM! Too funny!!!!:thumbup::lol::wub:

You guys all look awesome! Wish I could have gone! Perhaps next year! We will really all be skinny by then!

Lotza...I am impatiently tapping my toes because you haven't let us know yet!!!! (I know, I am soooo impatient!)

Okay, I have a question for all of you (well, not the newbies). I am getting my first fill tomorrow, and am hoping that my rate of loss will start to increase a bit.

So, for those of you who keep track of such things (and I know you do!) did your weight loss speed up after your first fill? Or was your biggest loss in the first month after surgery?

My biggest loss was the month after surgery because of the restrictive diet. I did not get ANY restriction with my first 2 fills though. It took until my 3rd fill to finally get restriction.

I still had a good rate of loss though until about month 4&5 where I gained and lost the same few pounds. HTH's!

Hello Lap-Banders

We want to thank everyone who came to the BBQ on Saturday. We enjoyed spending time with each of you outside of the office. For those who could not make it we missed all of you. I have created a short movie of the day. We wish all of our patient's much success so keep up the great work! :wub:

Thanks Natalie for putting that together!!! That was so nice of you. Wish I could have been there! Looked like it was a blast!

Well ladies my first weigh in is a doosie! I spent a few hours in the ER last night with another gallbladder attack. Thankfully it is not infected so they didn't have to take it out last night. They pumped me full of IV fluids (two bags) and morphine... thank gawd lol... so I am PRAYING that that is the reason for my HUGE gain! I went up SIX pounds! :angry::unsure: So my initial weigh in is 314. *sigh* So for that reason I am adjusting my goal to 15lbs so I can hit twoterville.

I am going to be out and about for a bit tonight... so I will add everyone in when I can get on next! :thumbup: