Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi DenverGirl and welcome! I think we are all different but I would give at least a week off for a desk job. I was banded on a Thursday and went back on Tuesday but wished I'd taken longer because I was really dragging those first few days back.

There's no need for an overnight hospital stay unless you have some condition that requires it. I wasn't worried about it at all; I have had other outpatient surgeries. I also stayed in a hotel literally 2 minutes from the surgery center so I had no worries. :w00t:

Uptownmami278 ~Welcome! Um, yes, there are lots of pointers. Where to start? :w00t: Probably easier if you ask questions. I came from out of state also like many others here. A few things: I would suggest finding a hotel close to where you're having surgery (in either Parker or Aurora) & planning to stay at least a couple of days after surgery.

Lapdancer ~ congratulations! I loved the story of how your granddaughter ended up a grandson. I think that's part of why I'm going to let it be a surprise when I get pregnant. :thumbup:

munchkin ~ I love your tattoo. I think the Japanese watercolor mountains might be too busy...I think it would be pretty if you had lines of "wind" blowing petals off the tree. And some bigger blossoms in different shades for perspective.

Bella ~ I am so sorry that you had to attend two funerals. So sad. I will be thinking of you.

Me? I'm still doing well. Resisting the urge to keep getting on the scale and seeing if I've lost more. With each fill I've gotten a boost to my enthusiasm and determination. I'm part of a "Biggest Loser" challenge on SparkPeople and I have to weigh in each week. I am trying to let that be my only weigh in. But it's hard. OK, so, maybe I'll check it mid-week but I won't officially record that one anywhere. Yeesh. :lol:

Sunshine -- How's that port incision looking these days?

The incision is just a little scabby, but it's the tenderness next to it that is driving me crazy. And it's itchy, but I know that is normal.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have yet another question for all of you. Please tell me EVERYTHING that you do not like about having the lap band. Please be honest. This forum has shown me a lot about the positives, but I want to be sure I know both sides of the story before spending 10K and making a life changing decision. thank you so much in advance for your honesty!

Nora

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have yet another question for all of you. Please tell me EVERYTHING that you do not like about having the lap band. Please be honest. This forum has shown me a lot about the positives, but I want to be sure I know both sides of the story before spending 10K and making a life changing decision. thank you so much in advance for your honesty!

Nora

Well Nora - I have only been banded just over a week. One of the negatives is that I was quite a bit more gassy. Though i know most of that is from the surgery itself. Plus side on that is, I don't get teased for my burps being pathetic by my DH's younger brothers anymore!!!:thumbup:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nora

Nora, I'm still thinking about this one. Nothing comes to mind presently, but I'll let you know if I come up with something! I do have more gas now than I did pre-band, but that's a small concession for me (my family may beg to differ).

Deb- me and the lab/mastiff crew are SOOOOO happy Tucker gets to come home!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!! (One of my labs always licks my oldest labs ears to clean them also!) Give him lots of lovins and treats when he gets home!!

Thanks for all the tat suggestions. So far the concensus seems to be that bigger flowers are needed. I have thought about adding some slightly larger sparrows that have flowers in their mouths "flying" around the main tat, with some blossoms "falling" off those flowers and down my back. What do you guys think of that?

The incision is just a little scabby, but it's the tenderness next to it that is driving me crazy. And it's itchy, but I know that is normal.

I remember my port area feeling tender for several weeks, too. No more pus from the incision, then? That's good!

Dee-I almost forgot, I am down 1 pound for the week.

Well folks, I have to float to our sister ICU tonight again. Remember what a great time I had there a few weeks ago? I am soooooo not looking forward to this!!!:thumbup:

Yay Tucker!!!!!!!!!!! Yay Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you're relieved to get that boy home!!!!!!!

(About the ear cleaning -- I had a pair of dashounds about 20+ years ago, one was older and had been neglected before she joined our family. She would clean the younger male from head to toe daily! I think it's the maternal instinct or something. She had been a breeder in a puppy mill and I always thought they must have taken her babies away from her too soon or something. Never could figure that one out really. When the younger one died first, she literally mourned herself to death within a year. They were a wonderful pair!)

Dee-I almost forgot, I am down 1 pound for the week.

Well folks, I have to float to our sister ICU tonight again. Remember what a great time I had there a few weeks ago? I am soooooo not looking forward to this!!!:thumbup:

Hey Munchk! We're on at the same time! I hope you have a quiet night and everyone behaves!!! Nighty-nite!

You guys, I am soooo happy:tt2::thumbup::tt2: Tuck has been home now about six hours. We have several meds to give him, but we are so relieved he is here in his own abode.

Again, thanks for all the support and prayers.

Okay, now lapband stuff: tonight I went to pharmacy for some meds. Asked them about adult portion liquid Tylenol. Reply: don't make it anymore. Is that true? Do we have to have liquid T. or can it be another liquid pain reliever?

As I get closer to date, I forget what I am supposed to have.

Plus, with Tucker's situation, mine seems meaningless.

I'm happy I have a boyfriend too! We are so funny together. We giggle and laugh at everything. He called me this morning from Saigon and we talked for over 2 hours. My daughter comes in and rolls her eyes! She said, it's like I'm 13 years old. AND the funny thing is that he had just said the same thing to me! That he felt we were regressing back to our teen years! I love laughing and it's just been such a joy getting to know him!

I am so happy for you! It makes me smile everytime I read about your Beau. I can just feel how happy he makes you. :thumbup: :crying:

No fill for me! I've lost 12 lbs! Tom and I think we're in my green zone!

I need to hear the story behind your blue tongue! Are you at a fair or carnival?

I am not sure if I am in the green zone or not, but I am thrilled with my current restriction level and have no intentions of getting another fill yet. Going to wait and see how the gallbladder surgery goes first.

The blue tongue story is pretty boring. Went to go see Hancock at the theater with hubby and the in-laws. I can never resist a Blue Raspberry Icee. That is the story. lol. Hubby took the picture after we left the theatre. :wink2:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nora

Honestly... there is NOTHING I do not like about my lap band. Oh wait, I take that back... I don't like the scars from surgery. lol. And trust me, that is nothing compared to all the benefits from the surgery.

Sometimes I get bummed when I am full and I feel like I just started eating. Head hunger is hard sometimes. But I am so thankful that I have my band to help me battle my head.

The only regret I have about the band is that it took me 2 years to finally get it done! :biggrin:

You guys, I am soooo happy:tt2::tt2::tt2: Tuck has been home now about six hours. We have several meds to give him, but we are so relieved he is here in his own abode.

Again, thanks for all the support and prayers.

Yeah! So glad Tucker is home. :biggrin: He will do so much better I am sure now that he is home with his family.

Dr. K's BBQ 10 week Weight Loss Challenge - Week 9

Bandito Goal --1st week-2nd week-3rd Week-4th week-5th week-6th week - 7th week - 8th week - 9th week

Dee = 20lbs +4.6-7.0-1.0+0.0+4.2-6.6-5.0+7.6-11.8:wub:

Bookholder = 15lbs+0.0+0.0-1.0+0.0+0.0+2.0-2.0rolleyes.gif

Brandy = 25lbs-4.5-5.7+2.0-1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0rolleyes.gif

Woofay = 15lbs+4.0-4.0+1.0-1.0+0.0+0.0:tt1:

Mal = 15lbs +0.0-2.8-2.0-1.4+1.0+0.0-1.2-0.8:tongue_smilie:

Dork = 23lbs+1.0-1.0-3.0-1.0-2.0+1.0-1.0-4.0-2.0:wub:

Marcy = 15lbs+0.0-5.0+1.5-0.5-1.0+3.0-4.5rolleyes.gif

Lapdancer = 20lbs +4.0-5.4-1.7+0.0-3.0-3.0:tt1:

Shelbi = 20lbs -2.6+2.0-2.5-3.0-1.0-2.0+3.0+0.0:tongue_smilie:

Amieru = 20lbs-2-5.0+2.0-5.0-1.0+0.0+0.0-3.0:tongue_smilie:

Sidann = 20lbs-4.5+1.5-3.0-3.0+2.0-1.0-1.0:tongue_smilie:

Lifesaver = 20lbs-1.0-1.5-2.0+1.0-4.0-1.5-2.0rolleyes.gif

John T = 15lbs-2.0+0.0+0.0-3.0-2.0-1.0-1.0-2.0-:thumbup:

bahotmamma = 20lbs-1.5-1.0-2.0-4.0-2.0-1.0-2.0:tongue_smilie:

Munchkin=--------------------0.0+0.0-3.0-1.0-2.0-1.0:wub:

Week One Losses 18.1lbs (6.8%)

Week Two Losses 24.8lbs (10.2%)

Week Three Losses 18.2lbs

Week Four Losses 18.9lbs

Week Five Lossses 21.0lbs

Week Six Losses 20.1 :biggrin:

Week Seven Losses rolleyes.gif

Week Eight Losses :crying:

Week Nine Losses :wink2:

Only 1 week left Peeps. We have kept up the good fight! Let's not give up now!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
I found Dorks loss! Congrats Dork and Munchi!

:driving:On the road again! Can't wait to get on the road again...

Willie Nelson won't be with us! BTW!

I wanted to touch base with my Peeps! Weigh in everyone, please. We are missing some from last week and the week before. Brandy, where are you Baby? Anita, did you get rid of your guests yet? Bookholder, how are you doing? Where are you? :crying: Marcy, I couldn't figure out if you gave me a weight for last week or not. How are the chickens doing? I do miss chicken now that I've become a vegetarian! Lifesaver, how are you, My Dear! I loved your face in our RR picture, You are just adorable!

Deb, I'm so glad Tucker-baby is home with you and DH!

Munchkin, how was your night floating? I floated to an adult ICU once and I threw up! :wink2: Sorry, but I was doing trach care and it was more than I could handle! Give me Meconium anyday!!

Denver, there is not one thing I do not like about my band. Honestly, I cannot think of one thing. I'll be 6 months out next Tuesday and I have NOT (knock on wood) vomited once, no sliming issues and I can eat anything if I chew it well and take small bites! I love my band!

Dork, a blue icee! I love icee's! I stopped at the 7-11 yesterday to get a splenda slurpee, but they were out! We've had 13 days straight of 90 degree or greater weather! I know for a PHX girl like you, that's nothing, but it's hot for us Denver Babies!

Sunshine, how are you feeling? I'm sorry if I was hard on you! It's not my place to admonish anyone. I just was worried about you doing too much too soon. Besides, how often do we have a legitimate excuse for taking care of ourselves!?

BRB - I'm going to weigh now!

Hugs to all my Banditos!

All of the newbies! :thumbup:

AND all of the more seasoned Losers!

Love ya,

dee~

I just weighed!

Oh My Goodness! I have lost 23.6 lbs since starting the challenge and this week I lost 11.8 lbs. True loss is only 4.2, since I had gained that 7.6 lbs last week from TOM and Water weight.

I told my boyfriend that I am living on Love! Seriously, I think it's the new vegetarian lifestyle I've adopted.

Tofu!!!

I now can see how I get so depressed. My weight fluctuates so much! I hope it stays down! I am 10 lbs from 100! AND I have 3 days til my 6 month Bandiversary! AND tomorrow is my Birthday! I'll be 45! Only 5 years til I'm 50!

I just lost my high! I'm sad now! 5 years!!!

Someone tell me to stop!:thumbup:

Okay, I'm outta here!