Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I am having the worst mood swings!!! :cursing:My poor DH is the best man in the world I SWEAR!! One minute I am laughing :lol:and the next I'm crying my eyes out:crying:!! I wonder if I should go on birthcontrol to help with the hormones, among other things. They are really bad. Anyone else get the killer mood swings?:thumbup::cursing::thumbs_up::cursing::lost1lbs::cursing::thumbup:

Me...and I was a wreck for about 3 months AFTER being banded. It suddenly evened out and now I am much better.

So it could be your bodys way of adjusting to the band...

Lotza, your body is going through a lot right now. I'll bet you'll feel better in a few weeks when you've healed a bit more, can eat real food, etc.

Mal, hope the news is better this morning.

Brandy, let us know how day 2 goes!

I guess I really am in bandster hell. So here's the weird thing . . . I'm really not having any hunger problems (lucky) and am handling eating just 1000 calories a day with no problem. But my weight is still stuck and hasn't really changed for 2 weeks. Just up and down within a one pound range. I know (in my rational head) that this is just temporary and that there is no logical way that I won't lose weight eating like this, but it's still a bit frustrating. Sigh.

Ah Mini...Bandster hell my friend.

It is hard to tell yourself that this is temporary...I mixed my calories up alot during that time 600 one day 1200 the next. I was all over the place to keep my body guessing...it worked because when I did that I started losing. Although it is not working now...aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Ah Mini...Bandster hell my friend.

It is hard to tell yourself that this is temporary...I mixed my calories up alot during that time 600 one day 1200 the next. I was all over the place to keep my body guessing...it worked because when I did that I started losing. Although it is not working now...aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Well, I'll give it a try. It's kind of annoying. You'll start losing again. You just need to get your fill. And the pouch test will probably get you going too.

The thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated. Whew, yes we have been through a hell of a lot over the last year...will it ever stop?! at least pause??

This is what I know of what happened. The boys were wrestling, our frieind heard and felt a pop, he said to the other boy that he was done fighting and that he couldn't move and felt really sick to his stomach, the other boys took him to the bathroom and layed him on the floor and left him there!! He didn't have the strength to yell out for help throughout the night, someone came in the morning and he cursed them out and made them call an ambulance. I don't think they thought was hurt, but he said that he tried to tell them that something wasn't right. I must say that I thought my heart was going to explode over the last couple days.

All of the prayers, well wishes and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Dee~Happy belated Birthday sweets! Your happiness is glowing through your words, I feel your spirit! I was down 1.4 for last week.

Mini~Gracy May, cool name! Congrats on your new family member, sounds like she will keep you out and moving!

Siddan~Thank you for the encouraging words. Yesterday he had two procedures that were to help with blot clots and they started PT. They are now saying possible movement and usage of his upper body, wheelchair for apx a year with heavy duty PT.

gotta run, thanks again banditos!

DenverGirl ~ I can think of one negative: gas. I get bad gas after eating certain foods. I have learned that hot dogs -- even high quality ones, eaten in small bites, chewed thoroughly -- give me painful bloating. Not a big deal; I never ate them that often anyway. Beef gives me gas that is just ewww, so I eat it once a week or less. But that's really it. Sometimes I get annoyed that I have leftovers so much; I'll hiccup (my soft stop) and think, "Dammit, I am really enjoying this". But that's just the head hunger and it isn't hard to tell myself that I can eat it again at another time.

As for your other question...only my husband & a few close friends know about my band. I did not choose to tell family. It's a long story as to why -- there is a lot of dysfunction wrapped up in my relationship with them, food & weight -- but there it is. None of them have so much as commented on my weight loss. I asked my husband the other day if he thought they might say something when I am down 100 pounds...

Deboregon ~ Not sure what's up with your pharmacist; they definitely still make liquid Tylenol for adults. I just bought some the other day! It's called Rapid Blast and I always see it with the other Tylenol. It's not everywhere but I have gotten it at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, grocery stores, etc.

Dee ~ Happy birthday! You are fabulous -- age is just a number!

Mal ~ I will be thinking of your son's friend. Oh my goodness, how awful. It's amazing how things can change in an instant.

Lotza ~ Be patient with yourself. You have gone through a lot and there is a mental and emotional adjustment to banded life just as there is a physical one. I hope your husband is being understanding.

Well ladies, I continue to be on the success train...despite an especially wicked TOM (I blame the hormone fluctuation due to weight loss + new birth control pill), I was down 3 pounds this morning (since last Tues). So I am feeling fine. I just need to lose 3.2 pounds more to be at my next goal. 10 more pounds to weigh the same as hubby. I was hoping to meet that one before the beginning of August but did not of course factor in plateauing for so much of July. Oh well!

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Good job on your loss, Green! I know what you mean about weighing the same as hubby. I HATE that I outweigh him by, ummmm, lots!!!

Agreed about the gas. Mine is sooo much better than it was the first week, but certain foods can really trigger it. Yuck.

Mal - sounds like the news is a bit better this morning. Poor kid. I can't believe his friends left him in the bathroom like that. Sometimes teens are so . . . well . . . idiotic!

Hi Everybody,

Mal, I'm glad that boy is doing better. What an amzing story.

Lotza, hang in there. You just had anesthesia, and that alone can cause depression. It will take a while for it to all work out of your system.

Mini, gosh, sounds like right before your 1st fill is a tough time. I love Brandy's idea about mixing up the calorie count each day to keep your metabolism going.

Dee, belated happy birthday. Hope it was fun. Mine is Thursday - 48, i keep telling myself at least I will be in great shape by the time I'm 50!

Happy early birthday Denver...you will be looking AWESOME by the time you hit 50!!! That is a great present to yourself.

I want to be completely done with everything (PS included) by the time I hit 35. I would like to lose 10-15 more pounds before I go in for my consult.

Getting there...

Green: great job!

Mal: sounds as if boy's condition isn't as traumatic as first thought: good news!

Mini is right: teenagers are idiotic! I taught them for 32 years...I have seen it!

Denver: happy early bday.:wink2:

I am hoping to have gotten my act and body around by the time I am 60 (i will be 57 in Sept....told you I was oldest here!:))

Took Tucker to his vet (wholistic/alternative) this morning. He took Tuck off all the pain killers, esophagal "coaters" and prilosec. Said the pain killer (Tramanol?) wasn't needed and was not helpful to recovery:bored:. We are continuing the antibiotic and 2 Chinese herbs. Plus dr. said tuck's pulse was so slow, no wonder he was weak. Dr. did first acupuncture treatment on Tuck and I could visibly see his panting and shortness of breath decrease.:hurray: He goes back next week for another treatment. Today was the first day he acted more like himself: doing what i call the "bee dance" (going around in figure eights rubbing against me on each turn!):lol::lol:

He is sleeping and eating well. Just no more chasing sticks and balls: the labrador's reason for living!:party:

Deb,

I'm glad your pup is doing better!

Brandy,

Isn't technology great? Our generation is so lucky to have so many options to keep us lovely and nearly wrinkle free as we age. My mom had a face lift at 55 and still looks fab at 82.

I can hardly wait for my MD consult. I think I have read every article on the net about LB and could practically do the surgery myself after watching all the youtube stuff. Don't worry, I'll still pay to have it professionally done! :wink2:

Oh Deb, I'm so glad Tucker is feeling better. Your holistic vet sounds great. We have ONE holistic vet in the area and the waiting list is months. There is a group of holistic cat vets though.

For all you "youngsters" out there . . . you're so lucky that you've been able to do this while you're still young and have time to think about getting your body looking FABULOUS!!! Those of us of a "certain age" (only speaking for myself here) will be pretty happy to improve our health, get rid of some of the aches and pains, and look better in clothes. I have no illusions that I will ever look good without clothes. Of course, I never have, so that won't be much of a switch!! I will definitely want PS when I'm done though. I hate my "apron" and the boobs are already pretty pathetic. If I could get those 2 things taken care of, I think I'd be pretty darned thrilled!

Dee, my weight is up 1 lb over the last two weeks. I am really stuck and I don't understand what is happening. I have been exercising (hiking) like a crazy person and my calories have been good each day. I should be losing 2lbs a week....minimum. I curse this body of mine!!! grrrr!

Mal...OMG....I can't believe how scary that situation is!!! I am praying for you and your family.

Denver-I wish I wouldn't have told as many people as I did. Just me, but I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do it. Just tell who you want to tell....especially if they are people who will support you in the way that you need to be supported. If I had it to do over, I would have told less people and I would have found a support group (like this) a lot sooner. I found that many of my friends and family members were not that supportive...mostly because they didn't know what I needed and couldn't relate. I find that having support from fellow bandsters is what works for me when I am feeling scared or unsure about this new body part of mine. Just my 2cents.

Have a good night peeps!!