Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mal, glad to hear he is on his way to Craig. From what you said, it sounds like what they call an "incomplete" which is very good in terms of chances for healing.

Everybody, thanks for your advice on keeping the surgery confidential. Deb, you are right, strong support is the only thing I want during this time.

Mal that is so scary. My boys (including my hubby) are ALWAYS wrestling...it seems as if that is all they do.

I will have to tell them that story and let them know that freak accidents can happen even if they are just messing around.

Denver~Thank you, I don't know what the exact injury is called, I hope it is incomplete, and thank you for the boost and the information. I hope to find out more today.

If I could go back and change my decision in telling others about my surgery, I guess I would not have told anyone besides my boys and my husband. I told one person and the news spread like wild fire. Most of the time I don't mind but there are times that I feel like I need to explain myself or I feel the eyes of judgement.

Brandy~The boys and wrestling, it seems like second nature. I have even wrestled with them before, but they are too much for me. I have watched them many times and I always think they are too rough. Scary situation.

Mal, it seems like the fact that he has some feeling on the bottoms of his feet is a very good sign. Did the boys he was with leave him afterwards or something???

Denver - I made the decision to tell everybody. I really don't give a damn what anybody else thinks, and I figure if I want to combat the judgment of others about weight issues, then I need to be honest myself. But that's just me. Everybody handles things differently. I know that I'm setting myself up for some people to be asses about this, but other people may be inspired to be proactive about their own health. Just my opinion.

We brought home Gracie May today! She is sleeping on the bed next to me as we speak. What a cutie pie. Keeley isn't quite sure what to think, but they were on the bed together for awhile. Gracie is sort of smelly, but I don't want to give her a bath until she is settled in a bit more.

Mal - That is very encouraging that he has feeling in his feet. I have some experience with SC injuries with physical therapy. Feeling that far from the injury is wonderful news. It doesn't mean that rehab will be easy - it won't. But there will be progress. Craig does have a great reputation and at his age they will push him hard to get back everything they can. He and all of you are in my prayers.

Day 1 for 5 day pouch test: :)

Other than feeling a little cranky/queasy...everything went great!!! Hopefully the other 4 days will go just as smooth!

{FINGERS CROSSED, TOES CROSSED, EVERYTHING ELSE CROSSED} that this will jump start my weight loss. One gal said she lost 11, other said 9. I will be thrilled if I lose 5...maybe 7!! :glare:

Brandy,

Can you explain what a pouch test is, and when it is used? I haven't heard of that before.

Thanks so much.

Well girls, I am going to do the 5-day pouch test this week. I don't know quite what else to do. So heres hoping that I can start losing again. I hate this. I knew that this would happen...but for so long?!? YIKES!!

Please say your prayers, I know that this is going to be HARD HARD HARD for me!!!

What is a 5-day pouch test? GOOD LUCK!!!! You are my thoughts!! You can do this!!!!:eek::thumbup:

Oh Mal!

I am so sorry to hear about your son's friend. I just got online and read the posts to catch up! Your sons have been through so much in the past year and you have been right there with them.

I will be praying for them and you and especially for you son's friend. Craig is the best place for him.

Please come back here and let us know how things are going.

Love you lots Sweetie,

dee~

Hey everyone,

Just catching up on the posts. Mal, I will say a prayer for your son's friend. That is terrible how long he had to stay before getting medical attention. How scared he must have been! Did the friends he was wrestling with not know he was hurt??

I am feeling pretty good. I am getting hungrier these days. It doesn't even feel like I have a band. Everything goes down pretty good and I can eat more than I thought I would be able to. I thought you would PB or slime or something if you ate too much?????

Today was Kacie's birthday (Kacie said Happy B-day Dee!!) and we went to a restaurant. I ordered mashed potatoes. I was looking around and watching everyone eat steak, ckn wings, hugh burgers and ICE CREAM CAKE. Everything smelled soooo good. I felt a little sorry for myself but I am not going to let it bother me. If I am going to change my life, I am going to have to make sacrifices.

General question: do you know if anyone has had to have only a fill or two before hitting the "sweet spot"? Just curious since being so far from Denver, I won't be going for his free or cheap fills.

It took me three fills. First two fills were 2CC's each. Third fill was 1CC. I am now at 5CC's in a 10CC band and I love the level I have right now. I really have to slow down and I have to eat less. Not sure if I would consider it a "sweet spot" or not but I don't want any more fill until I get the hang of this level right now! :eek:

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the posts either, but I wanted to drop in and ask for prayers. My son's best friend (like a son to me) broke his 5th vertebrae over the weekend. We are shocked and scared. I believe in the power of prayer and I am asking everyone I know to pray for him. We are apporachilng the end of the 72 hour critical time they say will determine the extent of the damage. I Thank you in advance for your support.

Peace Love

I am so sorry! My thoughts are with him and his family as well as you and your son. I hope he makes a full recovery!

Well, I just took Gracie on her first walk in the park. Keeley usually saunters around the park (my preferred pace) but Gracie was really motoring along! I worked up quite a sweat keeping up with her! This could be a very good thing . . .

Hey everyone,

I am feeling pretty good. I am getting hungrier these days. It doesn't even feel like I have a band. Everything goes down pretty good and I can eat more than I thought I would be able to. I thought you would PB or slime or something if you ate too much?????

Hi Bella -- Sometimes it takes a few fills to get some restriction, you're entering the "bandster hell" stage right now where you've got the band but you're not healed enough to have a fill. Hang tough, girl, you'll start getting fills soon!

I haven't had a chance to catch up with the posts either, but I wanted to drop in and ask for prayers. My son's best friend (like a son to me) broke his 5th vertebrae over the weekend. We are shocked and scared. I believe in the power of prayer and I am asking everyone I know to pray for him. We are apporachilng the end of the 72 hour critical time they say will determine the extent of the damage. I Thank you in advance for your support.

Peace Love

Mal -- How are things today? Thinking of you and yours.

Mini -- Gracie's walks + lap band = a skinny mini!