Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I can't believe how good y'all look!!! Dee, an amazing difference!

But I have to say, I feel like I am the biggest girl on the block! Sheesh.....

I can't believe how good y'all look!!! Dee, an amazing difference!

But I have to say, I feel like I am the biggest girl on the block! Sheesh.....

Oh no Sweetpea!!!

I still weigh much more than you do!

So you're not even close to being the biggest girl on the block!

I still have that title.

My goal is still to not be the fattest person in the room. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting closer. (I hope!)

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

We had some girls from "Colorado Anyone" join us. They were so friendly and it was great getting to meet more Banders!

BikiniBeachy (she was just banded, still on her mushies stage), Denvergirl, PrtyAntOvrYt

Long2bThin and KayleighsMommy (seated)

While I was waiting in the car for the rain to slow down, I remembered that it was a year ago, when I first met the Banditos at Red Robin. They were so sweet to me and so supportive! I wanted to show you guys a picture from that first RR meeting and one from today!

It's so great to put faces with names! Hope you ladies had a blast.

Dee! Sweetie-pie! You look amazing!!!! What a wonderful difference a year makes!!! I'm so proud of you, I hope I can be where you are in a year ~ Proud Member of the Centurion Club!

RR ladies look GREAT! Sorry I didn't make it, I had two little one's with the stomach flu and my house was decorated in vomit (YUCK), so I had lots of cleaning and scrubbing to do.

Dee~ I love the progress you are making. I remember our first meeting, I can't believe that was a year ago!

I sooo wanted some RR lastnight!

RR ladies look GREAT! Sorry I didn't make it, I had two little one's with the stomach flu and my house was decorated in vomit (YUCK), so I had lots of cleaning and scrubbing to do.

Dee~ I love the progress you are making. I remember our first meeting, I can't believe that was a year ago!

I sooo wanted some RR lastnight!

I'm so sorry you missed it too! I know you would have rather been sitting at the round table with all of us Banditos than at home, cleaning up puke! Poor you! Poor Kids! Nothing is worse for anyone!!! Don't forget we're meeting November 4th for Jaime's night before surgery! I'm excited to meet Jaime!

Time does fly! I remember sitting there at RR my first time. You were sitting next to me and your perfume smelled so good!

Oh, and I see you got your ticker working again. Good job! :Dancing_biggrin:

I had to make a new one! I couldn't get find my password.

It's so great to put faces with names! Hope you ladies had a blast.

Dee! Sweetie-pie! You look amazing!!!! What a wonderful difference a year makes!!! I'm so proud of you, I hope I can be where you are in a year ~ Proud Member of the Centurion Club!

I have to admit that I keep looking at those pictures. I am so surprised to see the difference!

I am here...alive. I had surgery last Wed on my bum knee again. The screw was backing out of the bone, so that had to be taken out.

Crazy busy. No weight loss. I am hoping because of the stress of life, but must say I am fed up. Just feeling frustrated. I only have 17 more to go and can't seem to get there.

I am going in on the 28th for a PS consult...my insurance will pay for it if it is deemed necessary. So thats what were praying for.

It will take me months to catch up, but just wanted to pop in!

Dee,

Your before and after photos look great. You have really worked hard in a year to make so much progress.

Is our 11/4 Red Robin at 7:00 too?

Deb,

I think no matter what we weigh, we all feel like the biggest girl in the room. I sure feel that way here at work where everybody is skinny. I always joke when those surveys come out that Colorado is the least overweight state that I should move to Arkansas or Alabama where I would look thinner in comparison.

Mal,

Sorry your kids have the bug. I had it last week. Good news is that it passes quickly.

Brandy,

I hope you're feeling well after surgery. Good luck with the PS consult.

Jme,

See you soon! I did check out that thread. OMG I was shocked at how some of those folks are practially living on one lettuce leaf a day. I eat around 1200 calories. I guess that is too much, but I'm really not sure. It certainly is a lot less than before surgery.

Dee,

Your before and after photos look great. You have really worked hard in a year to make so much progress.

Is our 11/4 Red Robin at 7:00 too?

Jme,

See you soon! I did check out that thread. OMG I was shocked at how some of those folks are practially living on one lettuce leaf a day. I eat around 1200 calories. I guess that is too much, but I'm really not sure. It certainly is a lot less than before surgery.

Yes, our RR night on 11/4 is at 7:00p. Apparently that's the same night as Dr. K's support group...or so I hear?

Also, yea that thread bothers me sometimes. I saw one lady's menu for the whole day (a few weeks ago), which consisted of Pork rinds, a few meatballs, and 2 kitkat bars. It was crazy! Those are the kinds of bad choices they're talking about when they say "eating around the band" I guess. :biggrin:

When I called the girl out for eating pork rinds, she chimed in that it was an excellent source of Protein. Who eats pork rinds as a source of protein? Aren't they just deep fried pig skins? :smile:

While I was waiting in the car for the rain to slow down, I remembered that it was a year ago, when I first met the Banditos at Red Robin. They were so sweet to me and so supportive! I wanted to show you guys a picture from that first RR meeting and one from today!

Dee, you're so adorable! I just want to give you a huge hug!!!!!!

Yes, our RR night on 11/4 is at 7:00p. Apparently that's the same night as Dr. K's support group...or so I hear?

Also, yea that thread bothers me sometimes. I saw one lady's menu for the whole day (a few weeks ago), which consisted of Pork rinds, a few meatballs, and 2 kitkat bars. It was crazy! Those are the kinds of bad choices they're talking about when they say "eating around the band" I guess. :grouphug:

When I called the girl out for eating pork rinds, she chimed in that it was an excellent source of Protein. Who eats pork rinds as a source of protein? Aren't they just deep fried pig skins? :pray2:

Sounds a little like a few of those people are bordering on an eating disorder to me....anyone else agree?

How the heck are you Jamie? My new comedian guy has shows in NC this week, in Lake Norman, Matthews, and Goldsboro. Don't know if any of those are by you or not, but he is pretty funny.:smile:

Sounds a little like a few of those people are bordering on an eating disorder to me....anyone else agree?

How the heck are you Jamie? My new comedian guy has shows in NC this week, in Lake Norman, Matthews, and Goldsboro. Don't know if any of those are by you or not, but he is pretty funny.:smile:

HEY MUNCHIE!! How you doin'???

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say they have an eating disorder, but some of them definitely do not make the best food choices. But about 85% of the food choices are really great, and they've given me super great ideas for once I'm banded and eating regular food. :grouphug:

I have no idea where Lake Norman is, but I'm guessing it's near a lake.... :smile: Matthews and Goldsboro are about equal distances from me, one to the east and one to the west. I think... :laugh:

Congrats on the comedian man. Hope he makes you super happy because you totally deserve it! :pray2:

I posted this in another thread but they've continued posting and ignored me....:grouphug:....so would any of you mind answering this for me? Being Dr. K patients, I probably should have asked you all this first, haha.

Does anyone remember the Full liquid Phase of post-op? Did you drink Protein Drinks during that phase, i.e. EAS or Atkins? What about those new IDS whey Protein Bullets (the 3 ounce liquid shots that are 42g of protein) - anyone have those during the Full Liquid Phase of post-op? Thanks!

Also, another post about the whey bullets...

How are those protein bullets working out for you? One a day, or less frequently? What flavors are best? Do you drink it all at once, or space it out throughout the day? I'm considering doing this during my full liquids phase post-op (Days 4-14). I've heard they control your hunger pretty well.

Edited by jmegirl

I posted this in another thread but they've continued posting and ignored me....:grouphug:....so would any of you mind answering this for me? Being Dr. K patients, I probably should have asked you all this first, haha.

Does anyone remember the Full Liquid Phase of post-op? Did you drink Protein drinks during that phase, i.e. EAS or Atkins? What about those new IDS Whey Protein Bullets (the 3 ounce liquid shots that are 42g of protein) - anyone have those during the Full Liquid Phase of post-op? Thanks!

Also, another post about the whey bullets...

How are those protein bullets working out for you? One a day, or less frequently? What flavors are best? Do you drink it all at once, or space it out throughout the day? I'm considering doing this during my full liquids phase post-op (Days 4-14). I've heard they control your hunger pretty well.

I bought a ton of those whey bullets and I don't like them a tall. I would try one first before buying too many. The consistency is thick and they give me a stomach ache :pray2: I have heard that if you make Jello and add them to the Water when you make it they are good but I haven't tried that yet. But I am hooked on the Starbucks Vivanno so I have been making my own version of it and I love it! I bought the chocolate whey protein from Sam's club and I use one scoop of that with 6 oz of skim milk and one whole banana and I add about a teaspoon of cocoa powder. Mix in the blender. You can either use ice cubes or what I do is cut up my bananas and freeze them instead of using ice. It is sooo yummy!!

Jamie...

I love the bullets. I always get the peach or the fruit punch and put it in about 24 ounces of fruit punch Crystal Light. You can't even taste the Protein. That is the only way I get my protein in now. I think they are very conveinient and yummy! Try it and let me know what you think!

Brandy