Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Okay, here are some pics from Zion. It's pretty hard to really get the scale from the pics, but it's amazing. And I hiked WAYYYYY further than I ever have before. YAY FOR MY BAND!!

[ATTACH]15424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15425[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15427[/ATTACH]

Munchie, glad to hear from you!! Glad to hear you're okay and that you've just been out cattin' around :eek::tt2::scared2:

Michelle, I don't know what your pop was! I would definitely call Dr. K.

Deb, doncha' just love the lap band ladies? I told you they'd be supportive!

Well, I know I'm missing lots of people, but I'm so tired I can't hardly think. We took down our tree house today and it was HARD WORK!!! The tent weighs over two hundred pounds and the frame is steel. I need to go night night.

Beautiful pics as always, thanks for enriching our lives by allowing us to live vicariously through you!

Hee hee....cattin' around.....who me?????????????:w00t: I did say he was a perfect gentleman....

Okay, well, I have decided tonight that I can't pretend to be something I am not (it's okay, dee, u may be my only friend after this:smile2:)

This week has been a difficult one for staying on a diet as last Saturday, Oct. 11, I married someone I have been committed to for 24 years. Her name is Janet Lynne, and we had the most beautiful of ceremonies.

I don't know people's politics here, but I do know that I have felt a closeness and support system I have not had elsewhere. If the fact that I am gay and have married my longterm partner has offended others, I guess I can refrain from posting here. However, that would make me sooooo sad, but I feel enough prejudice in my everyday life to withstand it on line. Hopefully, those of us who have felt the ugly tongue of hate for our weight will not subject that same pain on those of us who bear that ache for whom we love.

I may be a little late with this, haven't check the web in a few days, but I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to you both on your marriage!!!! :biggrin::smile: :biggrin: It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says, just be happy.

Mim

Updated weight loss:

Adorkable Goal: 15/wk1: +5/wk2:-5/wk3: -1/wk4:-1/wk5:-0tongue.gif

Bahotmomma Goal: 17/ wk 1:-1/wk2:?/wk3:+4/wk4:-4/wk5:-3/wk6:-2:teeth_smile:

BellaPerdente Goal: 25/wk1:0/wk2:-7/wk3:-2/wk4:-7/wk5:-1/wk6:-2:teeth_smile:

Bookholder Goal: 15/wk 1: +1:laugh:

Brandymom Goal: 20/ wk1:-3.5/wk2:-0biggrin.gif

Deboregon Goal: 15/ wk 1:-1.4/wk2:+1.2/wk3:-3/wk4:-2.2/wk5:-3/wk6:=.2:teeth_smile:

DenverGirl Goal: 8/ wk1:-2/wk2:0/wk3:+2/wk4:-2:thumbup:

Greenchrysalis Goal: 15/ wk 1: -2 :wub:

Lifesaver Goal: 15/wk1:+1/wk2:-3/wk3:-1:biggrin:

Lotzasunshine Goal: 20/wk1:-2/wk2:0/wk3:-.5/wk4:-1.5/wk5:-1.5/wk6:-2:teeth_smile:

Marcyinak Goal: 16/wk 1:-4/wk2:-0/wk3:-.5/wk6:-0:teeth_smile:

Minidriver Goal: 16/wk1:-0/wk2:-2.4/wk3:-.8/wk4:-1/wk5:-0/wk6:-1.1:teeth_smile:

Munchkin Goal: 15/wk1:+1/wk2:-3/wk3:-2/wk4:-2/wk5:?/wk6:-1:teeth_smile:

PrtyAntOvrYt Goal: 28/wk1:+.8/wk2:-.8/wk3:-3.2/wk4:-1.8/wk5:-2.4/wk6:0:teeth_smile:

ShelbiCallie Goal: 22/wk1:0/wk2:0biggrin.gif

Sidann Goal: 19/wk 1: -2:laugh:

As always, if I missed you, let me know!!!

Okay, well, I have decided tonight that I can't pretend to be something I am not (it's okay, dee, u may be my only friend after this:smile2:)

This week has been a difficult one for staying on a diet as last Saturday, Oct. 11, I married someone I have been committed to for 24 years. Her name is Janet Lynne, and we had the most beautiful of ceremonies.

I don't know people's politics here, but I do know that I have felt a closeness and support system I have not had elsewhere. If the fact that I am gay and have married my longterm partner has offended others, I guess I can refrain from posting here. However, that would make me sooooo sad, but I feel enough prejudice in my everyday life to withstand it on line. Hopefully, those of us who have felt the ugly tongue of hate for our weight will not subject that same pain on those of us who bear that ache for whom we love.

I haven't been on for a few days. Congratulations on your marriage!

Good news...I hope! Talked/emailed a doc/friend here in Nome and he said he'd be willing to do fills for me. But, get this, I could EITHER go into the hospital/clinic and pay their office visit fee (could be anywhere from $85-$300...you never know with them) OR I could have him come to MY HOUSE and pay $150!!! Ok sisters, it's time to move to Nome...we can have "fill parties". Haha!

We've got to do a little more discussion on the matter (he wants a referral from my surgeon...like that'll be hard). But it looks like a done deal. I'm soooo happy!

Wow, what a deal! Fill parties would be so cool :biggrin:

Deb

Hello everybody,

I've asked Dr. K's office, and also Paula the nutritionist for a sample week long menu of what real lap band patients are eating. Amazingly, nobody has this. They told me to look at WW or South Beach. Of course, I know what a band patient can eat is not the same.

Could you please send me, either on here, or by PM, or PM me and I will send you my email, a sample of what you eat for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks, if any? I will put together in a word document and send to anybody who wants it. As a relatively newbie to the band, this would help me a lot. If you want to include the recipe of what you eat, that's fine too.

Thank you!!!

Edited by Snowgator

DenverGirl, definitely take a look at this thread over in the Nutritions forum.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/share-ideas-what-did-you-eat-today-36828/

Although there are some bandsters who don't eat good everyday, this thread is filled with people's daily menus. They update it each day, so you can get a really great idea of what regular bandsters are eating. Not to mention there are lots of great recipes in there too. Hope that helps!!!

Please don't forget:

Red Robin tonight @ 7pm

I-25 and Arapahoe!

I'll be waiting on the bench just inside the door!

Come one - come all!

(out of towners, you'll be there in our thoughts!)

Munchie! Welcome back Sister! I know how it is to be down and feel like locking yourself in your house! I'm afraid if my daughter wasn't living with me, it would be too easy to do this all of the time. When I'm sad, I feel very antisocial. I think it's great that the lesser sex of the world is starting to take notice of your hottness! I knew it would happen! You're just adorable and with your cute personality, you're just sexier! Enjoy those guys! Have tea and anything else that is offered... just be safe. (if you know what I mean, Jelly bean!)

Mini! I love the pictures! You're so cute! I can see a big difference in your face! You're looking great! AND Zion is just as lovely as I have heard. When do you leave for the UN? Thanks for keeping track of our weight loss!

Dorkable? Where are you Honeybunny?

Bahot! Have a good time in Cancun!

Denvergirl! I hope you'll be at RR tonight! If you'd like we can start a thread of "what are you eating today?" They do that each day at Obesity Help and it gives me ideas as to what to eat.

Breakfast for me is always the same, 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 slice of very dense whole grain toast, toasted with 1/3 fat cream cheese or LF Laughing Cow cheese spread on it.

Snack: fruit

Lunch: Tofu steak, garden burger, veggie burger with avocado slices, with no bun.

or 1/2 of a burger wrapped in 1/2 Flat Out Whole Grain Wrap, lettuce, pickles, onions, mustard.

Snack: Brocolli (I can never spell that word correctly!) and/or Baby Carrots with LF Ranch dressing, or Celery with Natural SF Peanut Butter.< /span>

Dinner: Steel Cut oatmeal, dates, pecans, Skim Milk

I eat a lot of edamame, hummus, homemade chili, cottage cheese, yogurt with frozen fruit.< /span>

I usually get 60 to 80 grams of Protein each day, 30% or less of fat and my carbs run 30% of total calories.

Today so far, I had 1 egg & 1 egg white with 1 morningstar farm breakfast sausage. (24 grams of protein) -- I'm not hungry yet for lunch. Waiting!

DenverGirl, definitely take a look at this thread over in the Nutritions forum.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/share-ideas-what-did-you-eat-today-36828/

Although there are some bandsters who don't eat good everyday, this thread is filled with people's daily menus. They update it each day, so you can get a really great idea of what regular bandsters are eating. Not to mention there are lots of great recipes in there too. Hope that helps!!!

Thanks, Jme. I will check that out for sure!

Please don't forget:

Red Robin tonight @ 7pm

I-25 and Arapahoe!

I'll be waiting on the bench just inside the door!

Come one - come all!

(out of towners, you'll be there in our thoughts!)

Dee, I'll be there, see you tonight.

I am going to try to make it tonight, stomach flu kind of thing going around...two little one's down with it.

Well, I'm leaving on the red eye for New York. I'll try to check in while I'm there, but am not sure what kind of computer access I'll have. Hope the red-robin group is having a good time.

I'll miss you guys!! Wish me luck!!!

We had some girls from "Colorado Anyone" join us. They were so friendly and it was great getting to meet more Banders!

BikiniBeachy (she was just banded, still on her mushies stage), Denvergirl, PrtyAntOvrYt

Long2bThin and KayleighsMommy (seated)

post-224851-13813137782633_thumb.jpg