Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dee, your new avatar is awesome!

Well, I'm off for a hike. It's so beautiful in Zion right now. Clear, clear blue skies and red, red rocks.

Ok, I'm jealous :D

Dee! Hey, I was just wondering where you and Munchkin had run off to?! You two ladies must be working your bums off!

BABY BITES!! Is it true that I should invest in some children's plates and silverware? To help me (at first) eat smaller portions and take smaller bites??? Sorta like this...I gotta be honest, I'm really digging the Princess plate. :laugh:

41Vt9dEutbL._SS500_.jpg

I'm curious to know where everyone's port is as well. All the pictures I've seen show the port being placed below the left breast (which had me worried about my bra rubbing it constantly). Where can I expect my port? How wonderful that you named your port Frank!!! That's so cute!! :wink2:

Dee, what a great avatar! Century Club, woohoo!!!! Sending super big congratulatory hugs your way!!! :laugh:

Jme,

Love the princess plates! I'm using tupperware divided toddler plates myself. They are perfect since they hold 1 cup in 3 sections.

My port is about 3.5 inches above my belly button, and a little to my left. I only feel it if I go digging for it. Otherwise I don't notice it at all.

Dee,

Go girl! Your progress is inspiring.

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days. We got the results from my dad's tests, and he has a sort of melanoma cancer, it is under the skin. I'm not sure what it's called, but he is going to be having radiation on his brain and injections for this other cancer. I don't know all the details, I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my dad has cancer.

Also, I know that I need another fill, but with everything my parents are going through I don't feel like I should ask them to set it up. They payed for the surgery for me, and insisted that I tell them every time I need a fill. When I get another fill I am going back to Dr.K, so we'll have to see.

Lotza, I'm so sorry about your Dad. Sending positive thoughts your way.

I'm getting my 2nd fill today, this time with Tom. Wish me luck, as 1st one was not much fun.

Wow, I can hardly believe nobody has posted all day! Where are the chatty girls???

2nd fill went much, much, better. Tom was great. I haven't tried to eat solids yet, so don't know about the restriction so far.

Wow, I can hardly believe nobody has posted all day! Where are the chatty girls???

2nd fill went much, much, better. Tom was great. I haven't tried to eat solids yet, so don't know about the restriction so far.

Hey Girlie!

I am so glad to hear your fill went well! Don't you just love Tom?

It has been quiet here! Where is everyone? Busy with Life I guess!

I was glad that Denise posted that let us know that Brandy is just busy and she's doing well.

I had my second interview last Tuesday. I think it went well, but with my lack of research experience I'm not holding my breath... hoping but realistic. I'd love a new job. I'm so ready for a change and I need to work the 80 hours. Money is really tight right now with tuition to pay and the prices of things increasing.

Are we still on for the 20th of October at Red Robin? I'll post a note to let everyone know. It would be nice to see everyone!

Yesterday, I found a pair of pants in the upstairs closet that still had the price tag on them... brand new size 24 and they were too big! Way Way too Big! What a waste! I wore them because I denied the fact that they were too big. They are dress pants with a zipper, no elastic, linen. I was convinced they would be too tight. My mind hasn't caught up with my body yet! Then I wore a sweater that was huge! I must have looked like an idiot!

My scale is finally moving. I need to figure out my password to change my ticker or just make a new one. I have so many passwords at work to remember, I have a hard time with the ones at home! Oh for the days of paper charting, meds in locked cabinets and doors that didn't have combo locks on them!

Life goes on...

Hope this fill gives you a little restriction!

See you on Monday night!

Hugs,

dee~

I like that rule, I will try that as well. I don't tend to take any times between bites. Thanks :)

Deb

I adopted that rule when I saw a program on speed eating! It said that it takes 9 seconds from when you swallow for your food to reach your tummy. So I count to 9 after I swallow before taking the next bite! Believe me I'm the worst when it comes to gulping! Inhaling! Swallowing huge bites!

Thanks for the chewing tips. I have been having some trouble remembering small bites and eating slow. It's so hard!

Did everyone else get their port more in the middle than on their side? I researched this surgery for years and always thought the port went closer to our sides.

Also, I had my surgery on the 24th and my port site is still swollen. Anyone else?

I asked this on the Sept. monthly Dr. K thread too. I am just trying to see if we are all ported the same. I just want to make sure Frank (my port) is in the right place. :)

I have found that every doctor puts the port in a different place. Mine is about 4 inches below my bra, Maybe a bit more and a little to the left. I have a friend who was banded by someone else and her's is near her belly button! Isn't that bizzarre? My port area was swollen like an egg shape for about 8 weeks or more. And it was very sore. It's a perfectly normal part of healing. I talked to Dr. K about it in his office.

Dee~I am so proud of your new avatar! WTG, I want to join you some day...

There is plenty of room with me in the Centurion Club! Anytime Dear, just come on over! Are you going to be able to join us at RR on Monday the 20th of October? Say Yes, Say Yes!!!
I'm curious to know where everyone's port is as well. All the pictures I've seen show the port being placed below the left breast (which had me worried about my bra rubbing it constantly). Where can I expect my port? How wonderful that you named your port Frank!!! That's so cute!! :rolleyes2:

Dee, what a great avatar! Century Club, woohoo!!!! Sending super big congratulatory hugs your way!!!

Thanks Jaime! Am I the yellow man or the blue man :thumbdown:?

I am sorry I have so many questions. I feel like such a pain in the butt! Will the scar tissue go down? When we lose all the weight will we be able to see the port?

Frank is named after Frankenstein. I feel like a the monster because I have this contraption in me. :thumbup::lol::smile::lol::cool2::lol::rose: I didn't name the band. For some reason I connected with Frank more! :lol::lol::lol:

Did anyone else name theirs?

The scars will go down. My is more flat but still pretty discolored. I have to wear a shirt underneath anything shear because it does show through. But maybe I shouldn't be wearing shear blouses at my age anyway! A cami works well to hide it. Denvergirl got the low profile port, which is harder to find for fills, but it will not show after she's at goal. I have a friend at goal and she's pretty buff. You can see her port, but she calls her it her badge of honor!

Sorry I haven't been on in a couple of days. We got the results from my dad's tests, and he has a sort of melanoma cancer, it is under the skin. I'm not sure what it's called, but he is going to be having radiation on his brain and injections for this other cancer. I don't know all the details, I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my dad has cancer.

Also, I know that I need another fill, but with everything my parents are going through I don't feel like I should ask them to set it up. They payed for the surgery for me, and insisted that I tell them every time I need a fill. When I get another fill I am going back to Dr.K, so we'll have to see.

I'm sending you a big hug Lotza! My goodness that is a lot to digest. I remember you saying they paid for your surgery. Your parents sound like wonderful people. Take care of yourself too, Dear.

Dee, your new avatar is awesome!

Well, I'm off for a hike. It's so beautiful in Zion right now. Clear, clear blue skies and red, red rocks.

I'd love to go to Zion! I hope you bring pics back! Could you have hiked Zion last year?

Red Robin Gathering

October 20, 2008

7pm

Arapahoe and I-25

Join us for support, great conversation and some good food!

E'splain-a me this...I can go through an entire chicken wrap from Subway (last night), but get all stopped-up on oatmeal this morning?!?!

I'm in desperate need of a fill. I'll be going the first week of November (stop through Anchorage on the way to Hawaii with my sisters).

I'm just not losing anything. I'll admit that I eat crap too much, but I just KNOW I'm eating too much when it's meal-time (and I'm doing pretty good about not snacking). AAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Halloween Challenge - didn't post last week, but I've been the same for a couple of weeks. Bummer, but I still lost 4 lbs. out of all this and that's still nice.

No snow in Nome...yet...it's chilly though!

Oh, so my SIL that was going to get banded this month with Dr. K has decided that "we need to attack my diabetes head-on" so she's going to get a bypass. I don't know, I still feel like it's such a drastic procedure and only the MOST needful should have it done. I don't think she understood all the long-term affects of the Band, let alone a bypass! I don't think she realizes that she'll need supliments for the rest of her life! Whatever...this is not a woman whom you can reason with...her whole life is unreasonable...

Maybe I'm just being a "Band Snob?"

Besides...she's only had diabetes for a couple of years and shouldn't you TRY to work on that without surgery before you do something so DRASTIC?

Oh crap, just found out that my fill doc in Anchorage is not going to be there the week I am going to be there! AAAHHHH!!!! I called around and it's going to cost $600-$800 for a fill with someone else! You've got to be kidding me?!?!

E'splain-a me this...I can go through an entire chicken wrap from Subway (last night), but get all stopped-up on OATMEAL this morning?!?!

I'm in desperate need of a fill. I'll be going the first week of November (stop through Anchorage on the way to Hawaii with my sisters).

I'm just not losing anything. I'll admit that I eat crap too much, but I just KNOW I'm eating too much when it's meal-time (and I'm doing pretty good about not snacking). AAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Halloween Challenge - didn't post last week, but I've been the same for a couple of weeks. Bummer, but I still lost 4 lbs. out of all this and that's still nice.

No snow in Nome...yet...it's chilly though!

Do you think it's because you're a little tight in the morning? I haven't gotten stuck on Oatmeal, but I do know I have to be extra careful at Breakfast, but dinner, I can pretty much eat whatever and however!

Oh, so my SIL that was going to get banded this month with Dr. K has decided that "we need to attack my diabetes head-on" so she's going to get a bypass. I don't know, I still feel like it's such a drastic procedure and only the MOST needful should have it done. I don't think she understood all the long-term affects of the Band, let alone a bypass! I don't think she realizes that she'll need supliments for the rest of her life! Whatever...this is not a woman whom you can reason with...her whole life is unreasonable...

Maybe I'm just being a "Band Snob?"

Besides...she's only had diabetes for a couple of years and shouldn't you TRY to work on that without surgery before you do something so DRASTIC?

I totally agree with you. The Band was the best surgery for me and I honestly have to say, that I wouldn't have had surgery if it weren't for the Band. I think that any other procedure is pretty drastic. I felt bad enough having to have a tool implanted to lose weight, I would have had a hard time allowing part of my stomach to be removed and my intestine to be rerouted. I'm not against others having it done if they fully understand all of the ramifications associated with such a serious procedure and as long as they understand that there is a window of losing and afterward they have the chance of gaining their weight back. I have a very good friend who had RNY last September, she lost 175lbs really fast and now she's really struggling to lose even one pound. She's dieting. At least we can get a fill when we start having problems. IF, you can find a doctor who doesn't cost an arm and a leg to give you one! Sorry to hear about your dilemna! I do not understand how doctors can charge so much! It's really a racket!

About the diabetes, the Band is really helping those people! It's amazing how 90% have resolved their symptoms after being banded.

Oh crap, just found out that my fill doc in Anchorage is not going to be there the week I am going to be there! AAAHHHH!!!! I called around and it's going to cost $600-$800 for a fill with someone else! You've got to be kidding me?!?!
:smile:

Hey Girlie,

Ms Zion Hiker Woman!

Soon to be MicroMini!!

I lost nothing, not one pound. I have a feeling it's going to drop off like crazy next week. I worked the last 5 days -- in a row! I'm cleaning house today! I already burned my shredder up! I hate all those credit card offers! I've been shredding for hours!

I hope you're having a wonderful time!

dee~

Hi, everyone, I have been gone for a week, so i haven't had time to read all these pages...sheesh...

My last week's (10/10) loss was 5 pounds:lol::frown:

I will have to weigh in the morning for this week's numbers. Don't think they will be as good as this past week was a vacation, in every sense of the word:frown:.

Went to Manzanita, a cool little town on the northern Oregon coast. We even took Tucker down to the beach one day. Couldn't stay long as it was windy and he really wanted to chase sticks and we can't have that with his Lar-Par. It made him very sad, but he did get to plod around in the sand! Every time we went out to eat, my desire was for halibut fish and chips or a chipolte-jalapeno-swiss cheeseburger with fries; but my brain said "no"....cup of seafood chowder or a side salad with clam chowder. No deep fried foods. At the vacation house, I would fix a small taco salad or 2 pieces of ravioli with half of a fresh Tomato. However, a couple of nights I did imbibe white wine. Oh, well, home now and back to serious stuff!:smile:

Hi, everyone, I have been gone for a week, so i haven't had time to read all these pages...sheesh...

My last week's (10/10) loss was 5 pounds:lol::frown:

I will have to weigh in the morning for this week's numbers. Don't think they will be as good as this past week was a vacation, in every sense of the word:frown:.

Went to Manzanita, a cool little town on the northern Oregon coast. We even took Tucker down to the beach one day. Couldn't stay long as it was windy and he really wanted to chase sticks and we can't have that with his Lar-Par. It made him very sad, but he did get to plod around in the sand! Every time we went out to eat, my desire was for halibut fish and chips or a chipolte-jalapeno-swiss cheeseburger with fries; but my brain said "no"....cup of seafood chowder or a side salad with clam chowder. No deep fried foods. At the vacation house, I would fix a small taco salad or 2 pieces of ravioli with half of a fresh Tomato. However, a couple of nights I did imbibe white wine. Oh, well, home now and back to serious stuff!:smile:

Wow!! You lost 5 lbs last week? Congrats!!!

Mini, technically I lost 2 this week. I guess I should be happy, but I am really frustrated. Probably because of all the other stresses in my life right now. But I really LOVE to see the numbers go down every day.

Hi all,

Checking in for the Halloween challenge. Put me down for -2 for this week. I still can't believe I have lost 60 pounds so far. People are finally starting to notice.

Lotza, my prayers are with you.

Dee, doesn't it feel good to try something on that is too BIG!!!!!!! You are doing great. Have you posted any before and after pictures? Keep up the good work.

Lisa