Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Okay, well, I have decided tonight that I can't pretend to be something I am not (it's okay, dee, u may be my only friend after this:smile2:)

This week has been a difficult one for staying on a diet as last Saturday, Oct. 11, I married someone I have been committed to for 24 years. Her name is Janet Lynne, and we had the most beautiful of ceremonies.

I don't know people's politics here, but I do know that I have felt a closeness and support system I have not had elsewhere. If the fact that I am gay and have married my longterm partner has offended others, I guess I can refrain from posting here. However, that would make me sooooo sad, but I feel enough prejudice in my everyday life to withstand it on line. Hopefully, those of us who have felt the ugly tongue of hate for our weight will not subject that same pain on those of us who bear that ache for whom we love.

Deb, don't you dare think about leaving us! I am truly happy for you, 24 years is a long time to be with someone, and good for you for making it official! You should know we are a close and accepting family here, and nothing short of murder could make us shun each other. Well, maybe not even murder, if it was the right person :tongue_smilie:

Good for you Deb, your honesty is inspiring! :tt1:

(It may be too much to ask, but I'd love to see at least one picture!)

DEB!!! Congratulations! That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you, and I'm so happy that you told us! I remember when you first joined the board that you said you were getting married in October. I was kind of wondering when that was happening!!

One of my best friends and her partner got married in August and it was such a joyous occasion. It makes me so sad that anyone would want to deny anyone the right to that kind of happiness. I'm sure that all the lapband ladies will be just as supportive as those of us who have responded thus far. You're right . . . we all know what it feels like to be judged and it has hopefully taught us all to be tolerant and kind. That's what I love so much about this board.

Congrats again!!! :tongue_smilie:

I am in a panic!

This morning I was leaning over picking up toys off the floor and I swear I heard a "pop, pop, pop" sound. It didn't really hurt but it freaked me out. I feel the same now. There isn't any new pain but I am completely freaked out that I ripped all my stitches out. Is that possible? I mean I was just picking up toys.

OMG!:w00t::scared2::eek::scared2::scared2::scared2::scared2:

I can't tell you how happy (and relieved) I was when I read the positive responses to my post:w00t:. You women are indeed the best in the world:thumbup: When I do get pix back, I will do my best to post a couple; otherwise, I am sending some "hard copies" to Dee.

Well, after "vacationing" all week, I got on the scale this morning and...surprise...only up .2:lol::eek: JL said, "Point two??? I am up three and I don't mean point three!!" So now she weighs in at a whoppin' 122! Whew! Her goal was 119 for the wedding, and she hit it the morning of! Oh well, we can't all be thin!! Thank god she has always loved me no matter what since I have been overweight since I was 8. She knew 24 years ago what she was gettin'!!:w00t:

Hello everyone, I am still around. :scared2: I was in a major funk and feeling very antisocial. The stupid neighbors sued me over the fence last week, and that was pretty much the last straw.

But, I finally have a court date for the default judgement in my divorce-November 3rd! So I am excited that is going to be done soon. I won't be excited when my ex finds out we are divorced and goes crazy (crazier would be the appropriate word I suppose), but I am ready to be free.

On a good note, my friend Bob was attempting to cheer me up the other night and told me she was taking me to the comedy club, no excuses. So I grudgingly went, and we had a blast. There is a piano bar next to the comedy club, and it was free cover to go, and Bob wanted to go, so I grudgingly went even though I wanted to go home. We were watching the dueling piano players, and drinking martinis and having fun, and the management from the comedy club brought the comedians in and sat them at the table in front of us. One of the comics kept making eye contact with me and smiling at me, and the manager guy noticed and asked us to go sit with the comics. We ended up talking all night, he was a super nice guy, and he wanted my phone number. We hung out the rest of the night, and the next night before I went to work, and he is the total opposite of my ex-respectful, nice, etc. Never tried to make a move on me or do anything-a perfect gentleman. I told him that I didn't see it going anywhere since he obviously travels all over the country, and he told me that he comes through here alot and would like to keep seeing me. He told me he would come here before a show in Ohio at the beginning of Nov just to see me. I figured at first "Oh great, he probably has groupies all over the place" but I honestly don't get that feel from him at all. He is kind of shy. He told me even though he wanted to talk to me, he never would have on his own if that guy hadn't asked us to sit with him. He's sweet.:scared2:

So I am kind of mind boggled by this turn of events. At the beginning of the show I was declaring to Bob that I would never date anyone again, and then I met him. Funny how life works.

Then tonight I went and got my usual Starbucks iced tea before work. There is always this guy there with a black lab that I visit with and play with. He introduced himself to me tonight and asked me to come to Starbucks early tomorrow before work so he could buy me an iced tea.

Again, my mind is boggled. I don't think I have become ultra beautiful in the last week or something? :w00t: I guess it's that whole thing about when you are not looking, that's when things happen?

Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you!!!!!!!!

Dee and Puff Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you guys too!!!!!!! And of course Shelbi, Mal, Deb, and everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think that I don't love you anymore because I haven't been around. I just get very introverted when I am depressed and lock myself in my house and don't talk to anyone. Bad, I know, but that is the way I am. :eek:

Deb-Congratulations, I am very happy for you. I think it's awesome. My theory on the matter is this- it is hard enough to find someone in this life to love and spend your life with, so if someone finds someone to do that with, it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks. There will always be critical people out there who feel the need to impress their unwanted opinions on people....screw them. I am extremely happy for you, and I would also like to see a picture! :smile:

Puff Mama-down one pound this week. Did I give you a weight last week? My old timers is kicking in. :w00t:

I can't tell you how happy (and relieved) I was when I read the positive responses to my post:w00t:. You women are indeed the best in the world:thumbup: When I do get pix back, I will do my best to post a couple; otherwise, I am sending some "hard copies" to Dee.

Well, after "vacationing" all week, I got on the scale this morning and...surprise...only up .2:lol::eek: JL said, "Point two??? I am up three and I don't mean point three!!" So now she weighs in at a whoppin' 122! Whew! Her goal was 119 for the wedding, and she hit it the morning of! Oh well, we can't all be thin!! Thank god she has always loved me no matter what since I have been overweight since I was 8. She knew 24 years ago what she was gettin'!!:w00t:

Deb I am so glad I stopped by here today. Congratulations on the vows and I wish you continued happiness with your partner. I'm so sad you felt you would lose friends for coming out. Dumb me thinks that doesn't happen if they are true friends.

We ended up talking all night, he was a super nice guy, and he wanted my phone number. We hung out the rest of the night, and the next night before I went to work, and he is the total opposite of my ex-respectful, nice, etc. Never tried to make a move on me or do anything-a perfect gentleman. I told him that I didn't see it going anywhere since he obviously travels all over the country, and he told me that he comes through here alot and would like to keep seeing me. He told me he would come here before a show in Ohio at the beginning of Nov just to see me. I figured at first "Oh great, he probably has groupies all over the place" but I honestly don't get that feel from him at all. He is kind of shy. He told me even though he wanted to talk to me, he never would have on his own if that guy hadn't asked us to sit with him. He's sweet.:eek:

So I am kind of mind boggled by this turn of events. At the beginning of the show I was declaring to Bob that I would never date anyone again, and then I met him. Funny how life works. .

Again, my mind is boggled. I don't think I have become ultra beautiful in the last week or something? :w00t: I guess it's that whole thing about when you are not looking, that's when things happen?

:scared2:

What a great story! I love it. Just go with it. It's rolling onward like this for a reason, just be open to it. GREAT story.

Hello friends:

I'm doing great and I see you all doing well too.

Life is moving forward at a great clip.

I'm not dwelling on my rehab. that continues, I'm in a grand routine that is painful but I can feel the core in me growing slowly stronger. I'm getting out more.

Yesterday I took the day and drove to Sarasota, Florida, the artist mecca of Florida. I met another artist online and over the months we became friends. She taught me silver precious metal work. I created this pendant for my chain to wear around my neck. It's silver but processed in chemicals to give it the hues. I have more pieces but for now, wishing you happiness a good healthy journey and wonderful surprises as we all get healthy together.

post-211943-13813137774201_thumb.jpg

Okay, well, I have decided tonight that I can't pretend to be something I am not (it's okay, dee, u may be my only friend after this:smile2:)

This week has been a difficult one for staying on a diet as last Saturday, Oct. 11, I married someone I have been committed to for 24 years. Her name is Janet Lynne, and we had the most beautiful of ceremonies.

I don't know people's politics here, but I do know that I have felt a closeness and support system I have not had elsewhere. If the fact that I am gay and have married my longterm partner has offended others, I guess I can refrain from posting here. However, that would make me sooooo sad, but I feel enough prejudice in my everyday life to withstand it on line. Hopefully, those of us who have felt the ugly tongue of hate for our weight will not subject that same pain on those of us who bear that ache for whom we love.

Deb, COngrats on your vows, what an awesome accomplishment, 24 years. Please try and post pics that would be wonderful. We love you no matter what and would never turn you away. I am honored that you would share that with us. I wish you a lifetime of happiness. You have found your true lifemate and that is a once in a lifetime experiance.

Well, this is my last post for a week, we leave in the morning for Cancun. i can't wait...

I am down 2 more lbs this week and am so excited. Everyone have fun and I post when we get home.

Deb,

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm delighted for you. Can't wait to see photos.

Munch,

So, the universe has finally noticed that you are a hottie - yeah! That is so fun, enjoy it. You deserve it.

Bahot,

Have an awesome time in Cancun. I've never been there, so look forward to hearing the details about your fun in the sun.

Michelle,

I have no idea what your snap crackle poppping could be. I would call Dr. K on Monday. If it was me, I would guess gas...I have never had so much gas since I got the band.

I think my 2nd fill finally did the trick. I'm eating what I"m supposed to, and feeling full. Life is good! It was a free day at both the zoo and botanic gardens today. I drove by the zoo, and there was no parking for miles, so I took a walk around the botanic gardens for some fresh air and exercise. Yeah! :w00t:

Okay, here are some pics from Zion. It's pretty hard to really get the scale from the pics, but it's amazing. And I hiked WAYYYYY further than I ever have before. YAY FOR MY BAND!!

post-55753-13813667645811_thumb.jpg

post-55753-13813667646894_thumb.jpg

post-55753-13813667647961_thumb.jpg

post-55753-13813667648999_thumb.jpg

Munchie, glad to hear from you!! Glad to hear you're okay and that you've just been out cattin' around :w00t::tt2::eek:

Michelle, I don't know what your pop was! I would definitely call Dr. K.

Deb, doncha' just love the lap band ladies? I told you they'd be supportive!

Well, I know I'm missing lots of people, but I'm so tired I can't hardly think. We took down our tree house today and it was HARD WORK!!! The tent weighs over two hundred pounds and the frame is steel. I need to go night night.

post-237897-13813137774525_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137774816_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137775252_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137775508_thumb.jpg

Deb I am so glad I stopped by here today. Congratulations on the vows and I wish you continued happiness with your partner. I'm so sad you felt you would lose friends for coming out. Dumb me thinks that doesn't happen if they are true friends.

Not dumb at all, a totally accurate statement!!

Good to see you back, I have missed you!!

Hello friends:

I'm doing great and I see you all doing well too.

Life is moving forward at a great clip.

I'm not dwelling on my rehab. that continues, I'm in a grand routine that is painful but I can feel the core in me growing slowly stronger. I'm getting out more.

Yesterday I took the day and drove to Sarasota, Florida, the artist mecca of Florida. I met another artist online and over the months we became friends. She taught me silver precious metal work. I created this pendant for my chain to wear around my neck. It's silver but processed in chemicals to give it the hues. I have more pieces but for now, wishing you happiness a good healthy journey and wonderful surprises as we all get healthy together.

Gorgeous artwork as always Lap. I wish I had an ounce of your talent.

Deb, COngrats on your vows, what an awesome accomplishment, 24 years. Please try and post pics that would be wonderful. We love you no matter what and would never turn you away. I am honored that you would share that with us. I wish you a lifetime of happiness. You have found your true lifemate and that is a once in a lifetime experiance.

Well, this is my last post for a week, we leave in the morning for Cancun. i can't wait...

I am down 2 more lbs this week and am so excited. Everyone have fun and I post when we get home.

Have fun in Cancun, don't do anything I wouldn't do!!!:w00t: