Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks Munchy!

I'm glad to hear you lost. I felt bad about that stupid med making you gain! As we both know meds are evil and they alter our bodies in very bad ways!

I am sad you can't come with your supervisor when she gets her band!

If I am available, I'd love to help her any way, I can.

Just let me know and you can access the bat list for my digits!

I adore you Girl and I always look for your posts. We've bonded in an odd bird kinda way!

Love,

dee~

Well, she has said she will pay for my plane ticket if I come with, but I just don't feel right letting her do that!

And there is nothing wrong with being odd birds! I kind of like being an odd bird!:)

Kick back this weekend and RELAX and get off your feet...get your mind off of work, and take time for yourself.

Edited by munchkin392

Happy Birthday Brandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Hee hee, you are catching up to me now!! Wink wink!!)

Sidann,

The cost of plane tickets is CRAZY right now, eh?? I almost fell over last night when I was looking on Expedia!!

saturday weigh in: I am back down the 2 lbs that I gained due to evil TOM. I go see my surgeon on Monday, for a fill under floroscopy, nervous but kind excited too that I will be able to actually see the band. :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

If all goes well I will be there for RR. On Wednesday, Right?

You are so right Munchkin about that plane $$. Thankfully Dr. K. is generous in his care about us after surgery and charges 0 for 3 months for a fill and $15 after that.

As usual, Dee, you are a sweetheart with your wish to take care of me! I'll be there in spirit. I may try your suggestion while waiting for a fill and go to my pre-op diet and include fruit.< /p>

Adork!

That's my sign of a good fill. I had that the first time and it lasted for about two months. Then I had the it second time and it only lasted about 3 weeks. Now, I get it when I'm on my period. Natalie and I talked about it. Do you feel it when you have your food in the upper pouch and you drink something an hour or a half after you've eaten? That's when it would happen to me. I could eat and everthing went down fine. I'd wait my hour to drink... drink and it would sit there in the back of my throat for hours, sometimes 4 hours and then it would slowly lessen. She said it meant I had very good restriction.

Thanks for explaining this. Mostly I notice it when I am eating. When I feel it, I stop. It usually goes away after a half hour or so. Still a new sensation so I am trying to figure it out.

I do notice when I drink after a half hour or hour that it doesn't go all the way through. you know how when you drink something cold you can feel it drop all the way down, I can't feel it do that after I eat. So I am thinking I might FINALLY have some restriction! Yipppeee.

We will see! :)

Adorkable: go to the Nexium website and sign up for the purple pill plus program. You will get a card in the mail and then have your doctor write you a new prescription. You co-pay with insurance will only be $5.00 per month!!!!!!

Oooo thanks for the info! Off to check that out now. I still haven't filled my script so maybe I can use the one I have now. Sweeeet! Thanks so much! :thumbup: :lol:

Woofay and Brandy.... happy birthday ladies! :lol:

I was just reading another thread and it was talking about blood thinner injections that the bandsters had to give THEMSELVES for a week or so after surgery. Please tell me Dr. K doesn't do this!!!!:)

lotza~I haven't heard of Dr. K asking anyone to do that. I didn't have to.

Dee~I must painfully report that I have gained 1.2, I am going to struggle until my next fill. I want that good restriction you mentioned, I don't recall ever having that good restriction.

Brandy~Happy Birthday you Beautiful lady! How's your FIL and family holding up?

Well, she has said she will pay for my plane ticket if I come with, but I just don't feel right letting her do that!

And there is nothing wrong with being odd birds! I kind of like being an odd bird!:biggrin:

Kick back this weekend and RELAX and get off your feet...get your mind off of work, and take time for yourself.

Well, there is no other odd bird, I'd rather bond with more than you!!!

:mad:

Shelbi (and all),

Bummer about the not chatting in the chat rooms. I do keep up with this forum (hard to do these days... sooo many posts), but lately I dig the chat room. (Might just be me seeking adult chit chat vs. the chit-chat -- whining -- of a three year old (I swear her head's gonna spin 360 degrees one day!). :) It's been good seeing everyone sticking to their challenge(s) and making progress. My progress had slowed down a bit, so I got fill number 4, late June (met Mare while waiting... and two new gals from Tennessee I believe...and another about to get banded). Actually was an interesting visit.

Anyhow, haven't been posting...been kinda in a funk. New baby (new to me), new job, summer visitors galore, 3 y.o. being a 3 y.o. ... etc. My doc is suggesting I take an anti-depressant... I'm kinda reluctant... but she says its just situational and not a long-term thing. Still, I worry about being "flat". I like the highs and lows of life... (although lately, it's been kinda "low" all the time). :blink: And I worry about side effects... and how hard some are to come off of (I know someone that had a horrible experience with effexor) ...also, I'm allergic to welbuterin (I tried it for smoking cessation once under the name "zyban", but am apparently one of the few allergic to it, major hives like welts!)... so I am trying to consider all that... then again, I have read that they sometimes help with weight loss. :mad: So, that's my latest quandry... and my excuse for blipping off the radar.

But, I do read the thread every few days (takes awhile) and its good to see every one doing so well. I have many of you and your families in my prayers (I'm no zealot, but I do think the supreme being listens and responds... although sometimes not exactly the way we want. :biggrin: Can't hurt anyhow...). The posts here make me feel that I am not alone and that it's well worth the effort. Especially on days when I PB while trying to eat something I was really, really looking forward to eating!

We're (kids, Paul and I) planning on popping in at the BBQ. I'm dying to see what healthy foods they serve...lol. I'm also looking forward to seeing folks... I'll be easy to spot with my two Guatemalan babies... :lol:

Tina (still just barely in onderland... well, a tad more in... ):wink:

Tina~

If you have any questions about anit-depressants, feel free to ask away. I have been on Zoloft for quite awhile now. I resisted meds for an eternity... years and years, but finally caved and have been regular on it for awhile now. Unlike you, I DO have to be on meds probably for the rest of my life.

I have no side effects... except maybe a little heartburn occasionally if I take it before bed. I try not to take it before bed anyway since it tends to wire me up a bit. :biggrin:

I do not feel "FLAT". I still have ups and downs, and I still enjoy those dips. They are just not as severe for me.

Oh, the only side effect that sucks is diminished sex drive and it is near impossible sometimes to reach that brass ring *wink*. But considering the alternative, my husband and I would much rather work with that then have my depressed self moping around being destructive to myself and those around me.

Considering you need meds short term... I think you should ask about Zoloft to your Dr. I have gone off it a zillion times (in the beginning) without having ANY withdrawl issues. Also it is rather fast acting as it does not take weeks to build up in your system to be effective.

Good luck! :mad:

Hey guys, I came across a great post for low carb eating for preop diets or anytime. Thought I would share:

How to shrink your liver (and increase ST weight loss) – the low-carb, pre-op diet

Now I am afraid I didn't shrink by liver enough. I think I have been pretty good...I have been eating alot of salsa on my chicken and such. I think I would die if I flew all the way to Denver and spent all that money to not have the surgery.

Dee!

I would love to do a low carb challenge...tell me HONESTLY, how easy will it be in Vegas? We are leaving next Sunday for the annual craniofacial conference.

I haven't been in a few years? Is it do-able??