Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Oh... just wanted to add... thanks to all who wrote testimonials on Dr K's profile at OH. YEAH! He has a bunch now. Mission accomplished! :thumbup::thumbup:

Man...I wish I lived closer. Red Robin night looks and sounds like so much fun!

I'm getting closer to my date. I start my pre-op on Monday! It's really suppose to start on Tuesday...but what a crappy day to start. Might as well begin on a Monday. :thumbup: I'm READY!!

I stepped on the scale this morning thinking that I would not have seen any change from last week...and HOLY CRAP!!! :tt1: I LOST 5 LBS this last week!!!!! I can't believe it. I'm soooo pumped!!! That brings me down 22.5 lbs since January 1. I'm just ready to be able to "work" my band!!!

Okay....since I'm from Oklahoma...any suggestions on "must see" sites around the Denver area. My 3 year old has never seen the mountains. Any suggestions on places to visit while we have free time??

Hope all is well with everyone! :angry: Have a great weekend!!!

Wow Amieru! That's great!

You've lost so much already! The weight is going to melt off of you when you start your pre-op and get your band. I am loving it! I know I have about 230lbs to lose, so I'll initially lose really fast and then I'll slow way down. I am just going to keep trying to stay on track!

I just ate some refried Beans with ff sour cream and it was absolutely the most delicious meal!!! Like I said before, I have to separate my portion out because it's too difficult to not eat more than I should. I have learned to only eat when I'm hungry and to listen to my soft signs. I think only eating when you're hungry is a huge thing for someone who is obese. Last night when I got home from RR, I was just feeling like eating something, I wasn't hungry one bit, but I just wanted something. That head hunger was mean!!!

I drank some Water and went to bed. I hope I'm as victorious next time and every other time, but I'm human, so I know it is going to be a struggle!

My daughter is so cute! She's lost weight since my surgery - only because she doesn't want to eat in front of me. So she's eating the stuff - I can eat. She's not even overweight! BUT what a sweetie!:angry:

I wish you lived hear too! RR is really fun! :thumbup:

:thumbup::cursing::angry:CONFESSION:cursing::tt1::cursing:

Ok...Alright...I admit it!!!

I totally screwed (myself) up tonight...and no, not in that way.

We met some friends for dinner, and I knew that it was going to be stressful. So I started with a glass of wine, then 2, the 3. ACK!!!!

I ate 3 chicken wings, half of a buffalo burger (with cheese), then I ate half of a bread pudding WITH ice cream. :eek: I really could scream!!! Why, oh why do I do this????

As I told everyone last night, I am losing, but NOT FROM RESTRICTION (DUH?!?!) but because of disipline. But....obviously not tonight.

I am hoping that because I shared my little (or big) transgretion, I can move on and start anew tomorrow. It is 10:19 tonight, and I will move on.

I will be at the gym in the morning and will get back on track with eating!! AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate when I do this!!! :tt2::cursing::wub:

:thumbup::cursing::angry:CONFESSION:cursing::tt1::cursing:

Ok...Alright...I admit it!!!

I totally screwed (myself) up tonight...and no, not in that way.

We met some friends for dinner, and I knew that it was going to be stressful. So I started with a glass of wine, then 2, the 3. ACK!!!!

I ate 3 chicken wings, half of a buffalo burger (with cheese), then I ate half of a bread pudding WITH ice cream. :eek: I really could scream!!! Why, oh why do I do this????

As I told everyone last night, I am losing, but NOT FROM RESTRICTION (DUH?!?!) but because of disipline. But....obviously not tonight.

I am hoping that because I shared my little (or big) transgretion, I can move on and start anew tomorrow. It is 10:19 tonight, and I will move on.

I will be at the gym in the morning and will get back on track with eating!! AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate when I do this!!! :tt2::cursing::wub:

Tomorrow is a new day Brandy!

You can start fresh and make a new committment!

Good Luck!

Atleast you didn't slime or PB in front of your friends!

That's a positive!

BTW did the Buffalo Burger have bread with it? (sorry, I had to ask!)

Oh... just wanted to add... thanks to all who wrote testimonials on Dr K's profile at OH. YEAH! He has a bunch now. Mission accomplished! :thumbup::thumbup:

LA, Can you give me the 'hook-up' to post my comments on Dr. K?

please and thank you!!!

Anita,

Thanks for posting the pictures! The one of the group is really good! I notice my double chin is a tiny tiny bit smaller! Too bad the one with John and I looks like I have half a brain!:angry:

Okay, I admit it -- I have half a brain and I had to ride the little bus as a kid. (actually, it was a little bus!):thumbup:

Get some sleep tonight, Girlie!

Thanks again for the purrty pictures!

dee~

Brandy~Don't worry, its only one meal. Today is a new day. And if you analyze what you said...everything was half. It really wasn't that much. But.....if you were able to eat those things, you really need a fill! I don't remember if you said that you had one scheduled~ even if it was a month out. The head eating/hunger thing can really surprise you, even if you are pretty sure you have no "issues" with food. You'll start seeing your triggers and be able to put together a different picture of your weight problems. And like Dee said, "at least you didn't PB in front of your friends!" But WARNING~ those particular foods probably will after you get your fill! :thumbup: It will be a big relief for you when your band helps you with the loss too...not just your will power! You'll start melting away when you get both of them working for you! Hang in there, Girlie! You look maaahhvalous!:angry:

Thanks girls! I feel better (not great) this morning. I was really beating myself up last night!! Could have been the wine though.

True, everything was half and I only ate 1/4 of the whole bun. I couldn't believe how easily everything went down.

On the upside, our friends noticed immediately and couldn't get over the loss. I saw them about 3 months ago and they were floored! So that was fun. On the downside, my son's competitve team lost one of their best players. Needless to say, my hubby is very grumpy. I knew it would be stressful and YES, I AM A STRESS EATER!!!!

Thanks again!

Brandy~ The wine is good for your heart. :thumbdown: One night is not the end of the world, as long as you get back on the "band" wagon. I haven't tested myself by going to a restaurant. Mentally I am telling myself I have restriction, so I don't overdo it. Hell last night I had almost a 60z cut of Salmon and 1/4 cup of steamed broccoli and I felt guilty. I think we are programmed to feel guilty. You will be fine!

Amieru~ Great job on the weightloss. That shows some awesome pre-band commitment. Keep chug chugging away. You are going to do so good!

Dee~ Here is the link to Dr K's profile at OH ---> LINK

L.A.~ I went there...and it showed the reviews.(which were good, by the way!) But I didn't see where I could add a review. :thumbdown:

Is there something else I should have seen or I need to do? I added a review on here once, that I may just copy and paste. (not sure if I will or not)

Let me know. His office has really taken good care of me!

Brandy -

I'm proud of you. Would you have admitted what you ate before you were banded? I was a closet eater. You have gotten to the part where the band doesn't do the entire deed for you. A fill will help, but I have had to face it, I am an addict. I will find a way to eat no matter what. I was greatly disturbed by the fact that I could PB and then go eat again right away. Please go lightly on yourself because, this is the rest of your life. Be gentle. I guess it is the way I am experiencing it. But it isn't about dieting perfectly, it is about accepting my own weaknesses and limitations, coping with them, and working through my stuff. The band is helping me stay more true to myself. Before, if I wasn't perfect, I was off that diet, now this is it. Everyday, at any hour, I face the fact that I am not going to be able to eat or drink whatever I want, because it just doesn't work. For me lately, too many treats, means, no weight loss, no matter how diligent I am at the gym. Maybe this isn't about you, it is about me, maybe all of us - this is damn hard and challenging, but we will get there one way or another.

Woofay - thanks for the pics. It is great to see our progress together. It would be really cool if we could somehow photoshop the pics next to each other. Maybe for our bandaversary in April.

LA - wish you could come to RR too. We have a nice group going.

Dee - How are you doing? Are you more comfortable sleeping now?

Hugs to all,

Michelle

L.A.~ I went there...and it showed the reviews.(which were good, by the way!) But I didn't see where I could add a review. :)

Is there something else I should have seen or I need to do? I added a review on here once, that I may just copy and paste. (not sure if I will or not)

Let me know. His office has really taken good care of me!

Hi Anita...

Do you have an OH account? I think you need an account to write a review. Then in your profile you can add your Surgeon Testimonial.

I actually edited mine a bit today because I didn't like how I had worded the part about Paula. I just felt the nutritionist aspect of the program was lacking... but since I am out of state, I think that has a large part to do with it.

Anita - if it weren't for your strikingly blonde hair I wouldn't have found you! You're disappearing! I still think you need a good form-fitting blouse, but since the weather was "bad" (whatever you people like to refer to as bad anyway...you have NO idea!) I'll give you a break on the long-sleeved sweater looking thing! :-)

Michelle - you look awesome! Really, you look at least 7-10 years younger than when I met you last summer! (Not that I thought you looked like an old lady then either!)

I'm jealous that you all get to meet every once in a while...I could use a little support group, but I'm busy doing other things and can't put one together right now. I think I'm going to "drop out" of my other thread...it's getting a little too much for me. I appreciate the support I'm getting here though. I hope you all don't think I'm some sort of weird stalker or anything.

I was going to a strength and tone class and enjoying it, but after being sick most of the week I decided it was time to go back yesterday. The skinny little twit who teaches (not that there's really any teaching, she just counts to three a lot) was complaining about my little Stormy coming to class and that the other people didn't like it...first of all...there's only something like 3 other people who go and Stormy actually works out with us (it's very cute) and stays out of the way - she's a very behaved little girl! The other women always comment on how well behaved she is and that she's a "delight" to have in the class....so now, after being tired and not that motivated I've become a little too judgemental to listen to 'ol Jenny count to three for 45 minutes. See how easy it is to get me to not work out?!! I'm a little pissed off about it, but I'm sure I'll get over it and kick her skinny little arse some day!

Oh, I'm FINALLY going to Anchorage for another fill at the end of the month...I'm hoping to get cinched up good so I can dump another 20 lbs. this spring...that would be nice. However, strange things are happening here...ate WAY TOO much last night (big slice of greek pizza and then a LARGE slice of cheesecake) and woke up a pound LIGHTER! That phenomenon totally screws with my psyche!! It's probably because my muscles are diminishing already and my fat is lighter! Haha! I'm good with it though...that cheesecake actually made me feel gross for HOURS last night...won't be doing that again!