Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Macry! Good to hear from you and glad to hear that all went well!

Hi guys. Goodness, the golf ball feeling lasted all through my son's baseball game. Then it eased up. After the game the whole family wanted to go to Gunther Toodies...my Mom came to see the game...so I ordered only a small bowl of mashed potatoes with gravy. Well, after about two bits of that and the pressure started again. Goodness, it's quite painful. So now my chest really hurts. Then, by the time we got home, I think I may have been sliming. Kinda nasty. And then I threw up. All it was was gravy colored slime. (sorry to be grafic, but it's not like I had something stuck) Man, what an evening thus far. So from 5:30 to about 9:30 I've had some serious pressure or golfball or whatever. I feel a little better, but even Water feels like it's not going down. Wholly cow, what have I done to myself? Do you guys think that this eases up and gets better, or am I just overtight? Hate to do it, especially if I do have a slow leak, but I may have to have the Doc remove some of this tomorrow. I would suffer through a few days of this if it gets better, but hate to do that if it doesn't. (sorry if that doesn't make any sense):P:eek::):eek::)

Woofay,

That sounds terrible! I would deffinatly call Dr. K and try to get a little bit taken out, especially since you are having trouble with Water. So sorry to hear this is happening. keep us posted on how this unfolds for you. Hope yo

Hi guys. Goodness, the golf ball feeling lasted all through my son's baseball game.

Oh girl I feel for you! I just finished a horrible spell of being too tight. I had an unfill 2 weeks ago. But it was miserable. If you *can* stick to liquids a few days to see if some of the swelling subsides...great. Sometimes it is just the initial irritation of being filled -- you get a little swollen, maybe a little dehydrated and it can take a day or too to settle. That said, if you feel like it is just obnoxiously tight, like barely getting liquids tight -- don't hesitate to go back and get an unfill!

BTW, I was in Dr. K's office -- probably sitting there when you left Tuesday! My appt. was at 3:30 but they didn't see me til almost 5! I didn't care so much about waiting, but I skipped lunch (empty stomach is good for fills) and by 5pm I was STARVING! I almost fainted while getting the fill. I had to lay down twice while the needle was sticking out of my belly try to drink that water...wow, it sucked.

Please take it slow -- and if it's just too much, please go back! I waited too long b/c I hoped I was losing from not eating. Well I wasn't losing and I regret all that suffering for nothin'!:rolleyes

Marcy,

I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well!! :clap2::clap2:

I have just arrived into town and will go to my pre-op tomorrow afternoon, and banding on Thursday. I am dead tired tonight, so I should sleep, but hopefully tomorrow night I will be able to sleep.

What time was your surgery?

I am off to bed, be sure to give us an update tomorrow... add as many details as you want to!! :P

Jennifer

Hi, all. Well, I've been up all night, throwing up. I can't even swallow my own spit. I've made it to 7 this morning and I just called the Dr. office and they don't open until 9. There is an option for getting a hold of the doc directly. Do you consider this an urgent need? I hate to bug Doctors in off hours. I think that my hubby wanted to take me to the er last night, but after listening to what went on with Sunnysea, I don't think it would have done any good. I hate to spend an extra 200 bucks to have them send me home to "follow up with your doc in the morning". I don't even remember what hours he is available and what hours he is in surgery. Lordy, I think that I would drive to Parker right now and lay on the floor to have an unfill done....:help:

If you call him now, by the time you get here it will be close enough to opening time anyway and besides he will probably jest meet you at PArker?

Urgent? Yes it sounds like it to me.

okay, i left him a message. At least I waited until 8. Wonder how long his call back is. I have to get a sitter and stuff if he can get me in to get unfilled. I feel really bad. Wonder if you instantly feel better after the unfill? I tried a sip of Water, and I haven't returned it yet, but i don't think it has gone down either. Anyways, I'll quit whining. I'll let you know how it turns out.:think

so...I couldn't PM you, I just sent you an email, hope your doing okay

Woofay-

I am so sorry to hear about your bad night!!! I agree with Mal, this is an emergency. I am very glad that you called him.

I know that he is doing surgeries today, so hopefully before he starts or between the first two he can unfill you a little. There is no reason for you to feel that bad!

Get in there and get it taken care of. You are not bugging him and you had every right to call him. I bet, from what I have heard of him and feeling I have gotten, that he will agree totally.

Do be careful and take care of yourself!!

Jennifer

Woofay, It will only take a minute to get unfilled, I know how discouraging and uncomfortabe it is but you will feel better the minute he takes some out. I had gotten a complete unfill and then let it rest awlile so any swellig goes down. I have had 3 fills since, 1cc then 1/2cc and at the end of June I had another 1/2cc for a total of only 2cc. My fill DR. will only see me every 4 weeks and takes it too slow! My 1st fill with DR K was over 2cc's and the next day he put in almost another 1cc's, anyhow I stiil do not have restriction!!!! So even though you are going through this hell at least you know it won't take months to catch up, I wish I could have continued with Dr. K. You take care and I hope you feel better soon. These bands are tricky at times to say the least but I wouldn't be without mine for a minute. Hope to hear good news from you soon. Sunnysea:)

Oh no Woof!! If you can't swallow your own spit it is most definatley an emergency!! You should feel instantly better once you get some of your fill taken out.

I will be at Red Robin tomorrow night for sure!

Wednesday update - day 2. I'm more sore today than I was yesterday, but still not bad. My biggest worry right now is how to get all my liquid meds home. Does anyone know if TSA will let you have more than 3 oz of prescription meds? I'll try to call them and find out. What a pain!

I was able to sleep on my side (both of them) last nigt, but it was still a little restless...I think it's the whole "not being in my own bed" thing though.

So, I'm walking around in pajama pants and a tank-top...real sexy! We're going to go for a drive and maybe hit a dollar store so that will get me walking...me in my garb and my sister lookin' hot, hot, hot!

JenniferAZ - The surgery took just over an hour...he determined the size of the band once he was in there, but after my pre-op said he'd probbly use the 10cc band on me. I was in recovery for several hours (but usually that's just one hour). I was asleep and my sister asked that they just let me sleep and leave me and they were very obliged. Oh, I was at Health South, not at the other one in Parker.