Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Shesha~ I can see the difference in your pictures! Your bottom is so much smaller! You know, I've looked at mine and there is yet to be a real difference. (my hubby and I are taking monthly pictures of me. oh my) I have a lot more to lose than you, so hopefully sooner or later it will show as well as yours. So glad that your finally getting the port fixed. How long after surgery will he do another fill for you? I think I told you this before, you've done great without gaining this whole time. I think your weight loss will really take off after it's all fixed and filled! How long are you going to be in town? Maybe, if the surgery isn't too rough on you (its supposed to be easier than the full thing, isn't it?) we could maybe all get together? If your up for it. If not, another time.

Dynamo~ do you think we could get some of us together twice in one month? (If Shesha wants) I know I'm always up to going out~ especially to Denver! (I think I miss the bigness of Phoenix once in a while!):)

okay, so I decided to take MY picture today (first ones taken May 6th, before pre op diet). AND, I think I look bigger!! BOOOO, not gonna take more pictures for a long time!!!

Another thing...everyday, I seem to be eating less and less. I am just not hungry, I actually have to force myelf to eat so my body doesn't go into starvation mode and it is hard to make myself eat??? What is up with that? It is 5:30 and all I have had today is one egg, ham, cheese omelette, one Atkins Advantage (a half at a time) and then I forced myself to eat a south Beach Protein Bar. Hubby and I are going out to eat and I am just NOT hungry??

Hey Woofay!

Thanks! Yes, it's odd that my butt is getting smaller, since I have always been an 'apple' and not a "pear". After I had my baby though, my bottome widened - yay for me:phanvan, so I am glad it looks smaller.

I will only be in town a few hours. I fly in Sunday afternoon and fly home that monday, only a few hours after surgery.:( Yes, I am nuts. My sis will be on the flight with me, and I am flying to our local airport - as opposed to driving home from Milwaukee or Minneapolis - a 3 hour drive- as I usually do. I'll just recover on the plane! I really wish I could meet everyone though. I'll let you know when I am in town for my next fill. Maybe we can meet up then??

Hopefully Dr. K. is going to do a fill after I recover from the surgery. My surgery is at 11:00 and I have an appt at his office at 2:45 for the fill, if I feel up to it.:clap2:

Shesha~ I can see the difference in your pictures! Your bottom is so much smaller! You know, I've looked at mine and there is yet to be a real difference. (my hubby and I are taking monthly pictures of me. oh my) I have a lot more to lose than you, so hopefully sooner or later it will show as well as yours. So glad that your finally getting the port fixed. How long after surgery will he do another fill for you? I think I told you this before, you've done great without gaining this whole time. I think your weight loss will really take off after it's all fixed and filled! How long are you going to be in town? Maybe, if the surgery isn't too rough on you (its supposed to be easier than the full thing, isn't it?) we could maybe all get together? If your up for it. If not, another time.

Dynamo~ do you think we could get some of us together twice in one month? (If Shesha wants) I know I'm always up to going out~ especially to Denver! (I think I miss the bigness of Phoenix once in a while!):)

Shesha~That is awesome that Dr. K is going to do a fill tooo! Yay for you!! Your pictures are great, you are sooo adorable! Good job. I can't wait until I can notice a difference!

Woofay~I wish I felt lucky...It is soooooo bizzare!! I just don't get it, is it restriction??? That I am just not hungry? I ate at 8:00 this morning and then had the South Beach Bar at 4:00 and I made myself eat it because I realized that I didn't eat for so long?!?! Now for dinner hubby wanted to go to Wingstop...yummmmmm, I ate 6 wings and that was it, I felt full??? I just feel really weird, I don't get it???

Mal, that means its working! Yay for you! Yes, eating less is a good thing! Hee hee!:)

Shesha~ well, we'll all try and meet up when you stay a little longer.:think That is great that you are getting your fill the same day. It'll either hurt really bad (the needle) or you won't feel it at all. Hopefully, you won't feel it, or at least not remember it! Are you having the revision done in Parker or in the office?

Woofay~it is FREAKY BIZZARE!! I actually have to force myself or remind myself to eat??? I think I can get used to this, unless I pass out because I forgot to eat or didn't eat enough for the day????

Hi all,

I have been pretty busy this week so just reading a few posts when I can.

I actually wrote one last Monday after my phone call with Dr. K and Paula that my surgery was changed from July 31 to July 12. I was so excited and even though it looked like it might not happen, I thought I had gotten everything worked out. Well, just as I was finishing up the post and going to send my friend that was supposed to go with me called to say she couldn’t. I was SO upset.

After thinking about things and options that I have, I went past the second choice person to the third, my father. We are very close and he just happens to be planning to be in Phoenix the 11-19th, so he is just going to fly up the night of the 11th and fly home with me on the 14th.

I think it will work out fine. Maybe not my first choice, but he is great at the whole driving around and directions thing and I think will be helpful and mellow.

So, I am very excited, I am getting my band on the 12th!! I fly to Denver on the 10th and have my pre-op appt on the 11th in the afternoon. :whoo:

I am sorry to say I don’t think I will be there the night of the 12th, unless I happen to feel amazingly well.

I wanted to thank everyone who has been great about giving information so at this point I am really not nervous at all.

Ok, time for a few other comments.

Drewslou – I LOVE your new picture. I actually saw it posted on another board first and thought the picture was just great, and then looked at the name and saw it was you, which was even better!

Lap Dancer and Shesha – The pictures look great. It is so much fun (and very motivating) to see the pictures and changes. Keep up the great work!

Mal- I am so happy for you that you seem to have a good level of restriction. Any problems actually eating the food (well, besides the PB the other day when you were on all 4’s!)?

Woofay – Good luck on your fill tomorrow, I hope you get to your “sweet spot” on this fill – You and Mal can remind each other to eat.

Marcy – I am guessing you made it to Denver today. Good luck tomorrow, I will be watching for your post!

I am off to bed, have a ton of things to get done tomorrow to get ready.

Jennifer

One other thing I forgot to mention and ask about. I had my best friend come over yesterday and we took pictures and measurements for my “before” stats. I am telling you, that was the worst part of all of this so far. This is my best friend who is so great about things, understanding and has been overweight herself. She does not judge at all and has been totally supportive. None of that changed a thing. I was so tense and kind of freaking out. I took some pics in a sports bra and biker shorts. OMG!! I don’t think I realized how bad it had gotten!! :faint:

Did you all take before pictures and measurements? How did you handle it?

Jennifer

THE CHICKS ARE DOING WELL!

I've been in Fairbanks for a couple of days and am now at the airport (LONG layover) on my way to Denver. It'll take a while to get there - better connections on the way back though.

I'm getting anxious and considering asking Dr. K for a sedative for the night before so I will get some sleep....I'm one of those people who just can't sleep when I'm excited...I STILL wake up early on Christmas morning! LOL!

Be there soon!

Jennifer - I'm so glad that you didn't have to post-pone. I'm looking forward to MEETING everyone in Dr. K's office and just getting it done. I'm getting nervouse, but it's 12:30am and I'm in an airport on my way and that doesn't help anything! I think I'll take a Tylenol PM and see if I can sleep on the next flight!

Good luck sister!

Good Morning LB Buddies!

Jennifer~Congrats on your day, WOW!!!...You are coming out tomorrow! So what color and design did you get on your nails? You should post us a picture.

I have had no problems at all eating anything, I can eat just about anything that I have tried (with the exception of that first bite of tuna wrap, I think that was the day after my fill??). I can even eat steak and breads so far. I can't put my finger on the "being full" signal yet,(wether it is a rumble in my stomach or a bubble feeling????) but I don't eat much and I am satisfied for what seems to be tooooo long (if there is such a thing). Before my fill I wanted to eat everything in sight!

Yes, I did the before pictures. I wish I would of worn a sport bra and biker shorts. I think you will be greatful once the weight starts coming off. I wore a t-shirt and capris. I think I might have to retake in something different. After taking pictures again yesterday (and I think I look bigger now), I decided to measure and yes that was very depressing! I even bought a new scale, mine was sooo old.

So (cheers), here is to a new start!

Marcy~what time is your surgery tomorrow?

Woofay~I hope this fill tomorrow is "the one". I think I have 3cc in (he said 2.10..isin't that 3.00???)

Dynamo~sorry, I don't know why I typed in knee (maybe because I twisted mine and I was thinking of your ankle but feeling my knee???). How is the ankle?

Well, I called this morn and got my initial appointment. The soonest they can see me is Aug 24. Of course, I wanted it sooner. Maybe they will have a cancellation, and I can go sooner.

Marilyn