Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Anita,

You are so funny! I was laughing at the picture thing. I feel the same way. I asked my husband to take pictures of me front and side view every month on the same day! I am getting close to my first one month picture and am wondering why I ever asked him! LOL!

Anyway, dont worry about the over eating. I believe that once you get filled (TODAY!!) those 4lbs will just come right off! I am also eating more then I was or want too, but less then I used too. I went to a Sky Sox game on Sat and 1/2 a hot dog, a cookie, peanuts, and a piece of pizza so how is that for eating WAY to much! I am ashamed to even write it and share it. I have not weighed in a few days because I dont want to get discourged. Today I am back on eating good and am counting down the days until Friday! Good luck with your fill today. Let us know how it is!

Michelle,

I wont be able come in June at least the first half of the month. I am going home to CA for a short visit.

One more thing... about the PBing. When it happened to me it was immediate. Once I swallowed I was in trouble.

Okay ladies,

I am available as of today on June 4, Drews can't 5th, 6, 7, or 8th. So let's get us on the calendar. i am so excited that I lost another official 2 pounds from last Monday to today. I think I am going to put my scale away for a while, because I am a scale whore. (oops - when did that happen?)

Mother's Day was wonderful. My three boys all were there for me and hugging and kisses. We ate two times yesterday and I did great. So Drews, I still have a stubborn 5 pounds to let loose before Onederland, but i am crawling my way there. I understand what you said about letting the "weight loss" go and live. I need to keep that area focused, but not crazy obsessive, because i am setting myself up for a fall.

Hugs - let's really do this and see if it meets our needs,

Michelle

Angie38 - have a wonderful time in CA.

I think it will be a very casual get together. If it is wonderful we will do it again!

Anita - you are way funny and as I write this you are probably coming up here. Sooooooooo, make sure you write and tell me exactly what it was like. I have mine on Thursday.

Hugs all,

Well, guys, I did it! I've been filled! It was the weirdest thing I have ever been through. I sat up with this needle sticking out of my top "roll" and sipped Water until I thought that it felt the way it should, or the way he said it should feel. And that was that. I took 1.9 cc's this fill. Hee hee. We'll see how it feels when I eat. He said I could come back if I needed more. It was a bit painful, but nothing unmanagable. That hard knot around my port/incision area is Fluid. He said my body would re-absorb it. I think I could have gone more, but I didn't want to. Don't want to overdo it. I've heard some pretty wild stories about being over filled. Especially since I am local and don't have the additional expense of plane tickets or anything. I can go back up next week if I need to. He seemed to be in a pretty good mood today. The whole thing only took about 15 min I would say.

I'll let you know how it goes when I eat something solid. Little scared, but I have been with every step so far, and I do just fine. I'm such a baby.

well I am 4 weeks from banding, Last week was the first week I felt like I could eat a little more but really have not tried. I think the swelling is going down and the food much easier also. Up until last week could barely eat at night time. Now easier. Trying to stay on track with what I eat. Last night ate a little more than usual and felt sick. I have 2 more weeks until a fill and want to keep on track. But I am really glad to hear similar stories.

Anita thanks for letting me know what to expect. Sitting up with a needle out of me. Okay. I'm ready for that fill.

I guess some of us are starting to feel hungry again. Angie your story was funny and upbeat. I have to remember when I could eat four or five pieces of pizza rather than one. Then all the other thing with it.

I'll be in Denver June 6th and seeing Dr. K on June 7th at 11:45.

Hi All!!

I have been very busy lately. No time to post.

Well, I still have a flipped port. I can't get in to have it fixed before Dr. K goes to Africa, so I have to wait until JULY 23rd!! I am so disapointed. I haven't lost a pound in about 3 weeks!

He did say that he would try doing the port revision under a local. Yay me! I am, however, bringing my sister along with me, just incase they have to revert to a standard anthestetic.

Not much else going on... Keep on keepin' on!:eek:

Hi everyone. I have been lurking around forever now. I fly to CO on Monday to be banded on tuesday. Any advice? I am worried about the flight home. It is a non-stop from denver to Cincinnati, so that is one good thing. Should I take a pillow on the plane?

What did you all take for your hotel rooms? My mom is going with me thank goodness.

We fly to CO monday AM, for a 4pm appt with Dr. K, then surgery on the 22nd, post-op on the 23rd and home on the 24th.

I printed out some stuff on the page with all threads about what to have for after the surgery, but hotel rooms are so much different than being at home. Thanks, Kat

Hi All!!

Well, I still have a flipped port. I can't get in to have it fixed before Dr. K goes to Africa, so I have to wait until JULY 23rd!! I am so disapointed. I haven't lost a pound in about 3 weeks!

He did say that he would try doing the port revision under a local. Yay me! I am, however, bringing my sister along with me, just incase they have to revert to a standard anthestetic.

Not much else going on... Keep on keepin' on!:youcandothis:

Hi Shesha, I've been wondering what's going on with you. Starting to think maybe something was causing a problem. But it sounds like all is well, just some unfortunate delays. Good news about the local anesthetic. You are forgiven for not posting often, but please do let us know when you have news about how this all works out.

Mark

Hi, labgeek! Welcome and good luck with the banding! The most useful thing I took was soft, loose clothing. I am local (within an hour of Parker), but there was a threat of a blizzard, so we stayed at the Hampton Inn by the surgical center. Pain meds and soft clothes. And, if you have one, a lap top computer. That was my life saver! They had free high speed internet and I sat on this website the entire time until my surgery. (I'm a bit of a baby!) I did get to go home afterwards, (storm missed us), so I don't know what you'll need for aftercare in a hotel. When we came home, it was a very bumpy ride, (the roads here are horrid) and even using my seatbelt it wasn't too bad. Also, I got a hotel room that had a little fridge. liquid meds and suppositories need to be refridgerated (not the lortab). I'm very excited for you! Keep us posted, okay? :youcandothis:

Hi All!!

Not much else going on... Keep on keepin' on!:youcandothis:

There you are! Thanks for checking in... I've been wondering about you!

Hi Sheesa,

July 23rd. Let me know if you need anything. Good to know your are doing okay.

Wow! So many posts, has anyone else had trouble with the LBT website?

Sheesa - glad you have a plan and let us support you.

Woofay - you are too funny - I'll just think acupuncture and get through my fill on Thursday. I'll let you know if I cried.

Labgeek - welcome! For me there wasn't much pain, but the nausea was more of a problem. Those suppositories, that I thought I would never use, were a life saver. Wear really loose clothes. I chose a mumu type housedress and felt happy that I didn't need underwear. Some people said a pillow on the lap really helped them drive (fly?) home with the seat belt. You won't want anything rubbing your incisions. Best wishes, Dr. K's a great surgeon.

DrewsLou - I was 201 naked this am, but "officially" yesterday with clothes I was 205. It was down two pounds from last official weigh in. I am happy about it, I just think I get too anxious waiting for the weight to drop off. How are you doing?

Well, it was my one month bandiversary yesterday. Am I happy I did this? You bet. I feel I have a chance for the healthy life that I deserve. For all you undecideds out there make sure your commitment is firm, get your questions answered and if everything supports a "go" DO IT! I had a wonderful realization this morning that my bra extender wasn't needed any more. Yeah! I am getting measured today with my trainer. i just know it is better, I am moving more easily.

Hugs to everyone,

Michelle

Dynamo~ yes, I am having trouble with the website. None of the links are working correctly.

Maybe we could try and get together when Lap Dancer gets here...I know some can't, but I'd be happy to try and make two different days, in June to meet everyone, even if it can't be all at one time. Just let me know. I'm up for about anything!