Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi Anita! Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day here in Colorado! I swear it can be snowing outside but the sun will be out and we will have the bluest sky! ;) Dr K did not tell me anything about fills, he is always so busy so he just takes care of business and goes about his way! All he has ever really told me is not to vomit... (which i did with that Water incident!). His intern gave me the packet. An important thing about the bag that we forgot to mention was that it had a card in it that identifies you as a lap band patient should anything happen to you. It also has a card in that you can show restaurants’ asking that you be allowed to order off the senior or child’s menu. Once I go for my fill I will tell you all about it!

Robin,

I will blow the mountains a kiss for you! :kiss2: Why did you move to Oklahoma? I work at Fort Carson :usa: so I can look outside and blow the mountains a big kiss for you! :angel:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement on being a slowwwww loser. I am still not giving up -- I am just hoping i will catch up to everyone with my fill. I think I am also behind because I only had a week pre-op diet... and it was just low card. I also need to throw my scale out the window. I weigh any chance I get looking for any kind of change! I am a "scale whore"! :decision:

Mine is Monday the 14th and I'm not sure it can come soon enough. <---------

Anita,

Your fill is before mine!! You will have to tell me all about it. I hope Dr K does not leave you waiting too long. That is the only thing that drives me crazy-- he is so dang busy. Last time at my one week post op I waited a hour and a half for my 2 minute appointment. BUT it is worth it all.

Robin,

OMG! That is so encouraging about your loss! :clap2: Thanks! Are you exercising? Yippee! There is hope! :flypig:

Hi All You Dr. K Beauties or Handsom Dudes,

I hope to see you there tonight! I hope to get a picture of all of us to post. Maybe we can do it monthly as another encouragement.

I had my "official" weigh in and I have lost 2 3/4 pounds in the last week. Now, it doesn't match the first couple of weeks, but I'll take it.

Angie38 - I exercise 40 - 50 minutes aerobically 3 - 5 days per week. I have to at my age to get the metabolism moving. I am eating almost total Protein, I cut the Beans out because they seemed to hold on to the weight. So far, meat, eggs, Protein Shakes and Benefiber chewables are part of my day. At lunch sometimes a salad with a protein and very little FF dressing. I am also drinking a lot of Water. Last night I had a South Beach dinner 230 calories. Not great on taste, but easy. I threw part of it away, the green beans were gross.

Hope to see whoever can get there tonight!

Michelle

Okay, root canal is completed and thus far not too bad. Hee hee. They wanted me on Amoxicyllin and I remembered right before I left that I needed liquid...heehee. What an adjustjment! Also couldn't take the advil they offer right after...came home for my liquid motrin!

Thanks for the congrats, Angie! Seems silly to pat a back for 1 lb. But, I'll take what I can get.

Dynamo~ you'r right on the ball with the diet and loss! You are really taking care of yourself!

Do you realize we all get to meet Drewslou tonight? A bandster that it has worked well for and done so well....(I'm not worthy! ;) )

Do you realize we all get to meet Drewslou tonight? A bandster that it has worked well for and done so well....(I'm not worthy! ;) )

Stop that! You ARE worthy!!!

Can't wait to meet you all tonight!! :P

Oh hey Anita,

Congrats on the moving scale!! One time at weight watchers the leader held a candle that was in the form of and weighed one pound of fat. I was amazed at how much one pound looks like...be proud very proud. I don't own a scale that works, so I guess I will either buy a new one or just go by the Dr's?? Anyway good job!

Can you believe this... I was teling youhow I have had sooo many root canals, then my tooth started to hurt and now it looks as if some punched me in the jaw!!! OUCH!!! My jaw is swollen and the PAIN.I just know it is a deep infection. So needless to say after work today I am heading to my dentist for some antibiotics and pain meds. Do you think that Dr. K will do the surgery if I am on antibiotics for the infection? I really don't want to explain to the dentist why I would prefer the 5 day antibiotics...I have terribel pain from my jaw to my temple! OUCH!!!

I guess I will have to meet everyone at the next meeting.

Does anyone remember what we are supposed to bring to the meeting tonight? Was it a recipe? I will also be there but late...

do you know how long the meeting lasts? I dont expect to be there until about 7:00 and not sure I should make the drive if it will be over at 8:00?

Angie - I think it was a recipe, but I have been really limiting what I eat. I think it would be cool to do a roster and share phone numbers if we want would be better for me. I'll hang with you if the meeting gets over, maybe we (all) could go get some Decaf or something.

Hugs - and I'm psyched! I get to meet Drews!!!

Michelle

Mal, I'm sorry about your tooth. I do and can feel for you! It's too bad we won't see you tonight, but I'm sure someone will post some pics for you. (I don't know how to do that on here!)

I know that I don't have any recipes yet. I eat fish, meat and drink those Protein vials in bottled Water all day. (unless I have a moment) And sometimes a proshake for Breakfast. Maybe they want them from people that have been doing this longer.

Decaf (or just plain sugar free) sounds great to me. I'll have to ask my Hubby what my curfew is...ha! I almost (no completely) never go out. Hope I don't fall asleep at 8:30!!!

Anyone hear from Tater? Is she coming? Misty!!! Where are you??

I can't wait to hear how the meeting went! I am soooo bummed! I went to the dentist and she was confused. The x-ray showed very little reason for the swelling and pain. She wants me to see two oral surgeons!! She said to call first hing in the morning. One to drain the swelling and one to check three teeth and to see what might have caused this?? Then she said that if my throat starts to hurt then go to the ER immediatly. I was balling on the way home. Thinking what if i have to spend alot on this and what if I won't be able to have my LB on May 18th...WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? I just can't believe this is happening. I am going to call my regular dentist in the morning. I am going to ask him if I start the antibiotics and the pain meds and if the swelling goes down and I feel better could I just leave it at that? I was sitting there thinking about all you ladies and gents having a nice meet and greet, wishing I were there! I swear I jinxed myself talking about all my root canals. Totally bummed!

I can't wait to see the pictures! I'll see everyone at the next meeting. I too have been wondering how Tater Bug is doing, haven't heard from her in a while....Tater, how ya doin?

Good morning, Mal. How is your jaw/face/teeth? I hope that you feel better. Only three of us from this thread were able to make it last night. Me, Michelle (Dynamo!) and Amy (Drewslou!). It was so great to actually see the people that help me out or make me feel better about myself. Next time we should all just probably meet for coffee somewhere or something so we can chat a little more. It would probably be a little more therapeutic than the meeting was. (and get the rest of us together)

My scale hath moved further! Woo hoo! I broke the 250 barrier and seeing the 4's on the scale have left me giddy! :)

We got a picture of Me, Amy and Michelle together, but I really don't know how to post pics on here. Lap Dancer....your pics at surgery time were so good....can you give any info on how to do that?

Hope that everyone we haven't heard from in a while is okay...like Misty? Sunnysea?