Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dont forget me!! Woofay, Mal, Spot, Drews.... I hope to see you Tuesday evening. I thought it might be fun to take a group picture if everyone is okay with it. I will try to remember the camera. Sometimes my memory doesn't work.

I am going to try and come as well. I think I lost my warrantee card! I was looking for it and can't find it.

DynamoMini <-- band sister! - I did the same thing as you did with the chicken-- mine was chicken too. I think I waited to long to eat and i was really hungry and wham!! My band let me know that i was not going to swallow that chicken whole as I used too. I actually spit up, several times to get it out. I was scared because I remember Dr K telling me over and over not to vomit and that was the most important part of healing and it also hurt. At first I walked got some hiccups and then it came! Believe me, I have slowed down since then! vbmenu_register("postmenu_461626", true);

Anita~ Good luck with the root canal. I know those are not fun, I have had my share! My dentist calls me the root canal queen (I know, not funny), but it seems like everytime I see him, I need a root canal. I have terrible dental genes (yeah, I'll blame it on the genetics).LOL

I do plan on going to the meeting. So far no reason why I won't be there. Things change so rapidly around my house, I never know what is going to happen??

Dynamo~I would love get a group picture! I am a picture lover, just not me in them, I am usually the one taking the pictures...but yeah maybe I'll bring my camera too.

My first day on the "Atkins" diet, not too bad, but I usually don't have a problem during the day...it's the after 5:00 that gets me. Someone brought chocolate cupcakes today and I didn't have one. My problems start at 5:00 until I go to sleep (usually around 10:00), I eat everything in sight. If I do eat during the day, its like a race, big bites and a few chews and I am done. Then the weekends are always tough. Paula said that I would have a challenge with making myself eat more often during the day and the small bites and chewing well, are very important. I guess everything will be totally opposite for me, I am trying to use a baby spoon to eat with and chew really well and it is REALLY hard to do for me.

*sniff*

I had to cancel my surgery. The lenders, the FHA jackasses, are going to make me pay off my car with the money, thus only leaving me 2-3k left. As we all know, that's a few thousand shy of what's needed to have surgery.

I will see about getting a loan or something but that all can't be done till the refinance is over with. I might even go with the "beg my daddy" route but he's out to sea right now and I can't initiate the only-child beg until he's back, lol.

It's going to rock not having to make a $376 car payment each month but it certainly won't be a nice as rocking a thinner body.

*sigh*

Angie - I didn't mean to leave you off, sorry.

I want to meet all of you.

Spot - you can be our honorary bandster until it all works out. I think it is important not to give up on yourself. Just think that any weight you can drop now is weight you won't have to drop after being banded. Hugs!

See as many as can make it on Tuesday. I bet we will all want to talk at once.

Smiling on a rainy afternoon,

Michelle

Dynamo and Angie~ when did Dr. K give you these cards for the warantee? Before surgery, after? I never recieved anything, before, after, or at my one week. Hummmm...how long did you have to mail it in? And what exactly does that do for you? Come up in case of recalls? Hee hee, just kidding! :biggrin1:

Spot, I'm so sorry. Don't give up hope. Maybe there is a different loan you can do. And like you said, the gee pleeeez daddy approach works too! ( I always liked that one myself!) And this is something important enough to do that for!

Try and see you all Tues...and yes, a picture would be awsome! I'll bring my camera too!

Thanks!

I'm not going to give up all hope. I am seriously bummed though that I'll have to wait. Also, if I go with the "daddy" route, he's going to want me to go to Mexico as he's a firm believer in Mexico procedures. I'll have to see what I can do to change his mind on that. I'm sure I don't have to explain to you all my hesitations though.

Okay, I'm off to go have a pity party.

Spot, sorry to hear the disapointing news. Why can they tell you what to spend the money on? You should be able to use the money for whatever you want. What about Dr. K? Does he have a financial group that offers loans/payments? I thought I heard somewhere that he did?? I hope things work out for you. Please let us know what "dad" says.

I wish you the best!

Hi all!!

Wow! I've learned my lesson. You take a few days off from the forum and geesh is there a lot to catch up on when you return!!

No progress on my port flip. I got back to the office on Friday and called Dr. K's office to see how I should schedule this port revision. I asked marilyn if I could have it done under a local anthestic so I wouldn't have to go under. She didn't know, and Dr. K is out of the office until Tuesday, so I have to wait.

I'll let you know what I find out!

Thanks to all of you offering me a place to stay! How sweet! We'll have to see what the Dr. says. I am hoping I can do this in one day...:Banane43:

Hi all!!

Wow! I've learned my lesson. You take a few days off from the forum and geesh is there a lot to catch up on when you return!!

No progress on my port flip. I got back to the office on Friday and called Dr. K's office to see how I should schedule this port revision. I asked marilyn if I could have it done under a local anthestic so I wouldn't have to go under. She didn't know, and Dr. K is out of the office until Tuesday, so I have to wait.

I'll let you know what I find out!

Thanks to all of you offering me a place to stay! How sweet! We'll have to see what the Dr. says. I am hoping I can do this in one day...:Banane43:

I've been wondering how it's all working out. Sounds like you still have to work out a few details. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. It should work out smoothly, but still, it's a stressful thing. Let us know how it goes.

Shesha - let us know how it goes and this community can help you out! Maybe Dr. K will be able to manipulate the port without a lot of complicated procedures. He's a great surgeon.

The rest of you - See you Tuesday if you can. Hope the cold snap is over.

Re - the warrantee, I got this plastic goody bag, that I gave back with the brochure ( that I already had) so I said to please recycle, then they just told me to fill out the card and mail it in. It was no special deal. I didn't ask any questions. Dumb me. It is probably a way to track people with the band. I should have put in for the TT I will need in a year. LOL

Hugs and stay dry and warm,

Michelle

Angie - I didn't mean to leave you off, sorry.

I want to meet all of you.

Spot - you can be our honorary bandster until it all works out. I think it is important not to give up on yourself. Just think that any weight you can drop now is weight you won't have to drop after being banded. Hugs!

See as many as can make it on Tuesday. I bet we will all want to talk at once.

Smiling on a rainy afternoon,

Michelle

Michelle you are so sweet. What a great thought.

Hey everyone! I've been vegetating a bit the past few days. Going to try to go for a full week at work tomorrow so chillin'.

I wish I could meet you all at Dr. K's meeting. That would be fantastic. Maybe some day!

I hit 25 pounds off today! It feels good.

Lap Dancer - you are doing so wonderfully. What is your daily eating plan? I seem to be waiting around for the weight to drop instead of working out to boost my metabolism. No wonder my scale isn't budging.

Goal for this week - stick with the food plan and work out five times.

It would be wonderful to meet you, but email is a great avenue too.

Hugs and have a great day - I am going to the gym.

Michelle

Lap Dancer - you are doing so wonderfully. What is your daily eating plan? I seem to be waiting around for the weight to drop instead of working out to boost my metabolism. No wonder my scale isn't budging.

Goal for this week - stick with the food plan and work out five times.

It would be wonderful to meet you, but email is a great avenue too.

Hugs and have a great day - I am going to the gym.

Michelle

Hello Michelle!

My eating plan had only deviated a few times, most noteably when I cat hacked. I sip my Propell Water all day so that by the end of the day I have consumed 10 glasses of water or 80 oz. of water. I think this is why I am losing weight at a steady clip because water flushes my system well. Breakfast is Protein in the form of a shake, lunch is protein in the form of a shake, afternoon drive home booster is also a shake and a high protein dinner in the form of baby food, cheese, soft soft soft overcooked chicken...about 2 oz. I supplement with whey Protein Powder, chocolate, in coffee with ice to make a latte that doesn't taste like my old lattes' but is close enough.

I lost quite a bit of weight once on the Adkins diet so some of this is old hat to me. A good fit.

Anyone else feeling ease on their joints? Decrease in back pain? This is where I am putting my focus. My health.

How is everyone else doing today? Have a good weekend so far?