Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Sunnysea! Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you had to go through what you did! That's too bad Dr. Kemmerling treated you the way he did initially. How nice of him! Ugh. ;) Even though you had this unfill problem, it's gotta make you happy you don't have him for a Dr. I go to Madison for a fill on Tuesday for the first time, so I'll let you know how it goes. I am sure there will be more band Dr's around here soon, with all it's popularity.

I'll be up your way in July for a wedding in Escanaba. Maybe we can meet up for a coffee, margarita or pasty or something! :D

Hi Sheila, I would love to get together when you come through town in July or any other time you are in the area:) By the way you look fantastic in your before and after picture, my face as changed alot too! I lose weight from the head down, you know what that means (pear) all the way, i'm not complaining though I am so thrilled to be losing all of this extra baggage. When I 1st saw you're picture I had to do a double take because it said Shesha and I had to look again because it looks so differant than you're avaitor. It's great to be able to put a face with a name of someone you have been talking to online,i'm like oh that is our Dr. K. Shesha! lol! Oh ya, how did you're fill go in Madison? Take Care, Sunnysea

Hi Angie, I'm doing good, just don't ever want to go through that again. I am wide open again so I need a fill soon but I'm going to have to stick around here so that if that ever happens again I will have someone to take care of it. I wish that I lived closer so I could come to the support group meetings and meet everyone. As for looking for a job I don't know what to do, my old employer said that I wasn't fired that I choose to walk off the job! My HB called them when I had gotten home and said that I would have a Dr's excuse for that day and that I was given a 2 weeks notice, and then the assistant manager that I had walked out on called me at home the next evening from her house and told me that she would'nt accept my 2 week notice and that they were going to cover my hours, that's fired to me!?!? I don't know I just could'nt take anymore. Don't be hard on your self about the pizza, I did the same thing only I was about 3 weeks out. It's a scary feeling when you realize that you can eat anything, now is the time then to switch thinking and get off of your all soft foods and start hydrating between meals and then eat your solid meal and let the band do it's job. Granted I don't know if you're completly ready to do this but you should be soon. Even though our bands are not restricted much it seems that when I follow this i'm not as hungry until the next meal or snack. Take Care, Sunnysea

Hi Sunnysea! Know that better things are on the horizon. Accept it and look for it and anticipate good things.

Everyone sounds like they are coming along. Woofay I saw on the news you all got some snow. Wow. Hard to fathom that. Stay warm.

Wish I could make May but I can't. I think I can hold out until July for my fill. My band is doing magic.

I sip EAS brand AdvantEDGE 3 bottles for 41 grams of Protein for sure. Takes me all day to sip them.

Gerber baby food has Phase 3 dinners. The mac & cheese is going down so easy, mushy and I still take my time to consume it. Portion if for a Toddler which is about our tummy's right now. Got a few peas and carrots in there that taste fresh.

Propel Water...vitamins in it and great flavor to stay hydrated.

Bandages came off one by one and the last one came off in the shower last night.

Everyone else doing good?

Dr. K is going to Africa in June. Do we want to try to meet up in July?

Anyone else GAME (pun intended)

Patty

I just want to say hi to everyone! I'm finding my self having a hard time posting, I just can't put my thoughts into words as easy lately. I have been working in my flower gardens splitting some perrenials and that does wonders for my mood. When I hear snow in Denver maybe I am glad I don't live there, I would'nt be able to take anymore, i'm sure it melts fast. Watch now that I said that it will snow here! I lucked out when I was there for my fill it was beautiful out. Talk Later, Sunnysea

Thank you LapDancer, It was so Great meeting you in Dr. K's office!;) I'm so happy to hear that you are doing good and i'm sooo envious of where you live!!! You're support means alot to me. Your Friend, Sunnysea

Sending warm waves of sunshine your way Sunnysea. My bouganvilla are blooming lovely. They are fuscia in color.

Gardenias are starting to blossom as well.

LapDancer and Sunny Sea - Hi. Glad the traumas are working out. I am scheduled for a fill May 17th. Dr. K says there is little restriction because I can eat regular food one week out of surgery. I am working hard to keep to the plan, Protein Shake, and lots of Water. I have resumed exercise, at least the aerobic type. I hope that helps. The weight loss has slowed big time. But then, I am eating more. You figure out when you'll be in town, then I will work around you since I am here.

Smiles,

Michelle

Hey guys!

It has been a tuff week for me. I was healing and moving so well after surgery, then I went to work on Monday and OMG... I have never felt so terrible! When I went to work in the am.. the only swelling was a little right over the large incession.. by the time I got home.. my entire abdomin was so swollen.. and I hurt more then I ever did after surgery. I took Tues off.. took lots of pain meds, wrapped my belly in ice and buried myself under the blankets and slept. Got the nerve to call in to work on Wed.. and slept all day again. I went to work today and I felt so much better. I actually did a little bit of my work standing.. well.. sorta standing.. I had my legs slipt so wide apart that I wasn't too much higher then my chair.. Good thing Im short. hehe.

I am okay tonight.. just very very tired and a little touchy painish. It was a late night tonight at work and will be another long day tomorrow.

I will try to make it to the May meeting..I would love to see you all!

Take care all..

DynamoMini, thanks for your kind words!

When is this May meeting? I wonder if I'll be there?

Hey all!

I have been so busy doing a bunch of nothing...I have been thinking alot about everyone. I hope all is well. I have been going back and forth for the bazillionth time. I am running out of time...May 18th!

Hang in there my friends!

Hey guys!

It has been a tuff week for me. I was healing and moving so well after surgery, then I went to work on Monday and OMG... I have never felt so terrible! When I went to work in the am.. the only swelling was a little right over the large incession.. by the time I got home.. my entire abdomin was so swollen.. and I hurt more then I ever did after surgery. I took Tues off.. took lots of pain meds, wrapped my belly in ice and buried myself under the blankets and slept. Got the nerve to call in to work on Wed.. and slept all day again. I went to work today and I felt so much better. I actually did a little bit of my work standing.. well.. sorta standing.. I had my legs slipt so wide apart that I wasn't too much higher then my chair.. Good thing Im short. hehe.

I am okay tonight.. just very very tired and a little touchy painish. It was a late night tonight at work and will be another long day tomorrow.

I will try to make it to the May meeting..I would love to see you all!

Take care all..

Sounds like you tried to do too much too soon like I did. Fine here too until I went to work. I think the ones who have no problems going back soon are the ones who have desk jobs, answering phones, and can sit all day. That isn't my job.

I'm three days buried in the blankets. Much better.

I am feeling restriction. I had half cup of food for Breakfast and just finished 11 oz of Protein Drink slowly as in took me one hour to do both. I'm full, sore full and will stop putting anything down for awhile.

MET MY GOAL of 20 pounds in April !!! Woo Hoo~

Well, I'm glad to hear (well not glad, but you know what I mean) that I am not the only one with a bit of swelling in the afternoon and evening. And let's face it, we're women and we always overdo it and always have a bit more expected of us, physically and mentally. (taking care of kids, work, house, fixing dinner, etc.!) We all felt pretty darn good afterwards but didn't let it get any better than that. It's good to hear that you're all doing better now though.

It's hard to believe that today makes 2 weeks since I had it done. Can't believe it! My husband is so proud of me. And I am able to eat whole foods now too. I haven't tried anything too crazy, but I have tried some soft chicken and softer lunch meat, cheese and unblended Soups. Thank goodness, I was going a little nuts! I'm glad too because with the liquid/mushie stages I was doing a few more carbs than I care to. There is only so many products you can do on that list! :omg:

It's also good to see you all back on here and I don't have to wonder how you are! I do understand the curling up in bed and leave me alone thing though. Have you all been quite tired also? There have been days that I could sleep all day and still go to bed by 9! And my house truly shows it! I forced myself to get down one and a half of those 42gm pro vials from IDS and the last two days have been much better. At first they made me really sick to my stomach, I even had to do the dreaded phenergan sup. Didn't wanna, but it sure helped.

Lap Dancer, Im so proud of you for reaching you goal this month! Good job! Did you come up with your goals yourself, or did someone help you out? I wasn't sure what to do and sort of made up some numbers for the next year and a half on the morning of surgery cuz I needed something to distract me. I had no idea that I would be down 22 lbs this month, so I'm not sure what needs adjusting. Plus, things have stopped moving on the scale, so who knows what is realistic for goals. :lol:

Have a great day everyone!

Hi!

I remember back until I was about a month post op I had swelling in my belly area. It was worse at the end of the day after sitting at my desk all day at work.

The next Dr K support group meeting is May 8th at 6:30 at his office.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

DrewsLou,Anita,Jenna and Misty and any of you that I haven't named -

I hope to see everyone at the May 8th meeting at 6:30 in Dr. K's office.

I taught religious school the Saturday after surgery and I was lucky it was only 3 hours and I had help.

I think this is big surgery and you need to give yourself the time to heal. That said, I am eating regular food now, chewing like crazy and not feeling a lot of restriction. Only if I woof something down too quickly without chewing do I feel the golfball.

I am scheduled for my first fill on May 17th. I think it will be just in time. So far I have been sticking pretty close to high Protein, low carbs, but I can see the old "eat everything in sight" habits creeping in.

Well, talk with you later. Thanks for being here!

Michelle

May 8th, eh? That's too bad. I was hoping it would fall on a day that I was going to be down there. Thanks for calling and posting that DrewsLou.

Maybe some other time I'll make sure I schedule myself for a fill around meeting time.