Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I am down 2 pounds this week. :blink: Yayyyyy... I finally hit my 75 pounds loss. That was one nasty 21 pounds... it took me 10 months to lose it :thumbup:

I have been doing really well these last few weeks, I know it can't last forever, but I'll take the losses where I can get em. :wub:

I am down 2 pounds this week. :blink: Yayyyyy... I finally hit my 75 pounds loss. That was one nasty 21 pounds... it took me 10 months to lose it :thumbup:

I have been doing really well these last few weeks, I know it can't last forever, but I'll take the losses where I can get em. :wub:

Congrats!! I'm still waiting on 70 :eek:

Hi friends.

I was thinking how nice it would be to invite Dr. K to one of our gatherings waaaaaaaaay in advance of the actual gathering so we could plan a time that is good for him. I owe so much to that man I can't begin to describe it.

We also should do a cruise together. There has to be more of us out there that can piggy back together and do some lovely cruise someplace.

Mem620 your hooters are going down and your face is getting some structure to it. You do look different. I love your top, I have one just like it...smiles.

Patty

Patty, you crack me up - you have no idea how far down those hooters go...then again, maybe you do? :thumbup:

I love the suggestion of inviting Dr. K., it might be a nice opportunity for him to see us in real life.

My 20th anniversary is next June, and we are planning an Alaskan cruise. I hope to finalize it soon and will share the details once we know. That would be so much fun to have fellow lapbanders on board!

Mary

Hi Ladies,

I am jumping on your bandwagon, if there is room (?)....My surgery with Dr. Brown in Denver is set for Sept 1st., and so I am a total newbie hoping to learn from you all.

Counting down the days until this surgery!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Welcome Colorado! We are happy to have you on the bandwagon. Keep us posted on the Sept. surgery. We have all been there and are happy to share our ideas and suggestions.

Mary

Congratulations! I admire your hard work and drive. Look what you have accomplished. Now, if you could just get that surgery!

Mary

I am up 1. I am all of a sudden going from extra tight, to loose enough that I can eat 2 big taco's (bean and beef homemade hardshell) at one sitting. Apparently I need a fill, but I'm going to have to wait until DH gets a job or I start back at work in September. I still have bad reflux though. You think a fill might help that too?

Maybe I should go on the preop diet again, to help me breack the 240 mark. How many carbs did all of you take in on the preop? I went on 0 carbs, but bodies need carbs right? I think I was just worried about shrinking my liver that I went a little overboard.

Maybe I should go on the preop diet again, to help me breack the 240 mark. How many carbs did all of you take in on the preop? I went on 0 carbs, but bodies need carbs right? I think I was just worried about shrinking my liver that I went a little overboard.

I do the preop diet everytime I hit a plateau. It works! When I was on the preop, I didn't allow myself any carbs. I ate meat and low carbs veggies only. I lost fast and didn't feel any cravings.

I am down 2 pounds this week. :thumbup: Yayyyyy... I finally hit my 75 pounds loss. That was one nasty 21 pounds... it took me 10 months to lose it :(

Congrats! So tell all of us what you did to get things moving!

Lady Dee, i can't conceive of returning to denver and not seeing you!:thumbup: Anon, alas, and alack!:ohmy: (Can u tell i'm preparing 4 a week at the shakespearean festival?:eek:)

how canst a troupe of banditos carry on whilst they are den8ied the presence and counsel of their beloved duchess?:eek::w00t::(:eek:

You are so funny! I love it!

Hi Ladies,

I am jumping on your bandwagon, if there is room (?)....My surgery with Dr. Brown in Denver is set for Sept 1st., and so I am a total newbie hoping to learn from you all.

New as I am, I got to have lunch with KayleighsMommy yesterday after my first meeting with Dr. B! I am so grateful for her efforts to reach out and help me! Thank you KayleighsMommy! How cool to meet IRL. She told me a little bit about you all and the Red Robin meetings - I look forward to meeting you some day when I return to Denver for one of my fills.

Counting down the days until this surgery!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Welcome to our little group! Let us know when you're going to be back in town and we can plan a Red Robin night!

Deb - 10lbs-2.2-1.0-2.4:wink:

Lapdancer - 25lbs-3.3-2.0-3.0:blink:

Laptastic - 10lbs-1.0+0.0+0.0:wink:

Lotza - 5lbs-1.0+1.0+0.0+1.0:blink:

KayleighsMommy - 10lbs-3.2-2.6-2.6-2.0:blink:

Mini - 10lbs+0.0+0.0-1.2wink.gif

Party - 20lbs-6.6-1.2+0.0-2.0:blink:

Hey Dudes!

I've been a working fool! I worked 4 in a row and am starting another 3 tomorrow night! I only had 2 days off, had to sleep one of them and today I had a mandatory class! So basically, I had no day off!

I am so broke, I have no other choice but to work all the extra I can.

I am on my new challenge. I think it's working because even after working 4 shifts and having a lot of dependent edema, I still lost 2 lbs! I imagine I have lost a lot more! But I'll have to wait until I can get some of this Water weight off.

I keep having Water weight too. My ankles don't swell nearly as much as they used to, so I can't complain. I haven't been losing much at all, but I just got back on chewable food and I have no fill. They might try it again in a couple weeks. I am supposed to start back to Water aerobics in September when the new Y opens, so that will probably help. Stomach is very touchy, so I am never sure about the reflux, but I can eat Tomato stuff and I couldn't do that before the band, so it must be doing something.

You can go no carb for quite a while, pure Adkins. I went pretty low, but I needed some fruit now and then. I haven't touched bread or crackers since the before the pre-op diet. I just get bored with meat and veggies.

We're not allowed any overtime where I work. It would be nice so I could pay down the bills, but, oh well.

I keep having Water weight too. My ankles don't swell nearly as much as they used to, so I can't complain. I haven't been losing much at all, but I just got back on chewable food and I have no fill. They might try it again in a couple weeks. I am supposed to start back to Water aerobics in September when the new Y opens, so that will probably help. Stomach is very touchy, so I am never sure about the reflux, but I can eat Tomato stuff and I couldn't do that before the band, so it must be doing something.

I have had a horrible time with dependent edema since gaining so much weight. I am hoping that the more I lose the less an issue it will be. I have found that I am very carb sensitive and I have more edema with higher intake of carbs. I am on the 20/30/50 plan now 20- carbs, 30- fat, and 50- Protein. My Protein doesn't exceed 60grams so I think it won't tax my kidneys. That's the biggest problem with Atkins.< /span>

I hope you have good luck with your Reflux. It sounds like you have had a tough time in the past!

You can go no carb for quite a while, pure Adkins. I went pretty low, but I needed some fruit now and then. I haven't touched bread or crackers since the before the pre-op diet. I just get bored with meat and veggies.

We're not allowed any overtime where I work. It would be nice so I could pay down the bills, but, oh well.

We only get OT if we're busy. There are times when we aren't busy and we lose our shifts. IT is bad. So when we are busy, I pick up all the extra I can get because you never know when we'll be losing shifts!

Feast or famine!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(:w00t::(:w00t::thumbup::w00t::wub::w00t::eek::w00t::eek::w00t::thumbup::w00t::ohmy::w00t::w00t::w00t::eek::w00t::lol:

I just got an AMAZING job!!!!

I sent an email and resume to be a nanny in exchange for a 1 bedroom apartment, because things have been though for my DH and I right now. We went to the interview tonight at 7:30 we liked them, they liked us, and she called an hour later to say they were cancelling the other interveiw tomorrow and that they want us to move in during the 1st week of September!! We will be living rent free in exchange for wastching 3 boys age 7,11, and 16. VERY well behaved boys. Don't really need a nanny except to help with homework, make sure they do their chores, and run them around to activities. 3-6 pm during the week, and one night a week until 10, helping them keep up the yard and snow removal. The apartment is literally 3 times the size of our place right now!!! And it is in a VERY nice neighborhood! I feel like I might need to buy dome nicer furniture now LOL!!

Also with this arrangement, my DH could just work part time, and go back to school!!

This day started off really crappy with a huge Migraine, and going to the dentist (for the first time in 8 years) and has ended so wonderfully!!!I just had to share my excitement!! I feel like we are actually getting the break we need!!!

Lotza, congratulations on the new adventure! It sounds perfect for you.

Hello Everyone!

I have followed this thread off and on since last year. I have FINALLY been approved through surgeryloans.com for my band. However, I haven't done anything yet.

I spoke to the loan company for the first time yesterday, when I found out I was approved. And also to Natalie (from Dr. K's office), very briefly. She said that I just need to do a phone consult, then schedule a surgery date. The loan company said they can get things underway, once I give them a date.

I am planning to try for the last week in September. Does anyone have any tips that I should be aware of? I live in Miami and my sister will be traveling with me.

I really want Dr. K to do my surgery, not only for the price, but because of all the great things I have heard about him. My main concern is any complications right after surgery. But I won't let that stop me from getting it done through him. Does anyone have any advice of recommendations for me?

What exactly happens during the phone consultation and pre-op phases?

Thanks in advance.

(BTW, I'm sure there is great info on this thread that I should know, but I can't read every page. So I just pick pages at random. :blink: )