Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Friends, got back from the doctor today.

I have Hepatitis C. I have no idea where I got this, when, never had blood transfusion, same sex partner for twenty six years, hubby said 'don't look at me', hubby has to be tested as well.

Next Tuesday I meet with my primary physician. Will be starting a series of liver testing to try and pinpoint how old the virus is in my liver. I'm speechless.

Eyes off myself, I hope you all are doing well. Going to weigh myself in the morning and find out where my weight it.

Hope all have a great weekend.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully they made some sort of mistake and worried you for nothing. My thoughts are with you.

Patty,

I am so sad to hear of your diagnosis. I agree with you and Deb, get in and get a second and possibly a third opinion. There are several different strains of Hep C and they can get a lot of information from running tests. I will be thinking of you and praying that you will find the right medical professionals to do what they need to do to help you be healthy. You've worked so hard, it's your time for good health and happiness.

Hugs for you!

dee~

Hello from Boulder- glad to find this thread for Colorado- I was off the program for a while and now back with a vengence. Lots of exercise, lots of protein- no junk food. Seems to be working but I am losing slowly. Of course I am not 30 any more either- yuk yuk.

i'll be lurking. Love and good luck to everyone on their journey!

Sadie

Hi Sadie, welcome. Glad you found us.

Deb congrats on the loss.

Dee, thanks for the kind words.

I'm down 2 pounds since my last weigh. I expected more but I'll take what I can get.

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm having an upper GI series tomorrow at Aurora North, so please wish me luck. Am throwing up at least once a day lately, so am hoping it is not slipped.

Wow, tough week. Hopefully they can find you a good treatment. Hepatitis of any strain is no fun. Between everyone, they should be able to get you on track.

I had my upper GI on Thursday and I haven't slipped. Didn't think I had, but since they mentioned it, I had a very stressful week over it. Good luck Gator, here's hoping it's just needing an adjustment.

The new doctor's office was much more helpful and actually answered questions and let me vent. I have been so stressed and freaked out I actually developed a rash, which I didn't know you could do. They completely emptied my band and took out more Fluid than the other doctor put in, which means that the old place didn't empty me out on my first fill, so they had no idea what I actually had in there. They also told me I didn't ever have to have a fill if the band was working for me, they don't have a pre-set schedule. I could feel the relief almost immediately after they emptied the band. I have to go back in four weeks for another upper GI swallow test. Barium has not improved from last time. They did make me drink that whole thing to see if there was any reflux. Yuk. My stomach is very touchy and so they are just going to play it by ear. I really think it just needed some more time to recover and three weeks, six days wasn't enough. I am going on a bit, but MAN, I am so relieved!

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm having an upper GI series tomorrow at Aurora North, so please wish me luck. Am throwing up at least once a day lately, so am hoping it is not slipped.

I will be praying that there is no slip! I hope all goes well tomorrow. Let us know!

Wow, tough week. Hopefully they can find you a good treatment. Hepatitis of any strain is no fun. Between everyone, they should be able to get you on track.

I had my upper GI on Thursday and I haven't slipped. Didn't think I had, but since they mentioned it, I had a very stressful week over it. Good luck Gator, here's hoping it's just needing an adjustment.

The new doctor's office was much more helpful and actually answered questions and let me vent. I have been so stressed and freaked out I actually developed a rash, which I didn't know you could do. They completely emptied my band and took out more Fluid than the other doctor put in, which means that the old place didn't empty me out on my first fill, so they had no idea what I actually had in there. They also told me I didn't ever have to have a fill if the band was working for me, they don't have a pre-set schedule. I could feel the relief almost immediately after they emptied the band. I have to go back in four weeks for another upper GI swallow test. Barium has not improved from last time. They did make me drink that whole thing to see if there was any reflux. Yuk. My stomach is very touchy and so they are just going to play it by ear. I really think it just needed some more time to recover and three weeks, six days wasn't enough. I am going on a bit, but MAN, I am so relieved!

I am so glad that you are getting some relief! Thank goodness you found a doctors office that listens!

Ok, so I am getting really sad about my loose skin lately. I have lost a ton of fat on my upper arms, and now that skin is all saggy :) If I look at my arms from a certain angle they look great! But then, if I make the slightest movement they make waves! EEEWWW!! I am trying to stay hydrated, but my acid reflux gives me no end of trouble. I am not coughing up liquids during the night anymore, unless I forget and take a few sips in the middle of the night. So maybe things are getting better slowly. I so want to be in Onederland by New Years! But right now, I don't see that happening.

Ok, so I am getting really sad about my loose skin lately. I have lost a ton of fat on my upper arms, and now that skin is all saggy :biggrin: If I look at my arms from a certain angle they look great! But then, if I make the slightest movement they make waves! EEEWWW!! I am trying to stay hydrated, but my acid reflux gives me no end of trouble. I am not coughing up liquids during the night anymore, unless I forget and take a few sips in the middle of the night. So maybe things are getting better slowly. I so want to be in Onederland by New Years! But right now, I don't see that happening.

I know exactly what you mean! I am very sad about my loose skin. The odd thing is that when I weighed over 450lbs, I would go swimming in public and I felt okay about it. People stared, but they were looking at fat. I wasn't a freak, just a big fat woman. Now the skin on my thighs hang, my calves, knees, AND don't even talk about my arms. I look like a freak! Something that people just stare at! NOW I can't swim in public anymore. I just can't! So I am left swimming very late at night at the pool. Which is okay and I am fortunate to have that option, but I know exactly what you mean!

I hope you are getting better with your reflux. How horrible! Maybe you're not so tight anymore.

You've had such a stressful year Marie. You can be proud of yourself for getting through this tough time and not gaining weight. We all know that even with our Bands, we can gain.

Hang in there!

Deb - 10lbs-2.2-1.0-2.4:wink:

Lapdancer - 25lbs-3.3-2.0:wink:

Laptastic - 10lbs-1.0+0.0+0.0:wink:

Lotza - 5lbs-1.0+1.0+0.0:wink:

KayleighsMommy - 10lbs-3.2-2.6-2.6:wink:

Mini - 10lbs+0.0+0.0-1.2:wink:

Party - 20lbs-6.6-1.2+0.0:wink:

Well, no gain and no loss for me! I am a huge puff-ball! Lots of Water weight! So I am hoping when I pee this excess out - I'll be lighter and leaner!

Congrats on the Losses and the NO gains! As long as we didn't gain, we're good! Right folks?

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Well, I'm pulling out all the stops! I have 121 days til my plastic surgery! I'm okay with having my procedure at this weight, however, IF I can lose more, I'll be sooo much happier!

As of this Wed, I'll have 18 weeks - 18 weeks to work out and eat right!

I just read Jillian Michaels book, "Mastering Your Metabolism" -- I'm going to follow her suggestions and see what happens! It's a whole food plan and it follows my belief of eating what is healthy and balanced. She states that feeding your body is important - starvation will just ruin your metabolism for the future and make keeping your weight off more difficult!

Well, we shall see how it works!

Wish me luck!

How about a Red Robin Get Together on August 16th, Sunday @ 6pm?

Anyone interested? If the 16th won't work for the majority, how about the 9th?

We're open - post your preference!

I hope we can get a good turn out! It's fun to see one another and give those sweet hugs of support!

I was down 2.6 this week. I am finally under 270!!! Yayyyy :biggrin:

hey! Good Job! Congrats! What did you change? You're weight is moving!! That's wonderful!