Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi P51. You really don't need to do anything to prepare for a fill. You will drink some Water to "prime the pump", and then Dr. K. will give you a bit of a fill and have you take another drink of water. You will know when you start to get some restriction. He will back off from there, have you take another drink and then add if needed. By the way, the needle is scary looking BUT it truly doesn't hurt. I think a flu shot hurts more.

Good luck!

Mary

For the challenge, put me down for ten pounds. I need a goal I might be able to reach this time.

Our seven week Labor Day challenge "DLOWAL" - (odd name, I'm open for other ideas)

Anyway, here are the challengers!

Deb - 10lbs

Lapdancer - 25lbs

Laptastic - 10lbs

KayleighsMommy - 10lbs

Mini - 10lbs

Party - 20lbs

Any other challengers out there? Come one, Come all!

Okay, NEW NAME! Labor and Delivery from Obesity Challenge! Yippy! Thanks Patty!!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Our seven week Labor Day challenge "DLOWAL" - (odd name, I'm open for other ideas)

Laptastic - 10lbs

Mini - 10lbs

Party - 20lbs

Hmmmmm.... 7 weeks?? Please put me down for 10 pounds. Hopefully I won't just gain and lose the same 3 pounds over and over again (like I have been) in the next 7 weeks :thumbdown:

Julie I love your avatar photo. You look great and always wear complementing colors for your red hot diva hair. :thumbdown:

Great friends, I purchased a new living room set. It's a pitgroup in mushroom color made from microsuede if not finer than microsuede. It's a new fabric from LazyBoy. It has two recliners in the pitgroup and then two seperate recliners. My gift to myself and family and all who come to visit my home. An awesome place to sit down, relax and kick back.

Weight loss. I am diving into this next challenge shooting for 25 lbs.

How about " Labor and Delivery from Obesity Challenge"

For my fill. I did not eat anything the day of my fill. I ate lean the night before and only had liquids after 8 PM. Again, the day of, ate nothing. I just wanted a good honest gage of where my band was at

Constipation: Anyone have a good recipe for a BOOM BOOM? I have not had a BOOM BOOM in five days. I'm sure it is a cross between the pain meds, my reduction in solid food/change of menu. I feel bloated.

Help. ANYONE.

munch, DO NOT give in to the beagle.... let some other family deal with the breed..... i AM the crazy dog lady if u go back and look at the $18k we spent on tucker last year! here we r a year later and he is doing well, given the fact that he is a 13-yr-old lab who went thru the trauma of last year. we were told it is a matter of "when" NOT "if" he will suffer asphixiate pneumonia...thank the lord he has been free of such so far. all u animal lovers keep ur fingers crossed for us

fingers_crossed.jpg

Makes you wish that Dr.K did PS too. I am so sorry about the whole flight thing! Those people are rude, and hurtful! The worst part is that they don't even care. But that is their problem, and they are going to have their comeuppance.:sad: Sometimes it's nice to imagine that people like that might have weight problems later on, and that they will see what it's like. Although I wouldn't wish it on anyone. You are amazing and don't let those people make you feel like you aren't!:rolleyes:

Dr. K does tummy tucks. Already had the conversation with him.

The other thing I wanted to ask is if anyone has had any issues with Vitamin deficiencies. I have been super tired, irritable, and having Migraine headaches (which I have never had) recently. I got my eyes checked and they are ok. I was reading about vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency and they have both been linked to Migraines. Anyone have any input?

HEY HEY HEY!!! Great to see you on here. I miss your suggestions..like the B12 above. Hope all is good with you.

Did you figure out how to load your photo? If the image is too big it won't load.

Morning all.

Had another sleepless night.

Dee thanks for the info. I already contacted them and got my menu of options. Brazil right?

I made a movie last night.

Picasa Web Albums - Patty - Movies

Laptastic - 10lbs

Mini - 10lbs

Party - 20lbs

dee, put me down for 10 lbs.

Julie I love your avatar photo. You look great and always wear complementing colors for your red hot diva hair. :thumbdown:

Great friends, I purchased a new living room set. It's a pitgroup in mushroom color made from microsuede if not finer than microsuede. It's a new fabric from LazyBoy. It has two recliners in the pitgroup and then two seperate recliners. My gift to myself and family and all who come to visit my home. An awesome place to sit down, relax and kick back.

For my fill. I did not eat anything the day of my fill. I ate lean the night before and only had liquids after 8 PM. Again, the day of, ate nothing. I just wanted a good honest gage of where my band was at

Constipation: Anyone have a good recipe for a BOOM BOOM? I have not had a BOOM BOOM in five days. I'm sure it is a cross between the pain meds, my reduction in solid food/change of menu. I feel bloated.

Help. ANYONE.

mom was really constipated after surgery and found that good old milk of magnesia did the trick.

Patty, loved the crossed fingers!

mom was really constipated after surgery and found that good old milk of magnesia did the trick.

Thanks Deb. *winks* you know I'm an animal lover. As we speak, my Salvadore Dali is recovering from his

testes-ectomy. My poor boy. He had two little puffs popping out, he's six months old, I did the math, and as my farmer grandfather use to say about puberty, "his comb is getting red." *that would be the rooster in the barnyard.

SURGERY DATE!!!! K, I made an appointment for my Tummy Tuck and breast lift. The momentous event will occur on Sept 9th, and I'm already nervous! I wish I were closer to my goal, but this is the only time that's going to work with my schedule, so it is what it is.

I have decided not to get implants. Since my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I now have it on both sides of my family and I really don't want to do anything that might interfere with early detection in any way. My mom's tumor was small and difficult to detect, but came back from pathology as "highly aggressive". Not worth the risk for me.

I'm so excited! And nervous!!

I didn't know he did tummy tucks. Does he do anything else? What does something like that run? Mind you, I am way long ways from that, but I can't imagine there won't be need.

The breast lift should make you happier, even if you don't get implants. It's not worth the worry. I always thought I would never consider such a thing, but now I am older and can appreciate how some lift has benefits.

Morning all.

Had another sleepless night.

Dee thanks for the info. I already contacted them and got my menu of options. Brazil right?

I made a movie last night.

Picasa Web Albums - Patty - Movies

It's Mexico. Monterery Mexico. (I think that is how you spell it.) I'm pushing for a December date so that I can get closer to goal and have a better outcome. Go to www.mymexicopsjourney.com to see one of his former patients.

Dr. K does tummy tucks. Already had the conversation with him.

Does he do the full on Tummy Tuck with muscle reattachment or just the pannus removal? I know he had talked to Michelle about that a while back. I should talk to him. Interesting. The problem, however, is that an overnight hospital stay will run me about $40K. My lapband was over $40K because of my Malignant Hyperthermia and anesthesia refusing to do the surgery in an outpatient setting. There is no way I could afford $40K. Dr. Sauceda doesn't use General and I really like that!

Julie I love your avatar photo. You look great and always wear complementing colors for your red hot diva hair. :thumbup:

Help. ANYONE.

I also eat lean the night before a fill and then nothing before the fill. It sucks however, since I usually schedule my fills for late in the day! Hungry girl!

For a regular Boom Boom (funny you!) I eat fruit everyday. A handful of grapes, apple (peeled of course because of the band) or a ripe pear. M.O.M. and everything else known to man sold over the counter didn't work for me!

Gotcha for the 10lbs! I think I found someone to go with me for my surgery. They are also interested in having surgery done and they are fearful of the Mexican location so this will give them a chance to see things upclose. I'll let you know further information! You're so sweet agreeing to go with me! You're the best!

SURGERY DATE!!!! K, I made an appointment for my tummy tuck and breast lift. The momentous event will occur on Sept 9th, and I'm already nervous! I wish I were closer to my goal, but this is the only time that's going to work with my schedule, so it is what it is.

I have decided not to get implants. Since my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I now have it on both sides of my family and I really don't want to do anything that might interfere with early detection in any way. My mom's tumor was small and difficult to detect, but came back from pathology as "highly aggressive". Not worth the risk for me.

I'm so excited! And nervous!!

Good for you Miss Mini! I'm so happy for you! You're the first of our little group here to have Plastics! You'll be the pioneer, the one to go ahead and report back! I can't wait to hear about it all!
Thanks Deb. *winks* you know I'm an animal lover. As we speak, my Salvadore Dali is recovering from his

testes-ectomy. My poor boy. He had two little puffs popping out, he's six months old, I did the math, and as my farmer grandfather use to say about puberty, "his comb is getting red." *that would be the rooster in the barnyard.

My daughter used to call it being "neuterized" -- I remember her asking her dad, "Pops when are you going to be neuterized?" The look on his face was priceless!