Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Went to Dr. K today and didn't get a fill again. Since starting Water aerobics two weeks ago, I've lost seven pounds. I've hit a 40 pound weight loss. Ten more and I can consider getting a haircut. (I told myself I couldn't cut it until I lost 50 pounds.)

Went to Dr. K today and didn't get a fill again. Since starting Water aerobics two weeks ago, I've lost seven pounds. I've hit a 40 pound weight loss. Ten more and I can consider getting a haircut. (I told myself I couldn't cut it until I lost 50 pounds.)

Congrats! Wow! Good for you! Do you have a fun haircut in mind? Something sassy?

No haircut in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.

Prty:

I am so sorry that happened to you. It never should have. I think that the next person that tells you that you don't need two seats..you should ask for a voucher regarding that IN WRITING! That way you can tell the next rude person to stick it!

Prty:

I am so sorry that happened to you. It never should have. I think that the next person that tells you that you don't need two seats..you should ask for a voucher regarding that IN WRITING! That way you can tell the next rude person to stick it!

That's a good idea! I just think it's all so random! Albany is pretty strict according to the agent in Baltimore, however, Baltimore wasn't concerned. I know of a lady that had this exact thing happen to her in Chicago! It was almost the exact scenerio. Amazing!

Theresa that is fantastic. Applause on the achievement. I think your hair is thick and beautiful. I love long hair..duh..and I think with your naturally thick locks and beautiful eyes you should grow it out more. Your eyes are so expressive.

No haircut in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.
That's a good idea! I just think it's all so random! Albany is pretty strict according to the agent in Baltimore, however, Baltimore wasn't concerned. I know of a lady that had this exact thing happen to her in Chicago! It was almost the exact scenerio. Amazing!

Dee my last scale read on the fourth was down exactly two lbs. Did you find the weight issue not so much a big deal anymore? My point is I know where I came from and I know where I am. You are ahead of me in the run. How do you feel now?

UPDATE on my fill...it's rocking and rolling.

It's very nice to let the band do it's job. My appetite is so well controlled.

Next challenge? Anyone up to it? I find the challenges keep me excited and focused on short goals. In one month, it is back to school for some of us. How about if we have a RED APPLE CHALLENGE? 4 weeks starting Sunday?

dee, i can't even type the words that express my feelings right now....Mexico: depending on when u might go, i would be willing to go with you. you shouldn't go thru that procedure alone, particularly for that many days. i am serious about the offer.

i am in for the labor day challenge. put me down for 10 pounds.

Theresa that is fantastic. Applause on the achievement. I think your hair is thick and beautiful. I love long hair..duh..and I think with your naturally thick locks and beautiful eyes you should grow it out more. Your eyes are so expressive.

Dee my last scale read on the fourth was down exactly two lbs. Did you find the weight issue not so much a big deal anymore? My point is I know where I came from and I know where I am. You are ahead of me in the run. How do you feel now?

UPDATE on my fill...it's rocking and rolling.

It's very nice to let the band do it's job. My appetite is so well controlled.

Next challenge? Anyone up to it? I find the challenges keep me excited and focused on short goals. In one month, it is back to school for some of us. How about if we have a RED APPLE CHALLENGE? 4 weeks starting Sunday?

You know Patty, I was feeling pretty good about myself and my accomplishments until this last weekend. Having that happen to me in the airport really made me realize I have so much further to go and what I've lost is a lot for most, but for me, it's only 1/2 of the way. I still have so far to go! That event really brought me to my reality - it was humiliating!

dee, i can't even type the words that express my feelings right now....Mexico: depending on when u might go, i would be willing to go with you. you shouldn't go thru that procedure alone, particularly for that many days. i am serious about the offer.

i am in for the labor day challenge. put me down for 10 pounds.

Thank you Deb so much! I'm waiting to hear about the schedule - I would like to do something in October or November. I'd rather do it tomorrow, but I'd like to lose a little more, if possible.

You're so sweet to offer to go with me. Twelve days is a long time to be alone, but it's also a long time to ask someone to come with me. I appreciate the sacrifice it would mean to someone else.

Wow, dee, I am thoroughly disgusted by what the airline did to you. Are you going to complain? Stories like this infuriate me. What an ass. Whoever offered to give the dude a beatdown . . .count me in!!!!!

Where, in Mexico, is the doctor you want to see? That would be so fantastic if you could do that. And deb, you are a wonderful woman.

Wow, dee, I am thoroughly disgusted by what the airline did to you. Are you going to complain? Stories like this infuriate me. What an ass. Whoever offered to give the dude a beatdown . . .count me in!!!!!

Where, in Mexico, is the doctor you want to see? That would be so fantastic if you could do that. And deb, you are a wonderful woman.

I do plan to complain AFTER I get my refund back! I hated how that entire incident made me feel. I felt like the old days, ugly and so disgusting! I hated feeling like that! I was absolutely humiliated!

The plastic surgeon is Dr. Sauceda in Monterry.

So, I am in the process of researching surgeons. I am glad to see that there is a doctor in the US offering affordable lapband surgery.

My concern is that, although Dr. K has a very low surgery price, won't the additional costs of travel bring the cost closer to that of other surgeons?

Considering the costs of two plane tickets (flying from florida with a friend or family member for support), car rental, and renting a hotel room for healing, I am looking at about another $2-3k on top of the $9950.

There is a doctor in my area offering the surgery for 12,200 and i wouldnt have to pay those travel costs.

How much did any traveling patients end up paying for their surgery with Dr. K. after including all of these other costs, or does Dr. K help with the travel arrangements?

So, I am in the process of researching surgeons. I am glad to see that there is a doctor in the US offering affordable lapband surgery.

My concern is that, although Dr. K has a very low surgery price, won't the additional costs of travel bring the cost closer to that of other surgeons?

Considering the costs of two plane tickets (flying from florida with a friend or family member for support), car rental, and renting a hotel room for healing, I am looking at about another $2-3k on top of the $9950.

There is a doctor in my area offering the surgery for 12,200 and i wouldnt have to pay those travel costs.

How much did any traveling patients end up paying for their surgery with Dr. K. after including all of these other costs, or does Dr. K help with the travel arrangements?

Dr K's price includes everything related to the surgery. The outpatient center, anesthesia, preop appt and procedure. You have to pay for the pre/post op meds and your travel expenses. The price is very low because he wants to offer an opportunity for the Lap Band within the US. If you want to know how much it will cost, do some research, i.e. hotel, car rental, airfare etc. Add it to the $9950.00 and then you'll have your answer. Check with the doc in your area and make sure that his price is all inclusive and you won't have to pay for preop appt and tests. Those things aren't always included. Dr K is an amazing surgeon! But you have to do what is right for you.

I do plan to complain AFTER I get my refund back! I hated how that entire incident made me feel. I felt like the old days, ugly and so disgusting! I hated feeling like that! I was absolutely humiliated!

The plastic surgeon is Dr. Sauceda in Monterry.

Dee~I hate how other people invade our confidence and make us feel so bad. You are NOT ugly and you are NOT disgusting. You are as beautiful oustide as you are inside and I am fortunate to know you and be a part of your journey. You have literally worked your arse off, don't let the bastards get you down. You are someone that deserves Royal Treatment in this life, you are kind and thoughtful, considerate and ALWAYS here for everyone. I believe in you and I am proud of you!

If I could go to Mexico with you , I would do it yesterday, maybe do a two for one!!!

Hugs...

Edited by Mal

i traveled from portland, or,had someone with me, rented a car, and stayed two nights in a motel. the additional cost was less than $1000. Plus, i claimed all of it including surgery costs on income tax since insurance didn't cover it. i have been back to denver three times for fills, each trip averaging $200...not much more than a local dr. would charge, but it was worth time and energy to have dr. k do the fills...plus of course i got to spend time with the local bandsters at red robin...a benefit that can't be quantified.

as dee said, u have to do what is best for u, but dr. k is the best.